[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Airlines banner ad makes pages not load

wiegie

I do care and is it still happening? I have not seen it yet.

I don't know that much about the banner business and all that, but I wonder if you might see different things than your clients with some kind of targeting system.

It might not be a bad idea to try and log on from elsewhere, maybe as an alias once in a while.

It has gotten to the point where I can't use this site unless I am using Firefox with Adblock Plus. I hate Firefox compared to Safari, and I hate having my choices dictated to me like that, but I do what I need to in order to do what I want.

I complained about this a while back, and I will say it again: From a security standpoint it's unacceptable to be servicing content to customers that can by it's very nature run malicious code. I support the site's decision to run banner ads because I know it's necessary. I block them because what is being provided goes over the line. I tried not to use ad blocker for a long time, but the Huddle's choice of banner service forced me to make that choice.

I do care and is it still happening? I have not seen it yet.

It's actually happening worse now than ever before. I will note that I had the same thing happen with an American Airlines banner ad on a different website I go to (non-fantasy football).

I'm using IE6 with Windows XP if it matters.

(And to make matters worse, I just bought a ticket from AA on their website about a week ago and this is how the treat me.)

Perhaps I should just clear my history.

From a security standpoint it's unacceptable to be servicing content to customers that can by it's very nature run malicious code.

This has never happened, is not happening now and will never happen at The Huddle. We serve a variety of ad units on the site but THAT IS IT! These ad units NEVER contain any code of any kind that could be deemed malicious in nature. PERIOD!

This has never happened, is not happening now and will never happen at The Huddle. We serve a variety of ad units on the site but THAT IS IT! These ad units NEVER contain any code of any kind that could be deemed malicious in nature. PERIOD!

My Trend Micro Office Scan thinks differently, sometimes on every single forum link I click on. :wacko:

Sorry, not buying it. I run Trend and other detection software on my PC 24/7 and I'm sure I spend far more time on the site than you do. I've never detected anything malicious. If you have proof of such an occurrence please email it to me. And if all you have is cookie setting detections don't bother. That is not malicious code by any definition.

My Trend Micro Office Scan thinks differently, sometimes on every single forum link I click on. :wacko:

Sorry, not buying it. I run Trend and other detection software on my PC 24/7 and I'm sure I spend far more time on the site than you do. I've never detected anything malicious. If you have proof of such an occurrence please email it to me. And if all you have is cookie setting detections don't bother. That is not malicious code by any definition.

I have Trend on my office machine, just installed Adblock Plus today, and was getting some notifications. I'll post Monday if they persist.

I've already PM'd DMD last week, Just cleared all cookies and history and it popped up again on the 4th huddle forum link I clicked on. Whether you buy it or not and irregardless of the nature, it's completely frustrating to have a PC that you are limited on downloading adblockers and popups. It's becoming borderline unbearable to surf on the huddle with my work PC. :wacko:

Type a website in the field below to:

* Check its reputation ranking/score

* Submit feedback about a certain website

Complete website*:

Only HTTP and HTTPS are supported. (e.g., http://www.trendmicro.com)

Web reputation result: This URL is currently listed as malicious.

Edited by bushwacked
I've already PM'd DMD last week, Just cleared all cookies and history and it popped up again on the 4th huddle forum link I clicked on. Whether you buy it or not and irregardless of the nature, it's completely frustrating to have a PC that you are limited on downloading adblockers and popups. It's becoming borderline unbearable to surf on the huddle with my work PC. :wacko:

Thanks for that Bushwacked. I just checked back now and would have had to go through the exercise.

WW, I don't mean to offend. Again, I am on your side in supporting the banner service, but I think you might be mistaken in this case.

EDIT: just as an aside, I have used several browsers and OS platforms for using the huddle since the banner service went into effect. There have been many occasions where I have witnessed odd behavior, temporary hangs, and other such indications that something was going on. You have problems with your ad service content. People have tried to point it out in a variety of ways, but you folks don't seem to be all that receptive except to way "Tell me what the problem banner is and I will remove it", After a while, that gets old.

I stand by my earlier post in saying that it has gotten to the point that the only tolerable way to use the forums is to block the ads. Being a dedicated Huddler, I am willing to go through that trouble. How many potential customers are you losing because they are not willing to do the same?

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Let's not confuse popup ads with malicious code downloads. They are not even remotely the same thing. Any further unsubstantiated accusations of this site sourcing malicious code made in these public forums will result in immediate suspension of said forum account. If anyone has proof of such occurrences then email that information to me immediately and I will personally investigate the potential issue as we would take such an invasion of our user's experience very seriously.

I browse the site all day, 7 days a week. I have no ad blocking or popup blocking software or plugins installed with my IE browser. I never get a popup on the site and I never get a single "warning" from any of my scanning software. The site also rarely "hangs" while loading a page and the last time I remember that happening to me was over a month ago. And if a delay does occur it is in no way an indication that something malicious is going on. It simply means that there's a delay accessing that particular ad server at that particular time.

If so motivated, email me (not David) a screen shot of any popup ad you find to your disliking. Include your OS and browser in the email. They can only be investigated on a case-by-case basis. Without that information there is no way to identify the ad units that could be the cause.