[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hightower

skinsfan827

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanahan always wanted one good back to run the show. While TD was there, he was the work horse back and there was no-one else even close. No RBBC at all. As soon as TD goes down, he has no choice but to put in whose left. He did this for a couple of years due to injuries and that's where Anderson and Gary came from. Again, he didn't just switch out RB's because he felt like it, he had no choice. He loves running the football and will do everything he can to stick with one back unless he has to make a change. The issue in Washington is the Oline. Are they good enough to handle a heavy run load. I have no idea if they are or not. If they are good enough, then it looks like Hightower will be the go to guy. If he's available in the 10th or later, then I'd gladly take a chance on him. Great upside value again if the Oline is good enough.

When's the last time Shanahan really let the horse run all year? And Hightower's huddle is full of future Arena-Leaguers anyway, just what are we expecting? I won't touch a Redskins RB unless he's dirt cheap - and he rarely is because of this very Shanahan-in-Denver hype that people still fuel.

I think if Shanahan found a guy who he felt was getting it done, he would (let the horse run all year). He just hasn't found that guy. And how is the Shanahan in Denver hype any different than any other coach getting hyped? People are talking about Sam Bradford as a possible breakout player because of McDaniels' offense. People are talking about Greg Olsen being a good value because of the TE friendly offense that Rob Chudzinski runs. Shanahan had a great run in Denver getting relative no-name RBs on the map because of his offensive scheme / play calling (and the right personnel of course). And Ryan Torain probably would be that guy if he could just stay healthy. In his last six complete games with Washington last season, Torain established himself as the primary RB, averaging just over 20 touches and nearly 110 total yards per game. Admittedly, it's a pretty small sample size, but it does show the fact that value can be had at RB in Washington. You just need to find the right guy. I'd rather take a chance on Hightower in the 8th-10th round than drafting someone else with a similar ADP who needs an injury ahead of him on the depth chart to have real value (i.e. James Starks, Michael Bush). At least Hightower is the starter and will get the opportunity. :wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

Unlike alot of folks I think Hightower is a above average running back. Great blocker, Great receiver. Tough and can get short yards. Has some speed and some moves. Is he Ad or FOster . Ofcourse not but hes a good Rb . I had both Hightower and Wells the last 2 years and I always thought Hightower was the better back . My only issue is the Rat but I like what I see so far from Hightower in the preseason to make a move on him round 8 and up as my #3 RB. I honestly think if he does not fumble away the job he can be this years suprise , mid round steal ala Arian Foster . Shanahan has made no talent backs like into #1 backs.

Edited by damageinc

I And Ryan Torain probably would be that guy if he could just stay healthy. :wacko:

That won't happen, but dont worry your little heart. Tim Hightower will be the workhorse this year. Those of you who are in dynasty leagues: Roy Helu will be the workhorse next year. :tup:

"Gulp, I’m starting to chew on the Shanahan RB Jerky despite my better judgment."

I was on a teleconference when I caught that comment. Almost spit coffee all over my monitor. Had to hit the mute button!

Would you rather hear about Julius Jones, I mean Felix Jones?

I think there's value in the Skins backfield, but I'm also a Skins homer. In regard to all the Helu hype, I'd like to point out that it was just a couple of weeks ago that Helu was getting bad-mouthed by Skins coaches for not picking up the playbook quick enough, especially his blocking responsibilities. And Hightower's "all-aroundness" (running, catching, blocking, not getting hurt) is what Shanny loves so much about him.

Also, let's not forget how "awesome" Evan Royster looked when they played the Steelers, which got people wondering why Helu wasn't the rookie getting first shot to shine. But Helu has a 50-yd run and cracks 100 yds on the Colts' backups, and suddenly all the love is back. (For the record, I don't dislike Helu; I just think Hightower's going to carry the biggest load this season).

Shanny knows Torain can't handle a full season, while Hightower's never missed a game in his career, and Shanny wanted a dependable RB to use for a FULL season until he can identify the Skins' next franchise back. So he's using the preseason to see if Helu and Royster are worth keeping for the future and thus working them into some games this season....bring them along slowly, especially since they didn't have OTAs and have the normal time to learn the playbook.

