[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great Day to Be a Mets Fan

SheikYerbuti

Don't get it. Added the premier closer in today's game and also made a deal for another stud closer? With Wagner available in a year? :wacko: Doesn't look like you had to give up much for Putz, but what are you doing with him? Is a setup guy really that important? Hmm, guess so, since y'all blew about 10 wins for Santana. Still, weird.

Don't get it. Added the premier closer in today's game and also made a deal for another stud closer? With Wagner available in a year? :wacko: Doesn't look like you had to give up much for Putz, but what are you doing with him? Is a setup guy really that important? Hmm, guess so, since y'all blew about 10 wins for Santana. Still, weird.

Makes great sense to me. Mets middle relief was putrid last year. What good is krod if the game gets blow before he gets a chance to close it.

Makes great sense to me. Mets middle relief was putrid last year. What good is krod if the game gets blow before he gets a chance to close it.

You're right, they did lose a lot of Santana's great efforts due to poor middle relief. Putz should be a pretty solid setup guy. I bet Santana was happy to see the K-Rod signing and maybe did a backflip or two after they landed Putz as well.

• 3 weeks later...