[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zuerline to IR??

pegos

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Forbath

But Forbath is playing in Green Bay where the weather is supposed to be pretty bad, might affect his kicking

• Thanks 1

I am very tempted to pick up Sam Ficken and start him.  A lot of Zuerlein's potentially record-breaking success was due to the opportunities given by the Rams' offense.  They are good between the 20s but sputter a bit in the red zone.  The Rams offense is 20th in the league at red zone touchdown efficiency this season.  They are facing the Titans who aren't a great defense between the 20s but are the 6th best defense at preventing touchdowns in the red zone.  The Titans have given up the most fantasy points to opposing kickers this year.  They have given up more than a point a game more than the 2nd worst team.  This is a similar situation to last week with Foles:  a player being inserted into an offense that is the best at something playing against a defense that is the worst at that thing.  But I'll probably chicken out and not start Ficken.  Foles is a veteran.  Ficken has virtually no experience.  He could choke and miss a couple of field goals.  Sean McVay might even limit his opportunities by going for it on some 4th downs or punting it in situations they'd normally try a long field goal.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I am very tempted to pick up Sam Ficken and start him.  A lot of Zuerlein's potentially record-breaking success was due to the opportunities given by the Rams' offense.  They are good between the 20s but sputter a bit in the red zone.  The Rams offense is 20th in the league at red zone touchdown efficiency this season.  They are facing the Titans who aren't a great defense between the 20s but are the 6th best defense at preventing touchdowns in the red zone.  The Titans have given up the most fantasy points to opposing kickers this year.  They have given up more than a point a game more than the 2nd worst team.  This is a similar situation to last week with Foles:  a player being inserted into an offense that is the best at something playing against a defense that is the worst at that thing.  But I'll probably chicken out and not start Ficken.  Foles is a veteran.  Ficken has virtually no experience.  He could choke and miss a couple of field goals.  Sean McVay might even limit his opportunities by going for it on some 4th downs or punting it in situations they'd normally try a long field goal.

Agree.  I'm not grabbing him over guys like Butker or Lutz.  But, if the pickens are slim, it's time to get Ficken. 

Edited by Gopher

Not to mention, TEN just gave up SIX FG's to Gould.  And, as was previously said, a lot of kicker productivity comes down to opportunity.  The top kicker team facing the worst kicker defense, to me, is sort of a no-brainer.  Just a question of whether Ficken is any good or not, really.  But, if you're faced with picking a guy from the bottom third of the kickers, anyway, you might as well take a stab at the guy with all of the stars aligned in his favor. 

• Like 1

The guy currently in 1st place for the Fantasy Football $200,000 Championship has Zuerlein and never bothered to roster a back up kicker before Waivers ended in week 13. Too late now! That negligence will cost him thousands. Perhaps $200,000. LOL

Edited by Dcat

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The guy currently in 1st place for the Fantasy Football $200,000 Championship has Zuerlein and never bothered to roster a back up kicker before Waivers ended in week 13. Too late now! That negligence will cost him thousands. Perhaps $200,000. LOL

Seriously.  This year has changed my perspective on kickers completely, at least in leagues like that (which is much different than leagues where you can add/drop right up until the final week/game).  Even in best ball formats, I think I'd be a little bit less likely to roll with just one (or even two) kickers, given how this year has gone.  Usually, FF is a war of attrition at other positions (RB).... This year, I think the kicker spot has been just as impacted by injury (and/or plain old demotions) as any other position. 

Edited by Gopher