[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs CIN

BeeR

Deangelo should be back as well. I'm certain AB will be "cleared" to play.. Not sure what makes u assume a Steelers loss especially with a win already under their belt. Did Peyton's arm become anything stronger than a fully cooked Mr noodles package or has he recently become Mr clutch in the playoffs ? am I missing something

If his shoulder injury turns out to be minor and he's 80-100% come gameday, that changes things. But if Roeth is obviously not himself, there's no way they win IMO. I don't think their defense will do them many favors (similar to their last meeting), so the Pitt offense will need to be firing on all cylinders as well.

Link?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWOFVvEjq2/

EDIT: I think there was a previous video, probably much less tactful, that he took down. Had it attached to this tweet:

This BS , so coaching come stand on the field and talk manure !! Not even a head coach
Edited by bud29

“If Marvin Lewis can’t control his players, then maybe Marvin shouldn’t be on the sidelines coaching that dreck,” former Bengals quarterback and CBS analyst Boomer Esiason said after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/could-out-of-control-players-prompt-bengals-to-make-coaching-change/

In other news, this game really killed my aspirations in the smackbowl. Was really banking on KC and NE meeting up in the AFC title game, not the divisional round... :tdown:

Edited by bud29

If his shoulder injury turns out to be minor and he's 80-100% come gameday, that changes things. But if Roeth is obviously not himself, there's no way they win IMO. I don't think their defense will do them many favors (similar to their last meeting), so the Pitt offense will need to be firing on all cylinders as well.

Oh if Ben can't go, Steelers have no chance at all. But I'm pretty sure he'll be fine to start the game...but give him a few hits and who knows. Landry Jones looks like a scared child dropping back in the pocket.

Edited by footballmike93079

“If Marvin Lewis can’t control his players, then maybe Marvin shouldn’t be on the sidelines coaching that dreck,” former Bengals quarterback and CBS analyst Boomer Esiason said after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/could-out-of-control-players-prompt-bengals-to-make-coaching-change/

That's a very fair assessment in my opinion. Quite frankly I'm surprised he's made this far in Cincinnati. He should have been booted a while back.

Certainly Lewis bears some blame, but these players are grown ass men. It isn't like they have shock collars on and the coach holds the control. It's easy to say in hindsight that he could have benched them, but how are you going to bench the guy who has made multiple big time clutch plays to keep you in such a hard fought crazy game.

The blame has to fall mostly on the players committing the penalties.

• Like 1

Certainly Lewis bears some blame, but these players are grown ass men. It isn't like they have shock collars on and the coach holds the control. It's easy to say in hindsight that he could have benched them, but how are you going to bench the guy who has made multiple big time clutch plays to keep you in such a hard fought crazy game.

The blame has to fall mostly on the players committing the penalties.

This game is only a small piece to Lewis' underachieving career. In his 13 years of coaching, he has never won the playoff game. He has been given some of the most gifted players during his coaching career but he still can't get it done. Sure some guys like Pacman and Burfect act up, but that just stems from the fact that the players don't respect the organization. If they did, they would not represent the organization like they did this evening. Something needs to change. If Marty Schottenhiemer got the axe, then it's long overdue for Lewis Edited by footballmike93079

You do realize that the Steelers were charged with more penalties/penalty yardage than the Bengals lol

My minor skin in the game was Steelers winning. What I saw was Bernard getting a classic helmet to helmet concussion in the red zone with no penalty. Then I saw guy lunging towards a bait coach, 10 feet away, get called for a 15 yard penalty setting up a game winning FG.

I watched a great game with a completely unsatisfactory payoff.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 2

This game all boils down to the fumblitis ravaged Jeremy Hill. Why give the ball to a guy that has been prone to fumble all year. You even had to bench him for Bernard. No way, I take that chance. Sit on the ball 3 times and kick.

As for Jeremy Hill, he has to know they are going after the ball and has to get a knee down or hold on to the ball. Can't fumble in a playoff game like that. He's done. No heart, no mind and no sense = no ball and no win.

My minor skin in the game was Steelers winning. What I saw was Bernard getting a classic helmet to helmet concussion in the red zone with no penalty. Then I saw guy lunging towards a bait coach, 10 feet away, get called for a 15 yard penalty setting up a game winning FG.

I watched a great game with a completely unsatisfactory payoff.

I saw those instances as well, although I probably view them a bit differently. What I saw was Pacman Jones touching Joey Porter. I don't care what he said, you don't touch an opposing coach. Football is an emotional game but only undiscipline players let their emotions get the better of them (see Pacman). What I saw were a bunch of classless, immature Cincinatti defenders who have no respect for the game nor their organization. It's been a while I've seen a thug like Burfect, but it's only fitting that his undiscipline play is a major reason why the Bengals lost this game. Once again, the Bengals start the season with a talented roster but drastically underachieve. You gotta love it.

This game all boils down to the fumblitis ravaged Jeremy Hill. Why give the ball to a guy that has been prone to fumble all year. You even had to bench him for Bernard. No way, I take that chance. Sit on the ball 3 times and kick.

As for Jeremy Hill, he has to know they are going after the ball and has to get a knee down or hold on to the ball. Can't fumble in a playoff game like that. He's done. No heart, no mind and no sense = no ball and no win.

You do realize that the Steelers had timeouts right? Giving the ball to Hill was the right call. You play to win the game aka run the ball, force the Steelers to use timeouts and collect first downs. That's youth football 101.