[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hightower

skinsfan827

Yeah Benson was just sentenced to 20 days in jail too, guess he's spending the bye week with Bubba.

Thats a nice little break for him in the middle of the season. I'd still take him over Hightower. :wacko:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a nice little break for him in the middle of the season. I'd still take him over Hightower. :tup:

Yeah last year he had 7 fumbles and 3.5 YPC plus he's a criminal and plays for one of the worst teams in the league.....what's not to like about him :wacko:

Exceptional Brent,

I should drop this but I can't....

I'm not going to try and convince you that I know what I'm doing. I see what you're saying and it makes logical sense but all I can say is I know what I'm doing and my method how I gain my edge. Being great at anything requires understanding yourself and understanding how to make the most of your own ability. Nobody else can do that for you.

Am I better at forecasting ff players than DMD? I think DMD probably doesn't publish his 'true' rankings. Regardless, it's a ridiculous question to ask someone and I would never give you the pleasure of answering it. DMD is the man and is great at what he does and what he excels at the most, imo, is his statistical analysis and creativity. We both have hits and misses like you said. Eeven the best FF prognosticators have years of ups and downs.

I still can't believe I came in 2nd place in 2008. Here is my starting roster (sick). PPR league with favorable TE scoring and double points for non-traditional TDs. Also bonus points for every 20 yards of TD:

Jake Delhomme (Sucked)

Adrian Peterson (9th best RB, 15th best non-QB skill player)

Chris Johnson (10th best RB, 21st best non-QB skill player)

Larry Fitzgerald (2nd best WR, 5th best non-QB skill player)

Roddy White (4th best WR, 16th best non-QB skill player)

Antonio Bryant (7th best WR, 19th best non-QB skill player)

Vincent Jackson (20th best WR, 44th best non-QB skill player)

Antonio Gates (6th best TE, 30th best non-QB skill player)

David Akers (3rd best PK)

Eagles (#1 DEF)

All valid points, rattass just throws out statements and can't back any of them up so it's nice to see real football knowledge. I understand the concerns on Hightower but Rattsass said he has "nothing but downside" and I couldn't disagree more. He is definitely worth a shot ahead of Addai and Benson IMO and has way bigger upside than both of those guys. I drafted him as my #3 RB and plan to use him as my primary flex player. The trade argument can go both ways, why would Shanahan trade for him if he was sold on the other backs? Clearly he is going to give Timmy H every chance to succeed this year so it is worth the gamble if you can get him at a decent price.

:wacko:

You all go ahead and keep counting on a Shanahan back to be a bellcow. If I learned anything about Shanny in the last 5+ years its that he jerks around his Rbs more than a teenage boy with a new Playboy

Brentastic- Just curious, have you ever tested your prowess in the high-stakes public leagues? And if so have you ever won one?

If not, why wouldn't you maximize your potential and show the industry what you are made of instead of toiling in these private leagues in relative obscurity?

Edited by rattsass

I'm not going to try and convince you that I know what I'm doing. I see what you're saying and it makes logical sense but all I can say is I know what I'm doing and my method how I gain my edge. Being great at anything requires understanding yourself and understanding how to make the most of your own ability. Nobody else can do that for you.

Am I better at forecasting ff players than DMD? I think DMD probably doesn't publish his 'true' rankings. Regardless, it's a ridiculous question to ask someone and I would never give you the pleasure of answering it. DMD is the man and is great at what he does and what he excels at the most, imo, is his statistical analysis and creativity. We both have hits and misses like you said. Eeven the best FF prognosticators have years of ups and downs.

I still can't believe I came in 2nd place in 2008. Here is my starting roster (sick). PPR league with favorable TE scoring and double points for non-traditional TDs. Also bonus points for every 20 yards of TD:

Jake Delhomme (Sucked)

Adrian Peterson (9th best RB, 15th best non-QB skill player)

Chris Johnson (10th best RB, 21st best non-QB skill player)

Larry Fitzgerald (2nd best WR, 5th best non-QB skill player)

Roddy White (4th best WR, 16th best non-QB skill player)

Antonio Bryant (7th best WR, 19th best non-QB skill player)

Vincent Jackson (20th best WR, 44th best non-QB skill player)

Antonio Gates (6th best TE, 30th best non-QB skill player)

David Akers (3rd best PK)

Eagles (#1 DEF)

So, you said you took Fitz 1 and Roddy White 2. Where did you take AP? I understand getting CJ2K late because that was his rookie year. None the less, if I had the genius level of forecasting you did, I would take advantage of that and grab a stud QB early because I knew I'd be able to mine the middle rounds for studs like Roddy White. Then I wouldn't be stuck with Jake Delhomme

Wow, people are REALLY gettting pumped about this guy. They would lay down their lives for Hightower if necessary to defend his honor.

I've been wrong plenty, but I can't imagine I will ever be crucified for advising against drafting Hightower in the 4th round, regardless of what history unfurls before us this season.

This ain't my first rodeo whyme.

:tup:

10-to-1 Washington signs Tashard Choice when Dallas cuts him. I can't wait. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt it. You were either sold on draft day on Hightower, or you weren't.

I doubt 75 yards and a TD are going to be reason for buyers to overpay for him. Give it a couple more weeks.

Agreed. Here are guys that you should be able to sell as high or higher given their week 1 numbers:

Fred Jackson

Cadillac

Ben Tate

Cedric Benson

Jahvid Best

• 4 weeks later...
not much talk in this thread about ryan torain. to me that's the biggest question out there with regard to hightower. he is close to coming back from his hand injury, and yeah he has had the injury bug (understatement), but he has shown himself to be very capable in the shanahan running game. admittedly I have not been following the situation very closely, but it seems to me a complete crap shoot (throw in helu as well) to try and figure out where the carries ultimately go. some nice work in preseason games really does not answer that question to my satisfaction, esepcially when shanahan has shown such a propensity to switch horses so often. chances are good hightower takes the first snap in the firsr game, but beyond that? hey, good luck pretending you know how that's gonna turn out.

as a result, I'm much more likely to grab torain in the 11th or 12th and let some preseason hype glutton draft hightower in the 4th.

:wacko:

Hightower was pulled because he was dinged last week, and wasn't needed in the 2nd half because they had a capable back-up who was performing better than the starter...its happened countless times with countless other head coaches. Week 6, with Hightower healthy, will be much more representative of what's in store going forward.

My gut says he still starts Hightower every week...but Torain has certainly earned 7-10 totes per game....similar in fashion to the way Tolbert, M. Bush, PT, and other complementary RBs continue to support the lead carrier. As the game wears on, you go with the RB that's having more success against the defense.

Doesn't sound like any kind of Shanahaniganc...sounds like smart football :wacko:

Hightower was pulled because he was dinged last week, and wasn't needed in the 2nd half because they had a capable back-up who was performing better than the starter...its happened countless times with countless other head coaches. Week 6, with Hightower healthy, will be much more representative of what's in store going forward.

My gut says he still starts Hightower every week...but Torain has certainly earned 7-10 totes per game....similar in fashion to the way Tolbert, M. Bush, PT, and other complementary RBs continue to support the lead carrier. As the game wears on, you go with the RB that's having more success against the defense.

Doesn't sound like any kind of Shanahaniganc...sounds like smart football :wacko:

denial...

ST. LOUIS — Ryan Torain finally heard the words he had been longing for all season long.

The Washington Redskins running back got the news from position coach Bobby Turner midway through the second quarter Sunday.

“He came over to me and said, ‘Get warm, get ready, you’re going in,’ ” Torain recalled.

The 6-foot-1, 218-pounder took it from there.

Torain rushed for 135 yards on 19 carries and scored on a 20-yard run in the second quarter to help the Redskins to a 17-10 win.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan was impressed with Torain’s intensity.

“He looked like he was [playing] at a different level,” said Shanahan. “Like he was possessed, breaking tackles and making plays.”

Torain entered the game midway through the second quarter and immediately zipped over left tackle for a 7-yard gain. On the next play, Torain scampered outside, turned the corner and outran a trio of defenders 20 yards into the end zone.

“It was great to see him running like that,” said left tackle Trent Williams, who made key blocks on both runs. “He was really getting it done out there.”

Torain was slowed by a broken left hand in the preseason. The injury pushed him to the back of a crowded running back race behind Tim Hightower and Roy Helu, who combined for 75 of the Redskins‘ 83 carries over the first three weeks.

But when Hightower struggled with just 22 yards on seven carries over the first four possessions Sunday, Shanahan put the call out to Torain.

“Tim looked like he was a little banged up,” Shanahan said.

The strong performance now gives Shanahan several options at running back with Torain as a potential starter.

Torain thinks his performance against the Rams should make him a candidate for the featured back slot.

“That’s up to the coaches,” said Torain. “I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing.”

Shanahan isn’t ready to name Torain the starter just yet. But he is considering the move.

“The good thing is we got three guys at running back, and they all can play,” he said.

smart football, sure, but definitely shanahanigans if you're talking FF. which of course is what all the hightower doubters were saying pre-season. going forward, who the hell knows, but that was EXACTLY our point all along. would you still spend a 4th round pick on hightower? nuff said.

Edited by Azazello1313

I'm just here to keep people from driving off a cliff. But some people have blinders on and their foot jammed to the floorboard. Please, draft him with my blessings. Gods speed to you.

oooooh staff writer, so that means he knows everything?

Yes. :wacko:

Captain O'Hagan: I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shanahanigans."

Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy taco on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Farva: You mean Shanahanigans?

Mac: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thorny: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

[as they hand the Captain their pistols]

From what I remember last year it was Portis as the feature back until he got hurt, and Torain took over. Then it was Torain as the feature back until he got hurt, and Williams (and whoever else) took over. Torain got healthy again and regained his role in the offense. I don't know a team in the NFL who would have approached that situation any different. This year Hightower capitalized on a strong pre-season, his durability (he's never missed an NFL game), and an injury to Torain. The same hapened this past week with Torain getting some time on the field. This RB "carousel" seems more circumstantial than simply being the product of "Shanahanigans". That's not to say there is or will be a clear cut #1 the rest of the way, but I believe Shanahan would prefer a single every down back that could handle the workload and be effective. He just has not found that player over the past decade.

You can't win fantasy leagues by following ADP exclusively. Like usual, I will be loading up on WRs in the first 2-3 rounds and then looking for value in Hightower and DeAngelo later in the draft. My only challenge now is trying to predict what round I can guarantee both of these guys will end up on my roster.

I'm curious Brent, how is that locked into positional strategy and locked into the aforementioned RBs players strategy working out for you so far this year?

Maybe you could have picked up a Matt Forte to go with a Darren McFadden and then got a Steve Smith later in the draft?

Maybe you could have got a Fred Jackson to go with a Ray Rice or ADP instead of a Tim Hightower and Danny Woodhead?

Maybe there are guys like Steve Johnson and Eric Decker that represent great late value and don't happen to be RBs?

Edited by bushwacked