[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jalen Ramsey playing status

jalvara

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

And there's a rule in place where no player can play twice in a week so if he does play tonight then he wouldn't be able to play come Sunday (or Monday).

I say he's going to the Eagles.

Did not realize that is actually a rule. Apparently one that is not well known as several teams contacted the league office asking if they signed him after he plays today could they play him on Sunday.   PFT link

Seems odd that a player can even be traded during the week after playing a game. Recall when AB was released and then signed it was stated he could not play in week 1 game. But think that had something to do with when his release became official, therefore he wasn't eligible to be on Pats roster for week 1. 

2 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

If they are really trading him, I'd be shocked the team receiving him wouldn't insist on getting this done before tonight's game.

I'd bet money any trade is done by kickoff tonight.

Somebody in another discussion suggested that is why the Jaguars have announced he will play tonight, to force the other team to get the deal done before then. Wonder if it has to occur before the inactive/active list is turned in by the team, not just before kickoff. 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

I think if he is on the roster at gametime he can't play for another team later that weekend. A trade would have needed to processed by 4 PM ET(league processing time) today  to allow him to play for the new team.

Thanks I was thinking it had to be something earlier than "just before kickoff".

So he isn't going anywhere. Now I hear rumors the Browns are one of the top 5 teams trying to get him. I hope not, because we already have some good DBs including a young Pro Bowler in Ward. The picks and money would be better spent on other positions.