[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The one ugly thing from the Patriots game

Sleeping King

Ugly uniform or not, this team is far and away the most fun Patriots team to watch in the last 6 years. The offense no longer stutter-steps along until the break out for a drive or 2 and otherwise depend on the defense to keep the other team at bay. They are moving the ball consistently, and they look good doing it. That second TD catch by moss was one of the prettiest TD catches I have seen in a long time!

Is the continued use of the Silver jersey for the alternate. That jersey sucks. Bring back Pat the Patriot for the alternate. In other uniform news I really liked the Redskins helmets.

What about the cheap shot on Losmans knee from Wilfork? I'm a Bills fan I know they could have won with out doing that. But hey why not make sure...right Patriot fans?

I was at the game and had no view of that play. I was sorry to see Losman get hurt. You have to be at least mildly encouraged that Edwards played decently considering the circumstances.

BTW...for anyone that saw the game on TV, did Edwards step out of the back of the endzone and the refs got it wrong? Not that it matters....but from where we were sitting that appeared to be the case.

Ugly uniform or not, this team is far and away the most fun Patriots team to watch in the last 6 years. The offense no longer stutter-steps along until the break out for a drive or 2 and otherwise depend on the defense to keep the other team at bay. They are moving the ball consistently, and they look good doing it. That second TD catch by moss was one of the prettiest TD catches I have seen in a long time!

I heard they immediately sent the video of that play to the Hall of Fame..... :D

I love that the media and SOME fans have given the Patriots the crown already.

Not directed at you Nick, as you are one of the level-headed ones.

I heard they immediately sent the video of that play to the Hall of Fame..... :D

I love that the media and SOME fans have given the Patriots the crown already.

Not directed at you Nick, as you are one of the level-headed ones.

:D Why single out the comment, then?

JMO: For years I have been a small detractor in how "great" Tom Brady was. Not that I didn't think he was one of the top QBs, but more that I thought Manning was better overall and that the comparisons with players like Montana were foolish. The thing is that he really has never had tools like this to work with (no pun intended :wacko: ), and now that he does things are really coming together. That throw and catch together was about as good as it gets in terms of execution on a single play.

I have been an avid Pats fan for over 20 years, and I can never remember a team they put on the field being this much fun to watch. For the last 6 years their football has been at times boring to watch. I can't say that through the first 3 games of '07, and it makes me a happy camper :wacko:

I was at the game and had no view of that play. I was sorry to see Losman get hurt. You have to be at least mildly encouraged that Edwards played decently considering the circumstances.

BTW...for anyone that saw the game on TV, did Edwards step out of the back of the endzone and the refs got it wrong? Not that it matters....but from where we were sitting that appeared to be the case.

There were really only two angles that showed Edwards' foot. From one side it looked like he was out, from the other it didn't. I think it was one of those where the two may have been over the line, but not touch the ground out of bounds. From the back end zone view I think you could see green the entire time between the line and the foot. I think the call was correct.

There were really only two angles that showed Edwards' foot. From one side it looked like he was out, from the other it didn't. I think it was one of those where the two may have been over the line, but not touch the ground out of bounds. From the back end zone view I think you could see green the entire time between the line and the foot. I think the call was correct.

I beleive it. You really could not tell on the jumbotron, but from the 20 yd line it looked to be OOB. I was just wondering. If you can see green...well, that's a good answer.

:D Why single out the comment, then?

JMO: For years I have been a small detractor in how "great" Tom Brady was. Not that I didn't think he was one of the top QBs, but more that I thought Manning was better overall and that the comparisons with players like Montana were foolish. The thing is that he really has never had tools like this to work with (no pun intended :D ), and now that he does things are really coming together. That throw and catch together was about as good as it gets in terms of execution on a single play.

I have been an avid Pats fan for over 20 years, and I can never remember a team they put on the field being this much fun to watch. For the last 6 years their football has been at times boring to watch. I can't say that through the first 3 games of '07, and it makes me a happy camper :wacko:

I singled out that comment, because I think in your excitement, you went a tad overboard in calling it the prettiest catch you've seen in several years, and I was giving you a hard time for it.

As for the Patriots, how in the hell would a fan not be excited by their 3 games thus far. My Steelers are playing well, but, not quite to what the Patriots are doing, and I'm loving every minute of it. I don't blame you one bit. As for Tom Brady, he should have answered EVERYONE'S questions by now. He is phenomenal, and right up there with Peyton Manning in a class by themselves.

I singled out that comment, because I think in your excitement, you went a tad overboard in calling it the prettiest catch you've seen in several years, and I was giving you a hard time for it.

You obviously don't watch as many Pats games as I do. :D As I said, it was one of the prettiest TD catches I have seen in a long time.

"Pretty" has not been the Pats MO for the last 6 years.