I think Hightower's the guy to grab, and could possibly end up being a quality RB2, depending on opponent.

Ok, just stop it already, Timmy Hightower :tup:

I have him in 2 leagues and I want him in all 5 but these pre-season performances by him are ruining the value I was hoping to get. Me thinks the Redskins are going to be one of those teams who get over-looked by fantasy owners. I wonder where Hightower's real ADP is now :wacko:

I love the Redskins, but if folks think this is going to be a good offense, they've been drinking too much or not enough.

Hightower with RB1 numbers? No chance. None. Zero. The redskins fundamentally do not have the talent around him, or anyone in that spot, to make that a believable projection.

I love the Redskins, but if folks think this is going to be a good offense, they've been drinking too much or not enough.

Hightower with RB1 numbers? No chance. None. Zero. The redskins fundamentally do not have the talent around him, or anyone in that spot, to make that a believable projection.

I totally disagree and I'll prove it to you in LLD :wacko:

I totally disagree and I'll prove it to you in LLD :wacko:

I have to agree with D here. With no to little threat from their QB, denfenses will stack the line and knock the hell out of TH which we all know what that leads too, fumbles. And we all know what happens to players who fumble on Shanahan offenses.

Maybe I was being overly optomistic with RB1 but he is no fluke and I think just needed a chance to start (not share time with Beanie etc) . I cant say it was pre season against bad defenses. it was the #1 starters for what most people consider the top 2 run defenses in football, Steelers and Baltimore. He should put up good numbers against the average run defenses. Hes no fluke. The Redskins offensive line is no fluke. But yes the fumbles have to concern you but so far thats not a issue after 3 pre season games. And the ravens and steelers were stacking the line and Hightower made some great moves and got some great blocks. high end RB2.

Edited by damageinc

From USATODAY

The Redskins' dominant ground attack can no longer be considered a fluke after three games, two coming against the bruising Steelers and Ravens. The starting offensive line has been intact every day of training camp, and the cohesion is evident in coach Mike Shanahan's trademark zone-blocking scheme. Hightower's highlight was a 37-yard cutback touchdown run. Now up to 170 yards on 25 preseason carries (6.8 YPC), Hightower is solidifying a RB2 grade heading into an important fantasy draft weekend.Aug. 25 - 11:43 p.m. ET

I have to agree with D here. With no to little threat from their QB, denfenses will stack the line and knock the hell out of TH which we all know what that leads too, fumbles. And we all know what happens to players who fumble on Shanahan offenses.

Man, now you're going to make me prove it to you too in LLD :wacko:

E2A: I think John Beck is going to surprise people. I think the Redskins offense in general is going to surprise people. Grab Anthony Armstrong in the late rounds of your drafts, folks. He's going to put up quality numbers for a pick in the teens (round).

Edited by Brentastic

Some of you need to hit pause for just a minute;

As they were talking about on the Colin Cowherd show today, Shanahan is basically trying to win preseason games while he decides which one of these slug QBs can best run his offense. His approach to the preseason has been different than his opponents. Few teams are showing their hands in the preseason but the 'Skins definitely are. I have always thought Hightower was a decent player but the hype produced by these preseason games is unseemly. I say we'll see a decidedly different looking product during the regular season when DC's bring the heat. Hightower's value is way too high right now in redrafts.

Wisconsin joke: Come smell our dairy air.

Thank god the wind usually comes out of the west :wacko:

Some of you need to hit pause for just a minute;

As they were talking about on the Colin Cowherd show today, Shanahan is basically trying to win preseason games while he decides which one of these slug QBs can best run his offense. His approach to the preseason has been different than his opponents. Few teams are showing their hands in the preseason but the 'Skins definitely are. I have always thought Hightower was a decent player but the hype produced by these preseason games is unseemly. I say we'll see a decidedly different looking product during the regular season when DC's bring the heat. Hightower's value is way too high right now in redrafts.

+1