[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL 2013 FAs

BeeR

Thank you...and way to put yourself out there with a bold prediction. Oh wait you never have one. Instead of riding my coat-tails and posting Twitter League chives, it would be nice to hear something substantial. No? I get it...

I totally agree. So does Charlie Sheen, Deion Sanders and Mary Poppins.

However, Harry Carey, the green Lantern, Tom Sizemore and Arian Foster agree with me and think you are full of yerself and your ability to "read" tweets.

But we will see with my poll on twitter will turn up. Stay tuned . . .

Anyone have the lowdown on the Colt signings, other than Chesteiluiuliuis? I'm not one of those who thinks teams have to or even necessarily should make a big splash in the FA market, just don't know much about em. Any homers of former teams know? TIA

Try the FA tracker I posted yesterday http://espn.go.com/n...reeagency/index and select your team. That shows both sides (Colts who are FA and signings by the Colts).

The ESPN FA tracker doesn't provide a lot of info on the player, unless you are an ESPN insider. But they do have a grade which should give you an idea of the quality of the player.

Edited by stevegrab

The ESPN FA tracker doesn't provide a lot of info on the player, unless you are an ESPN insider.

Yeah that's why I'm asking here. :) Thx saw that, but as you say, it doesn't tell you much. I was hoping for more stuff like "he's got a good motor but injury prone" or "good vs the pass but getting old" or "lot of upside but a head case" - stuff like that.

On another angle, how are FAs impacting team's drafts? With the Colts it means nuts to OT, now they hope for a top OG to fall - if not, they should do DL, IMO. Don't know why so many think they should go CB. It's a need, but not as bad as the DL.

Yeah that's why I'm asking here. :) Thx saw that, but as you say, it doesn't tell you much. I was hoping for more stuff like "he's got a good motor but injury prone" or "good vs the pass but getting old" or "lot of upside but a head case" - stuff like that.

On another angle, how are FAs impacting team's drafts? With the Colts it means nuts to OT, now they hope for a top OG to fall - if not, they should do DL, IMO. Don't know why so many think they should go CB. It's a need, but not as bad as the DL.

One question, and maybe it's not so obvious. Is Google blocked on your computer? That's the same way the rest of us find out about players we've never heard of before..

Chargers need to jump into this fight as well.

Chargers like most other teams sitting back (Packers, Patriots, Saints, etc.) are waiting for the overhyped, overpaid players are out of the way. Teams are essentially paying above full price for these players yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow - but wait - this weekend, teams like the Patriots and Saints will then step in and start filling holes on quality players for discounted rates..

I'll admit, as a Colts fan I wanna see them make a big splash for a big name FA, but at the same time I want them to be smart about it and not just go name shopping - kind of like the Dolphins are doing.

Edited by Shorttynaz

An interesting point in today's paper, Grigson was on the staff with the Eagles that signed the "Dream Team". How'd that work out?

He said he was more interested in getting quality players than big names. We'll see how it works out.

Chiefs sign Donnie Avery...interesting

Can't imagine why frankly. Avery might still be able to stretch the field a little, but he is not at all a reliable target. That said, Colts are again in need here since Collie makes Fred Taylor look tough and there's little past Wayne (who is freakin old) and Hilton. I wonder if any FA WR is worth a look for a modest price?

Edited by BeeR
  • Like 1

Can't imagine why frankly. Avery might still be able to stretch the field a little, but he is not at all a reliable target. That said, Colts are again in need here since Collie makes Fred Taylor look tough and there's little past Wayne (who is freakin old) and Hilton. I wonder if any FA WR is worth a look for a modest price?

There are still some quality FA WR's on the market. My guess is they will wait and address it next week in the secondary market and/or the draft.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms there's a "good chance" the Packers would ask Finley to take a pay cut or release him if they re-signed Jennings. Finley is nervous because NFL cap money is being spent left and right, and his market could be weak if he didn't hit free agency for another week, or maybe more. The Packers don't owe Finley a dime until his March 27 $3 million roster bonus.

source - The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal

Interesting stuff right there.