[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 Waiver Wire

michaelredd9

Just now, DanTheMan_5 said:

No thanks. I’ve seen this movie before. 

In his first 7 seasons, Cook had the misfortune of playing for Jeff Fisher on both the Titans and the Rams (2 of the 7 years were with Mike Munchak as coach).  He had 8 different quarterbacks over that span none of which were good.  When he got settled in with the Packers, he looked good.  He was the 11th highest scoring tight end with the Packers over the last 7 games of 2016 season.  And then he looked awesome in his 3 playoff games with the Packers getting 18 catches for 229 yards and 2 touchdowns.  Last year, he was the 12th highest scoring fantasy tight end.  He should do better in his second season with Carr.  He was getting wide open last night.  He looked like a man among boys last night.  He looked like Gronk last night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kdko said:

I think Alison was a product of Adams getting double teamed.  Is Enunwa not available?  10 targets in a blowout game is impressive.

I honestly haven't checked yet.  When I'm at the office the damn company has all my fantasy sites (except the huddle thankfully) blocked.  I'll put in all my waiver claims tonight and check for Enunwa.  Thanks for the tip

3 hours ago, kdko said:

I think Alison was a product of Adams getting double teamed.  Is Enunwa not available?  10 targets in a blowout game is impressive.

Enunwa is already owned.  Now it's between Geronimo or Jared Cook.  I have OJ Howard but cook against Denver seems like a slam dunk

8 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

it's between Geronimo or Jared Cook.  I have OJ Howard but cook against Denver seems like a slam dunk

Jared Cook has scored 250.1 fantasy points in his last 27 games played (24 regular season and 3 playoff games).  That is an average of 9.26 fantasy points per game.  That is a low-end starting-caliber fantasy tight end.  And he is in a good position to improve on those numbers this year.  OJ Howard is a nice wildcard option but he is far from a sure thing.  He might be the Buccaneers 5th receiving option.  There is at least a 50% chance that OJ is not a starting caliber fantasy tight end this year.  You need Jared Cook.  Hopefully between the two of them, one is good.  You should consider picking up a 3rd tight end if you have the roster space.  Howard has a week 5 bye so you'll need to give up a roster spot soon anyhow.  Geronimo would probably be the player you would drop for the bye week filling tight end.

As KDKO mentions above, Geronimo is not a primary receiving option for the Packers.  Without an injury or two occurring, he probably has a ceiling of 50 receptions and will be very inconsistent.  That kind of receiver provides little fantasy value unless you are extremely weak at receiver.  You can pick up a bye week filler receiver of that quality level in any given week.  A starting caliber tight end is far more difficult to pick up from the waiver wire.

Edited by michaelredd9

Ricky Seals-Jones played 92% of snaps this week.  He is receiving tight end.  He is bound to get fantasy points being mainly a receiving option and getting that many snaps.  Jermaine Gresham is coming back at some point but who knows how he'll be after his achilles injury.  Ricky might be a sneaky daily fantasy play this week since he plays the Rams.  The Rams were bad against Cook and the Cardinals might be trailing and in a pass first mode.

Edited by michaelredd9

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Jared Cook has scored 250.1 fantasy points in his last 27 games played (24 regular season and 3 playoff games).  That is an average of 9.26 fantasy points per game.  That is a low-end starting-caliber fantasy tight end.  And he is in a good position to improve on those numbers this year.  OJ Howard is a nice wildcard option but he is far from a sure thing.  He might be the Buccaneers 5th receiving option.  There is at least a 50% chance that OJ is not a starting caliber fantasy tight end this year.  You need Jared Cook.  Hopefully between the two of them, one is good.  You should consider picking up a 3rd tight end if you have the roster space.  Howard has a week 5 bye so you'll need to give up a roster spot soon anyhow.  Geronimo would probably be the player you would drop for the bye week filling tight end.

As KDKO mentions above, Geronimo is not a primary receiving option for the Packers.  Without an injury or two occurring, he probably has a ceiling of 50 receptions and will be very inconsistent.  That kind of receiver provides little fantasy value unless you are extremely weak at receiver.  You can pick up a bye week filler receiver of that quality level in any given week.  A starting caliber tight end is far more difficult to pick up from the waiver wire.

I was able to get Cook off waivers.  He'll be plugged into my starting line-up this week.  We only carry 6 bench spots, really no space for a 3rd TE.

Most interesting for me this week:

Chicago D going for $12 out of $100 in a 10 team league - I'm not entirely sold that they're matchup proof yet and this seems like a lot if they aren't

In a 12 team standard league one guy made the following two moves:

Yeldon going for $30 out of $100 - The surprise for me here was this was not the Fournette owner.

Enunwa $20 out of $100 - Jets homer 

Nothing else too crazy from what I can tell. 

2 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Yep. I think this happened last year too.

I ended up getting Lindsey and Enunwa

I was #2 in order, #1 didn't make a move, I had Yeldon over Lindsay, who went to the team at #3.  Other players added from waivers were Dede Westbrook, Brandon Marshall, Corey Coleman, Will Dissly.  3 of the 6 players dropped were on IR (Hill, Walker, McKinnon).

18 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Ricky Seals-Jones played 92% of snaps this week.  He is receiving tight end.  He is bound to get fantasy points being mainly a receiving option and getting that many snaps.  Jermaine Gresham is coming back at some point but who knows how he'll be after his achilles injury.  Ricky might be a sneaky daily fantasy play this week since he plays the Rams.  The Rams were bad against Cook and the Cardinals might be trailing and in a pass first mode.

