[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2013 FAs

BeeR

PS I "knew" the Bills committing to Fitz the other year was stupid, but still surprised they ditched him. Geno Smith is a near lock IMO unless someone else grabs him first - and I think the GM is dumb enough to overpay to move up to ensure it. That said, I'm a bigger believer in Smith than many seem to be right now - just wouldn't overpay.

Edited by BeeR
  • Like 1

Anyone have the lowdown on the Colt signings, other than Chesteiluiuliuis? I'm not one of those who thinks teams have to or even necessarily should make a big splash in the FA market, just don't know much about em. Any homers of former teams know? TIA

Ok before I go I'll give you the rundown:

OT Gosder Cherilus, DB Greg Toler, LB Erik Walden, OG Donald Thomas LB Lawrence Sidbury.

• Like 1

PS I "knew" the Bills committing to Fitz the other year was stupid, but still surprised they ditched him. Geno Smith is a near lock IMO unless someone else grabs him first - and I think the GM is dumb enough to overpay to move up to ensure it. That said, I'm a bigger believer in Smith than many seem to be right now - just wouldn't overpay.

The release is putting speculation that the Bills will trade up with KC for the 1.1 and select G.Smith.

Ok before I go I'll give you the rundown:

OT Gosder Cherilus, DB Greg Toler, LB Erik Walden, OG Donald Thomas LB Lawrence Sidbury.

I think he meant, are they worthwhile players or do they suck? Living here and watching Toler, I can say he sucks. If he was only picked up to be depth or a nickel corner, then thats one thing (but they just let go of Powers who was an identical type of player).

Walden - he's been cut by several other teams already, although he did start all but one game for the Pack last season.

I know nothing about the other 3, other than reports I've been reading about Cherilus stating he's a hell of a pass blocker (one of the tops in the league) but a horrible run blocker.

I think he meant, are they worthwhile players or do they suck? Living here and watching Toler, I can say he sucks. If he was only picked up to be depth or a nickel corner, then thats one thing (but they just let go of Powers who was an identical type of player).

Walden - he's been cut by several other teams already, although he did start all but one game for the Pack last season.

I know nothing about the other 3, other than reports I've been reading about Cherilus stating he's a hell of a pass blocker (one of the tops in the league) but a horrible run blocker.

That doesnt tell everything about Walden. He is a decent OLB in a 3-4, but is a liability in coverage. He is very solid at the point of attch against the run, and has flashes as a dominating pass rusher, especially with power moves. He was key in the Super Bowl run for the Packers a few years ago.

He does have legal issues, and was suspended a few games by the NFL. He is terrible in coverage, and can be fooled by misdirection (see run option).

He certianly is overpaid now, but a decent mid level effort player

Patriots did the exact same thing in 2001 and it gave them a Lombardi Trophy..just say'n

So did everyone else, pretty much.

Re the Colts moves, I was looking for info on each player if possible. Thx for this much so far, hell I never heard of most

what do you want to know?

ETA: I can give you a run down but I think Steve will do much better than I. I'll try for you though

Edited by tazinib1

Raiders release Heywerd-Bey

What do the following players have in common?

Michael Crabtree,

Jeremy Maclin,

Percy Harvin,

Hakeem Nicks,

Kenny Britt, &

Mike Wallace

Al Davis passed up on ALL these WR's to draft DHB... :crazy:

Edited by Shorttynaz

WOW what a great prediction!! :rofl:

Dude . . .NO ONE thought Hayward bey was a good pick except for Al davis. Way to put yourself out there with a bold pick amigo . . :lol:

Thank you...and way to put yourself out there with a bold prediction. Oh wait you never have one. Instead of riding my coat-tails and posting Twitter League chives, it would be nice to hear something substantial. No? I get it...

Edited by tazinib1

Thank you...and way to put yourself out there with a bold prediction. Oh wait you never have one. Instead of riding my coat-tails and posting Twitter League chives, it would be nice to hear something substantial. No? I get it...

Christ Harris, lets not start a holy war!

.. at least in this thread! :)

it would be nice to hear something substantial. No? I get it...

you mean like this?

That doesnt tell everything about Walden. He is a decent OLB in a 3-4, but is a liability in coverage. He is very solid at the point of attch against the run, and has flashes as a dominating pass rusher, especially with power moves. He was key in the Super Bowl run for the Packers a few years ago.

He does have legal issues, and was suspended a few games by the NFL. He is terrible in coverage, and can be fooled by misdirection (see run option).

He certianly is overpaid now, but a decent mid level effort player