[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help: Most competitive league settings?

It's all the same.  No rules are more competitive than any others.  It's just preferences.  Any competitor will adapt to the rules.  I believe one-point-per-reception is good. But I'd adapt if it weren't.  Some like 1.5 points per tight end reception.  But it doesn't make it more competitive.  Just go with the preset rules and know that competitiveness comes from what you do after the rules are set, not before.

27 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

It's all the same.  No rules are more competitive than any others.  It's just preferences.  Any competitor will adapt to the rules.  I believe one-point-per-reception is good. But I'd adapt if it weren't.  Some like 1.5 points per tight end reception.  But it doesn't make it more competitive.  Just go with the preset rules and know that competitiveness comes from what you do after the rules are set, not before.

Do you or what does everyone like between decimal and full point scoring? If decimal what settings given to each category? Thanks 

I always liked ESPN standard leagues. It's basic, simple and to the point. I don't like the leagues that are over technical if that makes any sense. Although I'm in many I don't like PPR leagues. To me it doesn't make sense to reward someone for catching a ball. It's like giving a RB a point per carry. Getting points for a 1 yard screen pass is silly, especially if they have 5 or more. 

16 hours ago, seahawksfantasysports said:

Do you or what does everyone like between decimal and full point scoring? If decimal what settings given to each category? Thanks 

We finally went to decimal scoring last year, in part to get rid of ties which we'd have 1-2 of most years, and people hated them. Its also more accurate as that guy almost gets the full yardage necessary gets what he deserves. In the first few weeks we had a real close that involved my team, I checked the stats, crunched the numbers and found I would have lost by instead of won without decimal scoring. Many of my players were just short of the next point (mostly 1pt/10 rushing/receiving) and got the half or more instead of nothing. My opponents most players were getting less partial points.

One thing I did not like, was that we changed FG scoring too, my co-commish reasoned "if 35 yards rushing is worth more than 30, but less than 40 why shouldn't a 35 yard FG be the same (we had it so a whole point was awarded for each extra 10 over 30yards).  So now a FG can have fractional scoring. 

Some of the scoring tweaks we did were more about making a position relevant, like bumping TE scoring by yardage back when it was 1pt/25 rush/rec we changed TE to 1/10, eventually all positions adopted that scoring. TEs had zeros far too often, making them worthless. We're considering doing something with defense because they score so little (1pt/turnover or sack, max 4 for a shutout, def. scores)

15 hours ago, Shaft said:

I have a league like that with 16 owners. It's a chess game.

And someone i know is very good at chess. 

On 4/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, kdko said:

Less bench spots makes it more competitive.

That is the one change I'd like to see in our league, we start 9 and have 9 bench spots, which means far less on the waiver wire. Some guys draft backup K and TE and rarely make a roster move all year (they cost $2 each).

Taking 1-2 players off our bench could make things more interesting.

On 4/15/2019 at 7:25 AM, stevegrab said:

That is the one change I'd like to see in our league, we start 9 and have 9 bench spots, which means far less on the waiver wire. Some guys draft backup K and TE and rarely make a roster move all year (they cost $2 each).

Taking 1-2 players off our bench could make things more interesting.

Yeah, we only have 5 bench spots in ours.  There comes a certain point where you drop a solid WR4/RB3-4 in order to stash a lottery ticket, and have to give up guys you like on tough bye weeks.  Also makes the way you draft around your bye weeks a lot more challenging.  Most drafts if you have a ton of bench spots you can draft multiple people on the same bye week and it doesnt matter at all

• 2 weeks later...