[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Time, Any Place Dynasty/IDP 16 team draft going on now

Hugh 0ne

I've seen a few comments where guys are apologizing for delaying the draft. Makes me wonder if the draft began before anyone knew it was to start?

Well they were probably trying to trade but nothing was promising. They posted they wanted to trade but this league hasn't been as trade happy as ATAP(so far anyway).

I don't think anyone was pressuring them. They were just being polite in my opinion.

:wacko:

Are you pressuring them to take their time? :D

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kind of where I was at too... was working some deals but they weren't really heading int eh direction that made sense for me, so instead of delaying any more in negotiations, I decided to make a move. We'll see if that move ends up being too much of a reach or not.

You can always try trading it with a Houston Texans fan.

If he's a player you like going a little early isn't a reach if you can't trade down.

Edited by Randall

Update

San Diego Silver Surfers Taz

Lake Superior Obibwa Randall

Redcliff Maple Leafs TFord

Maryland Crabs TBone

Sun City Little Blue Pills Robash

Winnebago Derby Domes Swiss

Masked Burglars of Uranus Savage

Brooklyn Ball Busters Brooklyn Rob

New York Chowder Mr. Ted

Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils RSXsundevil

SF409ers

La Whomper Nostra

Piney Woods Petro Pumpers Zia

KPHolmes

Should've had the vasectomy sooner REZ

NY/NJ MetroStars Dondemeo

RSX traded down from 1.05 to 1.08(after our trade) and picked an extra 2nd round rookie pick.

Zia gave up Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.14;Year 2008 Draft Pick 5.03;Year 2008 Draft Pick 44.14

Swiss gave up Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.03;Year 2008 Draft Pick 5.14

Swiss gave up Year 2008 Draft Pick 1.14Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.14

Zia gave up:Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.03

Randals gives 3.05

Zia gives 45.14, 46.14, 47.14, 48.14, 49.14, 50.14, 51.14 plus $20.

1st Round

1.01 1. Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Wed Jun 11 5:23:29 p.m. ET 2008 ALL DAY!!!!!

1.02 2. Maryland Crabs Jackson, Steven STL RB Wed Jun 11 5:23:29 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

1.03 3. Piney Woods Petro Pumpers Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB Wed Jun 11 6:23:15 p.m. ET 2008

1.04 4. San Diego Silver Surfers Westbrook, Brian PHI RB Wed Jun 11 6:26:13 p.m. ET 2008

1.05 5. Brooklyn Ball Busters Barber, Marion DAL RB Wed Jun 11 8:10:30 p.m. ET 2008

1.06 6. La Whomper Nostra Addai, Joseph IND RB Wed Jun 11 9:54:24 p.m. ET 2008

1.07 7. REZ Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB Wed Jun 11 10:14:37 p.m. ET 2008

1.08 8. Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils Gore, Frank SFO RB Thu Jun 12 12:59:16 a.m. ET 2008

1.09 9. kpholmes Wayne, Reggie IND WR Thu Jun 12 1:07:24 a.m. ET 2008 N

1.10 10. NY/NJ MetroStars Willis, Patrick SFO LB Thu Jun 12 1:42:49 a.m. ET 2008

1.11 11. New York Chowder Manning, Peyton IND QB Thu Jun 12 9:42:05 a.m. ET 2008 Don't want to be the reason to delay the draft.

1.12 12 Masked Burglars of Uranus Ryans, DeMeco HOU LB

1.13 13 Sun City Little Blue Pills Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

1.14 14 Piney Woods Petro Pumpers Andre Johnson WR

1.15 15 Redcliff Maple Leafs selected Portis, Clinton WAS RB

1.16 16 SF409ers Larry Fitzgerald

2nd Round

2.01 SF409ers Marques Colston WR

Edited by Randall

1.13 13. Sun City Little Blue Pills Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Whoa. Well, I sure didn't see that coming. Did he think Edwards wouldn't be there at 2.04?

Post edit - Edwards went at 1.15 in ATAP. Forgot about that. Both leagues are placing a ton of value on him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Whoa. Well, I sure didn't see that coming. Did he think Edwards wouldn't be there at 2.04?

Apparently not because 1.14 had a pre-draft pick selected and now he doesnt...so I am assuming he was going to get him at 1.14.

I was torn between him and Manning to be honest

Post edit - Edwards went at 1.15 in ATAP. Forgot about that. Both leagues are placing a ton of value on him.

That one surprised me too.

Apparently not because 1.14 had a pre-draft pick selected and now he doesnt...so I am assuming he was going to get him at 1.14.