Wish I had landed Cook but I was the second highest scoring team this week, with Olsen :doh:  Settled for RSJ because of what you mentioned (snap count), and also the fact he got 6 targets and no other TE on the Cards got a single target.  Every other TE in the league that had close to 6 targets also had another TE or two on the team that got targets...very volatile.  The potential is definitely there for RSJ if he can turn those 6 targets into more yardage or TD's.  Should be very serviceable.

Btw, someone jumped ship on Jimmy Graham.  How do we all feel about Graham moving forward?  It does seem a bit grim, but A-Rod's TD's all came from 20+ yards out pretty much.

16 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He still has top-3 tight end potential.  Picking him up is a no-brainer.

Word.

Also something that got me thinking - Indy's backfield.

Ahmad Bradshaw was a RB2/fringe RB1 in PPR formats for 2 seasons when both him and Luck were healthy a few years back.  Nyheim Hines got 9 TARGETS week 1.  I have Wilkins, but I think i'm going to drop him for Hines and see how this plays out.  Luck loves checking down to his RB's and they'll be incredibly pass happy this year, and poor at running the ball.  If he's available in people's PPR leagues he's definitely worth a stash.  Only 3 other RB's were targetted more in week 1, and he's tied with 2 others.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

Interesting to see Jalen Richard had 11 targets, but historically Carr doesn't pass to his RB's as much as Luck does, nor with the success.

Chucky's previous teams had running backs with a lot of receptions.  The West Coast offense usually does.  Carr's passing to Richard has been effective the last 2 years.  Richard has played 21% of snaps both of the last two years and has caught 29 and 27 receptions.  His PPR potential is hugh if he averages even 40% of snaps. 

Richard was getting snaps ahead of Lynch in a close game.  Richard ended up playing 50% of snaps and Lynch played 37%.  If that split continues, Richard could be a top-10 fantasy running back.  

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

Chucky's previous teams had running backs with a lot of receptions.  The West Coast offense usually does.  Carr's passing to Richard has been effective the last 2 years.  Richard has played 21% of snaps both of the last two years and has caught 29 and 27 receptions.  His PPR potential is hugh if he averages even 40% of snaps. 

Richard was getting snaps ahead of Lynch in a close game.  Richard ended up playing 50% of snaps and Lynch played 37%.  If that split continues, Richard could be a top-10 fantasy running back.  

Yeah, another problem I have with Richard is that I don't think he's inherently as talented as someone like Hines, and Luck > Carr.  Opportunity trumps ability, but I still think their opportunity is similar and Hines is the better back.  

On 9/11/2018 at 7:10 PM, michaelredd9 said:

In his first 7 seasons, Cook had the misfortune of playing for Jeff Fisher on both the Titans and the Rams (2 of the 7 years were with Mike Munchak as coach).  He had 8 different quarterbacks over that span none of which were good.  When he got settled in with the Packers, he looked good.  He was the 11th highest scoring tight end with the Packers over the last 7 games of 2016 season.  And then he looked awesome in his 3 playoff games with the Packers getting 18 catches for 229 yards and 2 touchdowns.  Last year, he was the 12th highest scoring fantasy tight end.  He should do better in his second season with Carr.  He was getting wide open last night.  He looked like a man among boys last night.  He looked like Gronk last night.

Saw this snippet on CBS:

Cook's 180-yard game in Week 1 was not only a career-high but his seventh with over 100 yards over his 10-year career. By comparison, he has 52 career games with under 20 yards”

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Richard is the player I dropped to add TJ Yeldon. I considered keeping him and probably should have dropped Riddick instead. 

Now I've got my eye on Javorious (Buck) Allen since Kenneth Dixon has been placed on IR. My RB are pretty weak with guys like Tevin Coleman, and Peyton Barber, Duke, Chris Carson at the top of my starting options, so I'm churning for value and guys with any significant opportunity. 

so let me detail my first week of waivers....this league has about 10k in payouts(I'm sure many here play in similar leagues or ones even larger)....12 team ppr....start 1qb 2rbs 4rec 1 flx 1k 1 def(no mando TE they are receivers)

$500 cap for the year

enunwa won for 97....failed bids 72,75, 55, 58, 25, 65

Lindsay won for 71...failed bids 53,25,31

bears D won for 107...failed bids 6

kittle won for 116...failed bids 35

Beasley won for 45...failed bids 10

j cook won for 121...failed bids 116

ok...now disclosure time....I won enunwa....my roster is below and I didn't update because 1. I haven't officially dropped anyone yet(prob miller) and 2. I wanted people to see what I was working with

I put in a 97 on enunwa with a 97 contingency on Lindsay.....then put a separate primary bid on Lindsay for 53(which was next highest)....honestly had I known 72 would have gotten me Lindsay as well I would have done it...I just threw 53 out there as a longshot figuring he'd prob go for more than what he did

I also kind of figured that 15 percent was a good number on enunwa....but that in this league(which always has some wacky bidding) id have to go a little higher......I feel good knowing I outbid a couple of 70 dollar bids and that I only paid about 20 dollars over the next highest.....not a bad deal to get the guy I deemed the #1 priority......and when I look at how much guys overbid on the bears D and kittle? enunway feels like a bargain

there were about 4 moves made this morning once it became a free for all.....

I did blow about 20 percent of my budget on enunwa...but when I go to replace my K and def for bye weeks(or stream D's) I usually wait till after waiver period and don't spend money.....sometimes I'm near the top of the league in drop/adds....but also may go several weeks without spending my bid money....im usually pretty good with the money...ill just have to tighten up and be very careful....but to me enunwa could be well worth it especially with me not feeling all too well about nelson now

• Like 2