[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger Woods in bad car accident

i_am_the_swammi

at least now we'll get to see someone else swing a club on Sunday telecasts.

Yeah, it'll be 10 people watching Jim Furyk battle Jesper Parnevik at -5 when everyone knows Tiger would've been -14 and millions would've been watching.

Golf will return to a niche sport. The pros know exactly why their purses were so big and there was actually a Golf TV.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it'll be 10 people watching

not likely. Look, as I've posted here before Tiger's the best golfer I'll ever see. I know this. I have a TON of respect for him as a golfer. However, I'm sick of watching tournaments and seeing noone other than Tiger swing a club. Even when watching sportscenter when Tiger does'nt win, you still see more shots of his than any other golfer. I'm a fan of Tiger's but I'm also a fan of golf.

not likely. Look, as I've posted here before Tiger's the best golfer I'll ever see. I know this. I have a TON of respect for him as a golfer. However, I'm sick of watching tournaments and seeing noone other than Tiger swing a club. Even when watching sportscenter when Tiger does'nt win, you still see more shots of his than any other golfer. I'm a fan of Tiger's but I'm also a fan of golf.

Ratings on golf events without Tiger are much lower than ones with him. Yes, true golf fans might be sick of him but millions of people will tune in if he's playing and just simply don't care if he's not.

Why does anyone care? People have idealized him in the same way as Obama because he isn't 100% white. he's an athlete no different than Wilt Chamberlain, Travis Henry, or countless others. Get over it.

Why does anyone care? People have idealized him in the same way as Obama because he isn't 100% white. he's an athlete no different than Wilt Chamberlain, Travis Henry, or countless others. Get over it.

racist.

cmon - anyone who thinks he won't be back making zillions and the world forgetting this whole thing as if it never even happened in fairly short order is incredibly deluded. When you're a sports figure, winning is everything and people will forgive anything.

racist.

cmon - anyone who thinks he won't be back making zillions and the world forgetting this whole thing as if it never even happened in fairly short order is incredibly deluded. When you're a sports figure, winning is everything and people will forgive anything.

I don't know - he's losing sponsors now. Now a doc that treated him is being investigated for administering performance enhancing drugs to other athletes.

racist.

are you serious ?

we all know Tiger is well beyond secure financially for life ( and that includes even if he lives to be 184 years old ) but do not think that he does not take a serious hit from the companies he was the spokesperson for and or from losing endorsement money ...he will lose it and not recover it that quickly

he will lose it and not recover it that quickly

+1 here.

I was watching an interview on some newsie channel, and they said while his actions weren't criminal, to marketers and their target audience, what he did (seriel adulterer) was perhaps worse...it was a crime of morale pergatory.

Many feel he will have little to no marketing power for comsumer products...a huge hit financially to Woods.

It is funny, in a way, that 90% of them were blonds (cept for that skanky looking pancake house waitress and that chick from NY), and IMHO...none look as good as his wife.

Now I'm reading he had a blond cougar! :wacko: How did this guy have time to play golf?

So the tally is now ~13? When it hits 18 I'll be busting a gut.

It is funny, in a way, that 90% of them were blonds (cept for that skanky looking pancake house waitress and that chick from NY), and IMHO...none look as good as his wife.

Now I'm reading he had a blond cougar! :wacko: How did this guy have time to play golf?

So the tally is now ~13? When it hits 18 I'll be busting a gut.

The tally is at least 100. Of those made public, probably a handful will have been legit, the rest bogus, and there will be dozens more we'll never know about.

The tally is at least 100. Of those made public, probably a handful will have been legit, the rest bogus, and there will be dozens more we'll never know about.

My point was "18 holes!". :wacko: He played a round "On the side!". What a jackass!

Are there more than 18.....prolly!

Word to the wise:

Don't use your dick as a compass! :D

This saddens me. I was hoping their marriage would stay together.

Sarcasm, doc? :wacko:

The way I see it, there was something he needed that he wasnt getting at home. He's better off not being married and Elin is damn sure better off not being married as the trust level has to be shattered beyond repair. I see no way she could ever feel comfortable trusting him again knowing what he's done and that his job has him travelling so much of the time. And for those who though she should force him to quit golf and stay by her side 24x7...you're talking about taking away two things he's obviously passionate about and putting him in a "place" that leaves him wanting more. Yeah, he'd be fun to live with. That would work :D

With regard to the number of women coming forward, I can see why some of them are. They were a fling and now they are looking for their 15 mins and maybe a payday. The ones I dont get are the ones who were basically working as pimps for him(as the stories go). Seems to me these women have put themselves right out of the business of dealing with big $ clients by running their mouthes. I am sure discretion is as big a requirement as a nice ass for some of these big celebs/athletes/politicians/etc that are partying with these ladies. Once they can no longer be trusted to keep secrets, game over.

Edited by Delicious_bass

Sarcasm, doc? :wacko:

No. I was thinking of their kids. Tiger grew up in a stable household with loving parents, and now Tiger's kids will be involved in a divorce with all the traumatic emotional stuff that kids in that situation go through. I know children of divorce can still end up okay, but I'm still sad for them.

No. I was thinking of their kids. Tiger grew up in a stable household with loving parents, and now Tiger's kids will be involved in a divorce with all the traumatic emotional stuff that kids in that situation go through. I know children of divorce can still end up okay, but I'm still sad for them.

I don't disagree, but I couldn't imagine staying with my wife if she was a compulsive cheater and had a job where she traveled most of the year. I would assume that the world would look at me as a chump, and I don't see how I could ever 100% trust her again.

Keeping a stable relationship for the sake of the kids is a noble effort, but not when it means sacrificing your own dignity and sanity.

What about the trauma of living with two parents that do nothing but fight and resent each other, though?

My parents divorced when I was young and it ended being for the best by far. I lived with mom and saw my dad often as he made the effort to be around as much as he could. Their relationship improved by being apart and I no longer had to watch/listen to them fight all the time. Just one man's experience...

I don't disagree, but I couldn't imagine staying with my wife if she was a compulsive cheater and had a job where she traveled most of the year. I would assume that the world would look at me as a chump, and I don't see how I could ever 100% trust her again.

Keeping a stable relationship for the sake of the kids is a noble effort, but not when it means sacrificing your own dignity and sanity.

Well said.

I think too often people try to stick it out for the sake of the kids(which is noble enough) but sometimes all they're really doing is subjecting the kids to a different kind of heartache as they're watching their parents be nasty to each other. When trust is shattered and a relationship is damaged beyond repair, best thing to do is split up and try to make the best of it from there.