[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giving others draft sheets

Patriots

At my local draft every year this guy calls me up before and asks me to bring him a copy of the rankings and I have always done it to be a good friend.   This year I printed out the huddle top 200 when it first came out and I am thinking of giving him that one.    Is this a scum bag move?    I am just sick of him having the same sheet as me and him beating me to picks.     Is it my fault if he picks a guy that is out for the season in the second round?   

4 hours ago, Patriots said:

At my local draft every year this guy calls me up before and asks me to bring him a copy of the rankings and I have always done it to be a good friend.   This year I printed out the huddle top 200 when it first came out and I am thinking of giving him that one.    Is this a scum bag move?    I am just sick of him having the same sheet as me and him beating me to picks.     Is it my fault if he picks a guy that is out for the season in the second round?   

I used to do the same thing.  Then all of a sudden, my printer magically broked after making one copy.  Weird...  It might have been out of ink or just doesn't print all together.  I gave them both answers...

13 hours ago, darin3 said:

I'd tell him to go to a free site like FFToday and print out his own.  

This.  Also, tell him that it is not fair to others that you are helping him.  Everyone responsible for obtaining or making their own lists.

So you are sharing Huddle information (paid content) with another person who doesn't pay? :nono:

As for your needy friend, tell him to find his own information, as somebody mentioned there are free sites with info out there (I do use FFToday as a second source, and it is very good for being free). Or bring a fantasy magazine printed in June with out of date info and let him use that. 

During the draft I will discuss some things with a couple other owners, getting info and opinions, a two way street we share without screwing each other over by snagging players after being asked about them. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So you are sharing Huddle information (paid content) with another person who doesn't pay? :nono:

As for your needy friend, tell him to find his own information, as somebody mentioned there are free sites with info out there (I do use FFToday as a second source, and it is very good for being free). Or bring a fantasy magazine printed in June with out of date info and let him use that. 

During the draft I will discuss some things with a couple other owners, getting info and opinions, a two way street we share without screwing each other over by snagging players after being asked about them. 

I guess I am just too nice a person to say no to someone who has been a friend for 20 plus years.     Thanks all for the advice.  

6 minutes ago, Patriots said:

I guess I am just too nice a person to say no to someone who has been a friend for 20 plus years.     Thanks all for the advice.  

As a Patriots Fan, nice cannot be used to describe you 😏 . JK of course

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Patriots said:

That's fine, and I can be a nice person too with friends. But when the same people keep asking me for help with something they can figure out themselves if they took a few minutes or spent a little $ I get frustrated. 

Some more detail may help illustrate my perspective

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day ,or teach a man to fish and feed him for life.  

I recently told that to a friend of mine (figured as a fisherman he'd get it), he is is always asking for help finding information that isn't really hard to find. We get a newsletter from our club with a calendar, and months later "I misplaced my calendar (again) and need to know the date of such and such...."  Or "who has Bob's phone#?" answer is everybody in the club since we get that info distributed to us annually.

I'm not a cutthroat with my league mates, and we're generally a friendly low key league. But I also don't help freeloaders who then depend on you every year, and would certainly never help me (letting me see their rankings or FF info). 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day ,or teach a man to fish and feed him for life.  

I recently told that to a friend of mine (figured as a fisherman he'd get it)

You actually said that out loud to another person that is your friend?

:rofl:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

You actually said that out loud to another person that is your friend?

:rofl:

It was in an email, and trust me if you knew the guy you'd probably feel the same way. He can never hold on to any info that is distributed to the group and is also posting on our email list "who knows when ?  who has the number for ?   who do I talk to about ???". The guy somehow managed to run a semi successful business of his own, without a secretary to do the work. I guess that was important enough for him to take the time to be organized, but other stuff, he'll just use others as a crutch. 

You ever used lmgtfy.com ?

• Like 1