I was torn between him and Manning to be honest

He could have had Willis or Ryans in there too. The system doesn't delete players already drafted until it's your turn.

We have another trade

Winnebago Derby Domes gave up:

Year 2008 Draft Pick 1.14

Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.14

Piney Woods Petro Pumpers gave up:

Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.03

We have another trade

Winnebago Derby Domes gave up:

Year 2008 Draft Pick 1.14

Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.14

Piney Woods Petro Pumpers gave up:

Year 2008 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2008 Draft Pick 3.03

The reverse of the previous draft where you took Ryans when Andre was gone. I don't think anyone was surprised. :wacko:

Me neither. Yes its a homer pick, but I honestly think in a dynasty draft he is among the top 3 WR.

Wow. That seems like a lot to give for a 3rd round pick.

2nd through 8th round rookie picks. Eh. The $20 puts it over the top a little, but there are only so many low risk players to grab. All those rookie picks are high risk players.

It looks like good short term and not so good long term strategy to me.

IMO Portis is terrific value where he was picked. I think he has the possibility to be a top 5 RB and is unlikely to be less than a top 12. I would have taken him at 1.09, so I like the pick a lot.

IMO Portis is terrific value where he was picked. I think he has the possibility to be a top 5 RB and is unlikely to be less than a top 12. I would have taken him at 1.09, so I like the pick a lot.

I do too. I was surprised he was still there.

The first 3 are good, 5th-8th round picks are projects. The first rookie is the 30th pick(2.14 rookie).
:wacko: :armchairanalyst: :D

The problem with this trade is that, if you want to keep them, you will end up having to roster 2nd, 3rd, 4th round rookies who could very well amount to nothing and likely won't start for a year or two in the NFL. $20 makes the trade worthwhile, but I think I would have shot for a later vet pick(s) rather than the 4th/5th thru 8th round rookies. Any one of those rookies could end up as good or better than the 3.5 pick, but the question is will you be able to hold onto them long enough to find out or even worse have to end up giving them a short term contract to fit them into you active roster only to have them come up as a RFA the year they finally get to start or have a breakout season.

On Zia's side I think he is vastly underrating the value of having rookie picks soak on his DTS. Inevitably this year's 6th-8th round flyers will be next year's hot waiver picks when they could have been had for free. Even more, instead of being able to spend a buck or two to load up his DTS with prospects he now has to conserve his cash for future RFA's and it puts him behind the 8-ball in both regards... all for a single player. In all honesty Zia could end up with a stud at that position, but a swing & miss at 3.5 could be extremely hindering long term.

I have to say if it were me on either side of this trade I would have turned it down. I like Randall's side better because I value draft picks higher than most, but like I stated it would have been more beneficial to get at least one or two late vet picks (ie fantasy starters) out of the deal rather than several late rookies who you won't be able to keep when it's time to make your cuts.

Edited by rajncajn

:wacko: :armchairanalyst: :D

The problem with this trade is that, if you want to keep them, you will end up having to roster 2nd, 3rd, 4th round rookies who could very well amount to nothing and likely won't start for a year or two in the NFL. $20 makes the trade worthwhile, but I think I would have shot for a later vet pick(s) rather than the 4th/5th thru 8th round rookies. Any one of those rookies could end up as good or better than the 3.5 pick, but the question is will you be able to hold onto them long enough to find out or even worse have to end up giving them a short term contract to fit them into you active roster only to have them come up as a RFA the year they finally get to start or have a breakout season.

On Zia's side I think he is vastly underrating the value of having rookie picks soak on his DTS. Inevitably this year's 6th-8th round flyers will be next year's hot waiver picks when they could have been had for free. Even more, instead of being able to spend a buck or two to load up his DTS with prospects he now has to conserve his cash for future RFA's and it puts him behind the 8-ball in both regards... all for a single player. In all honesty Zia could end up with a stud at that position, but a swing & miss at 3.5 could be extremely hindering long term.

I have to say if it were me on either side of this trade I would have turned it down. I like Randall's side better because I value draft picks higher than most, but like I stated it would have been more beneficial to get at least one or two late vet picks (ie fantasy starters) out of the deal rather than several late rookies who you won't be able to keep when it's time to make your cuts.

I'm a gambler at heart and like trading down. I like finding diamonds in the rough. Doing that means you have to drop a lot of guys, but rookie value right now before TC is pretty dubious and you can find guys that are worth more than their pick. Guys past the 4th or 5th round rarely do much though. I have a list of late round guys I like.