Wolverines Fan

Report: Antonio Brown was benched for the Bengals game

LOL forward to 4:30 this guy truly has lost his mind. Demanding trade when he's got 3 years on his deal left AND now saying he isn't playing without guaranteed contract

8 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

LOL forward to 4:30 this guy truly has lost his mind. Demanding trade when he's got 3 years on his deal left AND now saying he isn't playing without guaranteed contract

He is certifiably insane. 

34 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

More times than not, this kind of posturing works when the player is a superstar.  As a quasi-free agent, all he needs is for 1 team to be willing to give him a new contract with guaranteed money.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

what's funny is that this is a form of "tampering".

37 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

what's funny is that this is a form of "tampering".

A player can't tamper.  Only agents and coaches/gms/owners can be guilty of tampering.  Antonio is asking to be tampered with but he would still be innocent of tampering even if a team tampers with him.  Also, he might have gotten the green light from Rooney to communicate with other teams and then it wouldn't even be tampering from the other side.

Edited by michaelredd9

6 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

A player can't tamper.  Only agents and coaches/gms/owners can be guilty of tampering.  Antonio is asking to be tampered with but he would still be innocent of tampering even if a team tampers with him.  Also, he might have gotten the green light from Rooney to communicate with other teams and then it wouldn't even be tampering from the other side.

hence "form".

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Great breakdown of meeting with AB here 

https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/1098341960220327936?s=19

Kevin Colbert can talk tough but his words ring hollow.  The Steelers will trade Antonio this off-season.  They will have to accept the highest offer from any team excluding the Patriots and not in their division.  It'll probably happen before Antonio is due $2.5 million on March 16th (March 14th or 15th are the most likely dates the trade will happen).  I think they'll get a first round pick at a minimum.  Without Brown's baggage, they'd get 2 first round picks.  If the highest offer is just a 2nd round pick, they'll have to accept it.

47 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Kevin Colbert can talk tough but his words ring hollow.  The Steelers will trade Antonio this off-season.  They will have to accept the highest offer from any team excluding the Patriots and not in their division.  It'll probably happen before Antonio is due $2.5 million on March 16th (March 14th or 15th are the most likely dates the trade will happen).  I think they'll get a first round pick at a minimum.  Without Brown's baggage, they'd get 2 first round picks.  If the highest offer is just a 2nd round pick, they'll have to accept it.

I'm not sure they'll get a first round pick. They really have no leverage and his sanity is in question. As great as he is I think many teams will be scared off. 

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not sure they'll get a first round pick. They really have no leverage and his sanity is in question. As great as he is I think many teams will be scared off. 

Superstars don't usually get traded for 2nd round picks.  True superstars are rarely traded.  When they are traded, it is for at least a first round pick.  Some teams might be scared off but plenty of teams will accept his emotional baggage.  Superstar wide receivers are usually divas.  It comes with the territory.

15 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They really have no leverage ...

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think you let it sink it. It's "economics". It's not a matter of leverage if there are two buyers for one product. Supply and demand. I'm certain that more than one team will be interested and then the price climbs depending on the interest of the two+ buyers.

supply and demand.

also, PIT showed it's willing to spite itself with Leveon, so they could very well do the same with AB

9 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Superstars don't usually get traded for 2nd round picks.  True superstars are rarely traded.  When they are traded, it is for at least a first round pick.  Some teams might be scared off but plenty of teams will accept his emotional baggage.  Superstar wide receivers are usually divas.  It comes with the territory.

did amari cooper fetch a 1st? Is cooper as good as AB (at the time of the trade)?

yes, AB will require a minimum of a 1st. His baggage is way less of an issue than his age.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

His baggage is way less of an issue than his age.

I'm not worried about his age.  Antonio is a finesse receiver and 30.  He'll probably age like fine wine.  He'll age like Jerry Rice.  As a Packers fan, I'd love for him to come to Green Bay.  The receiver with the most finesse in the league combined with the most accurate passer in the league.  It would be a great combination.

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think you let it sink it. It's "economics". It's not a matter of leverage if there are two buyers for one product. Supply and demand. I'm certain that more than one team will be interested and then the price climbs depending on the interest of the two+ buyers.

supply and demand.

also, PIT showed it's willing to spite itself with Leveon, so they could very well do the same with AB

I think he'll cost a first rounder as well but wouldn't be shocked if the cost gets driven down. He's in the middle of some sort of breakdown right now. He's bat shizz crazy.

36 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm not worried about his age.  Antonio is a finesse receiver and 30.  He'll probably age like fine wine.  He'll age like Jerry Rice.  As a Packers fan, I'd love for him to come to Green Bay.  The receiver with the most finesse in the league combined with the most accurate passer in the league.  It would be a great combination.

it's not so much his age causing him to lose a step, but the fact that he's 31 years old for this season. Age is just a fact. If he was 28, there'd be 20 teams lining up to get him.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I'm not sure they'll get a first round pick.

27 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I think he'll cost a first rounder

:D

I don't think they get a 1st round pick for him.  I think Cooper was an outlier and not consistent with what he should've received.  If AB gets traded I say it's a 2nd round pick and maybe a late round pick but not a 1st.

19 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

18 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

So it could be a first round pick, or it could not be a first round pick?

I also don't buy the premise that he has to be traded and the Steelers have no leverage and have to take any low ball offer that is made.

The guy is off his rocker, and any GM considering him needs to be prepared for the worst. 

I realize I am somewhat opinionated but I wouldn't touch him.  31 years old, acting like the world owes him everything, he's out only for himself.  This has disaster written all over it.  The first sign of adversity and he's going to fold like a cheap suit.  QB doesn't throw the ball enough, coach disrespects him, lose a few tough games, whatever.  Then you'll get all the self indulgent negative tweets and the bizarre behavior.  No thanks.  Once these guys get an attitude like this it's terminal.  Almost never have seen someone worth it once they develop this kind of attitude.  That doesn't mean he won't get paid or be worth a 1st round pick.  That all depends on how badly other teams want him.  

The guy trains very hard, maybe he'll be successful out of pure drive, anger, or spite.  I personally wouldn't risk too much to trade for him though.  Not even a first rounder.  

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

I see either a mid round pick with a player or the 9ers 2nd rounder which I belive is pick 34 or 35 

37 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Have Fun Antonio..

Sources: Raiders among 3 most interested in AB https://es.pn/2XqH7sW
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Lol I mean the Raiders are actually a good fit from a personnel standpoint.  They desperately need a receiver.  And they have the draft picks.  But how long til AB melts down with the Raiders......over under is what, 4 games? 

43 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Lol I mean the Raiders are actually a good fit from a personnel standpoint.  They desperately need a receiver.  And they have the draft picks.  But how long til AB melts down with the Raiders......over under is what, 4 games? 

Get your popcorn ready. Can't wait 

“I support Ben. He is my guy, he is my quarterback.”-AB after reading this news