[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs CIN

BeeR

What business does the inside linebacker coach have on the field when a WR is injured. None at all, period. He is neither part of the medical staff nor is he even a position coach for the offense. In addition, EVEN IF he was given permission to be on the field, which I seriously doubt, he had no business at all getting in the Bengals defensive huddle.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10743904/steelers-bengals-joey-porter-foul

Might want to read that link again. He was in the middle of the field talking to an official. Bengals players started to join in. He was not "in the Bengals defensive huddle". Edited by CaptainHook

it says he inserted himself into a group of Bengals players right in the link :lol:

"As Brown was being led off the field by said trainers, Porter lingered in the middle of the field and chattered with an official and some Bengals."

:crazy:

So during the play stoppage for injury, he goes out on the field. Right or wrong, the officials allowed him to be out there. He starts talking to an official and Bengals join in. Then more. Burfict grabs a fistful of Porter's jacket. Gilberry comes in and bumps him. He starts to back away, not saying a word, and Jones pushes through and official to get to him.

Seriously, what am I missing?

Edited by CaptainHook

Hook doesn't really watch football. But he does play fantasy football and collect football cards.

Interesting that the officials saw it the same way I did. They didn't see it like a bunch of sofa refs from their mom's basement.

Edited by CaptainHook

Interesting that the officials saw it the same way I did. They didn't see it like a bunch of sofa refs from their mom's basement.

And it's funny how the league saw it the way we did, acknowledging the refs screwed up.

• Like 1

"As Brown was being led off the field by said trainers, Porter lingered in the middle of the field and chattered with an official and some Bengals."

So during the play stoppage for injury, he goes out on the field. Right or wrong, the officials allowed him to be out there. He starts talking to an official and Bengals join in. Then more. Burfict grabs a fistful of Porter's jacket. Gilberry comes in and bumps him. He starts to back away, not saying a word, and Jones pushes through and official to get to him.

Funny you omitted the rest of it. Right after the sentence you cherry-picked is a quote from the rulebook showing why he shouldn't have been on the field at all and then the below quote:

Not even head coaches are allowed on the field.

Porter is not a trainer for the Steelers, he's a linebackers coach. Is it possible Porter obtained permission from an official to come onto the field in a heated game between two rivals? Unlikely.

If he did get permission, there should be big questions about that too. He's not a trainer, and it was the Steelers offense that was on the field, not the defense. So why would a defensive coach and former player like Porter, in a heated game like that, be allowed on the field?

Beyond Porter's presence on the field, his insertion into a huddle of Bengals players was totally inappropriate.

La Canfora reports that, according to league sources, assistant coaches are not allowed on the field during an injury timeout. Medical staff, trainers, attendants and the head coach can come out to see to the welfare of the player. With an injury that appears to be more serious, however, you will see players and other staff out on the field at times to check on player.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25444526/report-joey-porter-facing-fine-for-saturday-nights-bengals-steelers-game

Tell me you haven't seen this happen. Bengals were just dumb enough to get in a shoving match with someone. And we only have the one video of what happened. I never saw Porter say a word or be aggressive in any way. Is it possible that was missed by TV cameras? Yes. But you guys are attributing actions to Porter you did not see.

Like I said, I sure would like to see video of all of the Bengals staff and players when Gio went down. I'm sure they all just stood there with their hands in their pockets.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

what are you missing? The part rajn quoted where he "inserted himself into a huddle of Bengals players". THAT PART. Wow...

Bahaahahaha! I knew more video would surface during the week. Look at Joey in the Bengals defensive huddle. Oh wait . . .

Look at all the Bengals coaches out on the field! :lol:

My Pop Werner ref skills on full display. Exactly like I called it.

Edited by CaptainHook

Late in the third quarter, after Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier injured Bengals running back Gio Bernard on a hit that probably should have been penalized but wasn't, Bengals players -- and coaches -- left the sidelines, to first to check on Bernard and then to calm tempers after some Bengals players took issue with several Steelers celebrating while Bernard remained down.

LOVE THAT PIC TOO of 9 Bengals coaches on the field!

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Late in the third quarter, after Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier injured Bengals running back Gio Bernard on a hit that probably should have been penalized but wasn't, Bengals players -- and coaches -- left the sidelines, to first to check on Bernard and then to calm tempers after some Bengals players took issue with several Steelers celebrating while Bernard remained down.

LOVE THAT PIC TOO

BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thinking: