[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU vs Mizzou

BS Miscreant

Defense always wins championships. If offense was the case, Boise St, Hawaii and other high flying acts could succeed against the better D's.

Bama , Penn St, USC and Florida are light years above the competition this year in defense. I don't see anyway the highest scoring team in history can move the ball against any of them with any consistency. OU may be able to put up 30 points, the big problem is their defense would be shredded by any of those teams for 40+ points. Let's see what happens when this finesse team gets smacked in the mouth for 4 quarters by a much more physical style of play. OU will have less offensive possessions and their D will be wore down tremendously in the 2nd half.

Florida 42

OU 30

Tell me why FLA is a better defense, because the offense in the SEC is pathetic at best. FLA hasnt played an offense like OU.

Nothing even close to this

700 points scored

54.4 pts a game

2 1000 yd rushers

2672 rushing yards as a team.

45 rushing touchdowns as a team

4400 passing yards

48 passing touchdowns

OU has so many ways to beat a team. Its nothing like high flying acts like Hawaii or Tech who only throw the ball around.

OU has 560 rushing attempts and only 472 passing attempts

So Mike tell us again how 560 rushing attempts are finese. OU has the biggest OL in the nation, and unless teams blitz, Bradford isnt getting touched. If you blitz him, they will gash you with the run, or he simply throws it to his outlet wide. Its pick yoru poison. YOu can rush 4 and play coverage, but eventually the OU weapons will get open. Or you can blitz and get gashed quickly. FLA will be no different.

But you keep posting whatever comes to mind, and Ill continue to post stats and facts to back it up.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me why FLA is a better defense, because the offense in the SEC is pathetic at best. FLA hasnt played an offense like OU.

Nothing even close to this

700 points scored

54.4 pts a game

2 1000 yd rushers

2672 rushing yards as a team.

45 rushing touchdowns as a team

4400 passing yards

48 passing touchdowns

OU has so many ways to beat a team. Its nothing like high flying acts like Hawaii or Tech who only throw the ball around.

OU has 560 rushing attempts and only 472 passing attempts

So Mike tell us again how 560 rushing attempts are finese. OU has the biggest OL in the nation, and unless teams blitz, Bradford isnt getting touched. If you blitz him, they will gash you with the run, or he simply throws it to his outlet wide. Its pick yoru poison. YOu can rush 4 and play coverage, but eventually the OU weapons will get open. Or you can blitz and get gashed quickly. FLA will be no different.

But you keep posting whatever comes to mind, and Ill continue to post stats and facts to back it up.

Sarge,

You don't need to talk so very much now. To be honest, most of it falls on deaf ears as each person has the reputation he earns.

The two teams will be able to determine who is the better team on the field. You don't have to prove on these message boards that OU is better than UF or that the Big 12 is better than the SEC--that will be determined in the BCS NC game.

Sarge,

You don't need to talk so very much now. To be honest, most of it falls on deaf ears as each person has the reputation he earns.

The two teams will be able to determine who is the better team on the field. You don't have to prove on these message boards that OU is better than UF or that the Big 12 is better than the SEC--that will be determined in the BCS NC game.

I'm merely responding to ignorance that was spewed, I responded to it. I am somewhat amazed at how stupid some on this site really are. You for example do not see I responded to Mike. :wacko: Mike on one hand just spewing anything he can onto the wall hoping something will stick. Nothing really does, but he continues anyway, And for many more who fall for my bait each and every day here. Seriously, I hate to let the cat outta the bag, but its embarassing how many fish I get on my line each and every day. I used to love to catch big bass on my line, but now the small minnows are eating up all the chum, and quite frankly it isnt nearly as fun anymore.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

I'm merely responding to ignorance that was spewed, ....

I guess if you consider me ignorant for pointing out the obvious that Florida , USC , Penn St and Bama have the best D's in the country. All far superior then OU's , then go ahead and call about 99% of the US population ignorant too.

What a moran ! :wacko:

I guess I figured it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to point out the obvious, but I guess compared to you, I am a rocket scientist.

I guess if you consider me ignorant for pointing out the obvious that Florida , USC , Penn St and Bama have the best D's in the country. All far superior then OU's , then go ahead and call about 99% of the US population ignorant too.

