[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think top QBs will move up in draft next season?

Darkwing1232

It used to be there were enough top tier qbs to make them not much of a priority when drafting. They would get picked in roughly round 8 or 9 because the top 12 were roughly the same more or less in terms of value. This season seemed different with QBs like Mahomes and Brees consistently putting up 35 points while most streaming options were down at around 25ish on a good day. Have we come to a point where top tier QBs will start getting picked in earlier rounds like 6th or even 5th?

I don't think this year is that much different, but then I'm in a 5 player keeper league, most of the 12 teams protect a QB and I don't spend a lot of time deciding if a Brady/Rodgers/Brees/whoever is worth a 1st/2nd/3rd round. 

I have went several years without protecting a QB, and still find good options in the draft. This year I did keep a QB, Stafford, who has been on my team on and off last 5+ years, Now I also have Trubisky and plan to protect him. 

Just looked at an ADP list from last year, top QBs were Rodgers(3.11), Watson(5.01), Brady(5.07), Wilson(6.04) and Brees(6.08), 12th QB was Rivers(9.12)

1 hour ago, MTSuper7 said:

Look what happened this year when people spent an earlier pick on Aaron Rodgers. Will Mahomes and potentially Brees go pretty early next year? Sure. Will that pay off for the teams who do it? Probably not compared to what they would pass over at RB and WR to do it.

Brees is certainly more predictable with years of good to great fantasy seasons, Mahommes is a much bigger risk.  

The guy in our keeper league (more like dynasty with regard to ability to keep player forever) who traded Brees a couple of years ago (deciding to go with Watson long term, before the injury) is kicking himself now. 

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Brees is certainly more predictable with years of good to great fantasy seasons, Mahommes is a much bigger risk.  

The guy in our keeper league (more like dynasty with regard to ability to keep player forever) who traded Brees a couple of years ago (deciding to go with Watson long term, before the injury) is kicking himself now. 

He's kicking himself over 3.5 ppg?

Mahomes may actually be worth a higher pick.  31.5 ppg is no joke.

In high stakes leagues, a couple drafters reached early for guys like Brady and Deshaun Watson (rounds 3ish through 6ish).  Given the a bevy of guys who outperformed or performed equally, who were drafted much later; this strategy backfired.  Mahomes is fantasy lightening in a bottle this year.  One has to wonder if he can match this statistical output next year.  D coordinators will have a year of film to evaluate; and maybe more importantly; if the KC defense improves; Mahomes won't be forced to score 35+ a game for KC to win.

18 hours ago, darin3 said:

He's kicking himself over 3.5 ppg?

Mahomes may actually be worth a higher pick.  31.5 ppg is no joke.

Well he also has Goff, so he's not really hurting at QB. Just think he's looking at Brees record season after he traded him and wondering if he messed up. The guy is a salesman and always wheeling and dealing. 

Looking at scoring in our league appears its about 4ppg difference, but I do see more low games (4 under 12 vs. 2) for Watson. 

This may have also been around the time when Watson was struggling some (week 5-7 scoring 16/7/10).