[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Ezekiel Elliott planning a training camp holdout

Wolverines Fan

19 minutes ago, loaf said:

Nope, Pollard was taken before I got to him. I'm OK, it's only a ten dollar league mostly for bragging rights

Mine is NOT a $10 league, and it's NOT for bragging rights! I need that mikki fikki to show up and sign the contract!!!!

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

I'm not getting the Pollard Hype. He only carried the ball more than 10 times TWICE in college. Am I missing something?

Dallas O line can make many average backs successful. Whoever runs behind them this year could have some relevance 

Edited by TrevorThinksHeKnowsFantasy

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

I'm not getting the Pollard Hype. He only carried the ball more than 10 times TWICE in college. Am I missing something?

Despite that, he appears to be the clear cut backup; Morris hasn't done anything in years.  Pollard is super athletic and scored a lot of TDs.  YPC was insane and he caught 78 catches his last year in college. These types of pass catching backs can offer great value in deep leagues.

Even if Zeke signs, Pollard can still be this year's Nyheim Hines. This year I find myself targeting a lot of WRs in rounds 2 through 5.  I have a number of RBs I like in rounds 6 through 15.  Pollard is one of them, but his ADP will be too high next week if Elliott still hasn't signed.

Edited by Bobby Brown

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports that despite continued talks between the Cowboys and holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott, a deal is "not close."

Sep 2, 2019, 10:33 AM

FollowFollow @SlaterNFL
More

A source informed tells me that while talks with #Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott continued late Sunday the deal is still “not close”. When I asked what’s holding it up the answer was the same as last month “everything”.

7:11 AM - 2 Sep 2019

•  
Edited by michaelredd9

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

A lot, haha. I have Zeke in 3 leagues. I ain't skeered.

I said it on here last year after Bell sat out the season. He set a precedent for backs after him. We are going to see more season long holdouts for rbs and I think Zeke and Gordon are next.

Just now, Gourdeau said:

I said it on here last year after Bell sat out the season. He set a precedent for backs after him. We are going to see more season long holdouts for rbs and I think Zeke and Gordon are next.

Gordon yes, I don't think Zeke has any leverage. He has 2 more years on the books and can be franchised 2 more years after that. Not to mention that the Cowboys need him BAD. They know they are 8-8 without Zeke. The Chargers can win without Gordon. 

24 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i'm legit trying to have a conversation with you (and others here). You said owners will be fine if EE is there for your playoff run. Doesn't that sound like YOU think a team should be able to make the playoffs without their 1st round pick?

I'll simplify it... when do you think EE will start playing?

Source close to Ezekiel Elliott maintains that things are “still on schedule” for a deal to come together in the next 24-36 hours

I'm reading the same reports you are Opie. The point is that it's gonna get done soon. Neither benefit from a long term holdout. 

Have 3 high stakes league drafts this Thursday through Saturday.  Playoffs start after week 11 and total points are as important as record for advancing.  If Elliot isn't signed, I'd expect his DP to fall to 3rd or 4th.  Those who took a chance on Bell late in the first round last year wasted an awful lot of money; and your 1st round pick missing even a couple weeks can be a substantial obstacle.  

7 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Have 3 high stakes league drafts this Thursday through Saturday.  Playoffs start after week 11 and total points are as important as record for advancing.  If Elliot isn't signed, I'd expect his DP to fall to 3rd or 4th.  Those who took a chance on Bell late in the first round last year wasted an awful lot of money; and your 1st round pick missing even a couple weeks can be a substantial obstacle.  

Yes but assess the risk. What's left after the big 4? A scrap heap of ok backs that may or may not be worth a first round pick and will NEVER put of Zeke type numbers in their respectable offenses. For me it's a risk worth taking. This is not the Leveon or Gordon holdout, this is much different. Both sides need a deal and it will get done. 

Edited by League_Champion