What a moran ! :wacko:

I guess I figured it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to point out the obvious, but I guess compared to you, I am a rocket scientist.

You said OU was a high flying and finese offense.

OU has run the ball 59 more times than Florida. SO much for finese or high flying as you stated above, so yes I responded to your ignorance.

If anything Florida is the finese offense. Tebow is by far their most physical runner, as all of their scat backs Harvin, Demps and Rainey, are under 200 lbs and all of them are looking for space. OU has 2 1000 yd rushers who are both over 200 lbs, and OU runs a traditional running style. OU has a bigger more physical OL. So tell us again who is the finese team. FLA needs trickery, and gimmick plays with space or deception to run this offense. IF anything FLA is the finese offense looking for space, not a physical offense that is going to pound the ball at you like OU does.

As usual, just more spew with nothing to back it up.

BTW, what kind of moron mispells moron. :D Nice rocket science there dumb ass.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

It's called a Huddleism there Sarge. I thought you've been here for a long time?

Moran= Moron

Hugh= Huge

Etc

Etc

Etc

Ive been here since 1999, and Ive never seen moron spelled that way, except by idiots like MIke.

The hugh crap is queer as hell btw. Ive never said that, nor will ever.

Clearly I misspelled it there.I wasnt saying I , nor anyone else havent misspelled a word, I was saying Ive never seen it used the way some use the word hugh, I didnt intentionally spell it that way. Nor do I think OSU is aware its not spelled with an O instead of an A.

And to be honest, I shouldnt speak of misspelled words. I do it all the time. :wacko:

Edited by Sgt Ryan

moran is how it's spelled around here tool !

I use FF with auto spell check, so I'm very aware of the spelling, and it was used as I intended.

Your so brackwards, you don't get it.

LMAO, guess even spell check cant help you.

Its You're or You are. Not Your in that context.

And does spell check tell you there are only 2 polls in the BCS, or the coaches and USA Today poll are actually the same poll? Just wondering if your ignorance there could be avoided with a computer program like spell check.

... And for many more who fall for my bait each and every day here. Seriously, I hate to let the cat outta the bag, but its embarassing how many fish I get on my line each and every day. I used to love to catch big bass on my line, but now the small minnows are eating up all the chum, and quite frankly it isnt nearly as fun anymore.

When someone so frequently finds ways to antagonize, a relatively intelligent person just begins to believe that that person is just flawed that way. And the fact that you're so proud of yourself for something that is such pathetic minutiae is just, well, pathetic.

And for many more who fall for my bait each and every day here. Seriously, I hate to let the cat outta the bag, but its embarassing how many fish I get on my line each and every day. I used to love to catch big bass on my line, but now the small minnows are eating up all the chum, and quite frankly it isnt nearly as fun anymore.

This always makes me chuckle.

So what is it Ryan? Are you some half-wit blind homer who goes on and on and on about his team and then somehow shows even less honor when his team is exposed by a "lesser team" like BSU? Or are you "just fishing"?

See, the "just fishing" card is often the last one played by the lowest amongst us. They spew garbage upon garbage. Then, when exposed, they claim they were just "trying to mess with everyone". And no, we don't think you were serious when you said Missouri could beat FL. But don't pretend for a second that the rest of the crap you spew is some calculated effort to mess with everyone. If it is, you're putting way to much thought into arguing things you don't believe.

None the less, I suppose I should thank you for my amusement. In a sick way, it's sort of fun to poke sticks at the idiot. Thanks for being that idiot.

make no mistake I am a blind homer. I see everything through Crimson and Cream colored glasses. Ive never, nor will I ever apologize for that. But even I know my team isnt #1 every week of every year. When they lost to Texas, I thought the better team lost, and I still think that. But when we lost to Texas in 2005, I knew Texas was the better team.

And Im not fishing in regards to my teams greatness this year, they are #1 in the country in the BCS, Coaches poll ,and the computers. And when they beat FLA, the AP poll will jump on the bandwagon as well. :wacko:

Big Mouth Bass like MIke, and a few others here live and die on my every post. They cant wait to respond to it, it makes their day, their life, their world. So knowing this, I feed that, and then expose them for it.

Seriously, lets take a trip down memory lane in just the last week. Mike actually thought there were 3 polls in the BCS, and the USA today poll and the coaches poll were 2 different polls. Do you think he would have ever exposed this ignorance had he not tried to defend Texas as the better team than OU.

Lets continue this trip down memory lane. Then for weeks he has been spewing how H2H Texas over OU, Texas should go. H2H is all that matters, and OU is undeserving. Yet, he agrees with Mack Browns ballot where Texas is #2, and Tech is #7 . So much for H2H being that important in this case.

So like Ive said before, I throw the line in the water, and the big mouth bass like Mike cant help themselves. And he gets exposed with virtually every post. Then comes untave, or whoever else, that see through the BS, and post a legit post exposing my bait, well it actually gives Mike's dumb ass someone elses view and he jumps on that, rather than exposing his own ignorant view.

In other words its like playing poker. You have fish who think the other guy is bluffing, so they call, when they have nothing themselves. Then they pound their chest saying I knew he was bluffing, yet the other guy may have bluffed how strong his hand was, but it was still enough to beat you, and you lose your money.

If no one would take the bait, the fishing would stop. But that simply isnt the case. This has nothing to do if OU loses to Boise, or WVA. OU lost fair and square in both of those games. I dont have to agree the better team won, but clearly I see the final score and know my team didnt get it done. And really isnt that the bottom line, getting it done and winning the game.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Big Mouth Bass like MIke, and a few others here live and die on my every post. They cant wait to respond to it, it makes their day, their life, their world. So knowing this, I feed that, and then expose them for it.

Son. You're giving yourself way too much credit here. :D I don't think ANYBODY here live's and dies on your every post rather we like to see what comical nonsense you'll come up with next. I enjoy reading most of your posts as you're extreme homerism, shortsightedness and insecurity is exposed time and again. There are a lot of boys that enjoy playing the villain as they continue to try to push the buttons of others because for some reason they endear themselves to the negative attention. We see it in almost every walk of life .... from toddlers, pubescent high schoolers and even adult Sooner fans :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

Son. You're giving yourself way too much credit here. :D I don't think ANYBODY here live's and dies on your every post rather we like to see what comical nonsense you'll come up with next. I enjoy reading most of your posts as you're extreme homerism, shortsightedness and insecurity is exposed time and again. There are a lot of boys that enjoy playing the villain as they continue to try to push the buttons of others because for some reason they endear themselves to the negative attention. We see it in almost every walk of life .... from toddlers, pubescent high schoolers and even adult Sooner fans :wacko:

Thank you for the kind words Old man. Im glad to know that even after I expose my intentions in this forum, fish like you continue to bite. Its like I can show you the magic trick, and you are still mesmerized each time I do it.

In defense of Sarge (not that he needs any) there is a lot of truth to what he says. You all can go ahead and admit it, when he went into exile from this forum in after USC-Oklahoma, for the next year, you all missed him.

Define the word "all." I think our definitions are different.

I take great pride in receiving threating PM's from Sarge or having him put me on his ignore list.

Let's me know I kicked his a$$ in a thread. :wacko:

Considering Ive never sent you a PM, and I see every one of your posts, not sure where you dreamed this crap up. But you are definately one of the fish Im talking about. Really there are only 3 of you suckers. TOS, Old Man Prof, and you. And you have actually been tolerable this year, but that has more to do with your LSU kitty Kats being unranked and sucking ass, than anything else.

Well without him, this forum would be pretty boring. At least IMO. Maybe you have a different opinion? I don't know. Maybe all isn't the right word, but I think deep down, the vast majority missed him.

negative - that year was bliss. Private Ryan and his stick jumped the shark a long time ago, I don't even read his rambling, idiotic posts anymore bc frankly it is the same chit over and over and I find it boring.

he went from a semi-entertaining OU and college football fan to a bitter doochbag that goes way over the line too many times. Anyone who has read his posts with TOS in regard to other BOTH leagues knows this to be true.

Could care less if he is "fishing" or not, the Dood is an effing idiot