[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fully participated in practice = play golf

Dcat

I noticed this type of status report lately.  Is this literally what the NFL reports?  If so, it is moronic. 

Seattle Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny (hamstring) fully participated in practice Monday, Sept. 30. The Seahawks did not hold a practice Monday, so this is an estimation.

Who wrote this? Estimation by whom? The team? the player? his agent? Team doctor? Cheerleader? 

Come on.

Dcat is right though....the reporting on injuries is absolutely pathetic. Just last week we had Godwin who missed almost every practice and made out by all the experts to sound like a pretty questionable start. We all know how that turned out. Conversely, we had McLaurin who was said to have a "minor" tweak and most likely to play. Again, we all know how that turned out. It's already challenging enough to put lineups in, try to figure out when injured players might be back, decipher coach speak and all the other crap and we can't even get accurate reporting. I swear it's like the damn weather forecasters who stick their head out the window to let you know what's going on. I 1000% blame the crap ass lazy beat reporters who put in absolute minimal effort in their job, never held accountable for their crap product, and do nothing besides write fluff articles for their local teams. We're talking about a billion dollar industry when you look at the NFL and all of its by products including gambling, season long fantasy and daily and we just get complete substandard mediocrity from the vast majority of ALL free and paid sites as well as reporting. 

Rams CB Marcus Peters has been added to the injury report because he did not re-enter Sunday's game after he was evaluated for a concussion. Peters was cleared of a concussion, a Rams spokesperson said, but he will appear on the injury report with a "face" injury because of a laceration he suffered. The Rams did not practice Monday, but Peters was projected as a full participant.

Ah yes, the old "weather forecasters are never right and just stick their heads out the window and guess" rant (post by seadogs) relating it to figuring out if NFL players will actually play. :rolleyes:   I wonder what these whiners do for a living, and if they suffer such accusations by anybody who is impacted by their work. 

As for this belief that everybody thought Godwin was out, well maybe because he barely practiced during the week, that is what people thought thru Saturday. But this report (text below from CBS site), sourced to Rotowire at 8AM Eastern Sunday (long before any games, several hours before a starting line-up has to be submitted in most leagues) says he is likely to play on Sunday. 

Since The Huddle news uses Rotowire as a source I assume that same news item was posted on this site. Yep just confirmed that was posted here. So were people ignoring this, or just going off the "he didn't practice and is questionable" then fail to check updates Sunday before games? If I owned him and checked his info on my CBS league I'd see this update without searching the web or being a Huddle subscriber. 

Godwin news 

Buccaneers' Chris Godwin: Likely to play Sunday

September 29, 2019 8:15 AM ET | by RotoWire Staff

Godwin (hip), who is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Rams, is expected to play, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

The Buccaneers had been treating Godwin as a game-time call after he managed only one limited practice this week, but the team is apparently optimistic with how the wideout has bounced back from the hip injury in the last couple of days. Godwin's status won't be officially confirmed until 90 minutes prior to Sunday's 4:05 p.m. EDT kickoff, but it looks like his fantasy managers can plan on having him available.

In case people decide to skip my long winded post above, Godwin was not some surprise active player at kickoff, this was posted in Huddle News and other places

Posted 9/29/2019 8:28 am EDT
Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin (hip) is expected to play in Week 4's game against the Los Angeles Rams, according to a source.

No one said that Godwin starting would be or was a "surprise".  You are missing the point entirely.  I'll bet those of us who benched Godwin knew full well he was starting (I did), but chose to bench him anyway due to the parade of injury reports on him during the week. He was iffy and quite limited in practice, even on Fri. Seen it a million times.  The injured player is a starter but mostly a decoy for the game.  Often best to sit him for that week.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No one said that Godwin starting would be or was a "surprise".  You are missing the point entirely.  I'll bet those of us who benched Godwin knew full well he was starting (I did), but chose to bench him anyway due to the parade of injury reports on him during the week. He was iffy and quite limited in practice, even on Fri. Seen it a million times.  The injured player is a starter but mostly a decoy for the game.  Often best to sit him for that week.

That is not what I got from the rant by seadogs and the attempted comparison to meteorologists. 

Yes it can be challenging, no that isn't likely to change any time soon, no matter how many millions are spent on fantasy football. 

PS  Since nobody here mentioned the report that he would start I have no idea how many knew. I do know there are lazy owners who don't pay attention to details, and that isn't something limited to people outside The Huddle community. 

Actually, Steve my point is that if you are a beat writer who's job it is to cover a team I expect a bit more. Seriously, what else are they doing this time of year other than cover their respective team? They are not getting paid, as far as I'm aware, to do much else other than follow that team and provide information. By all means you are entitled to settle for substandard reporting and lazy reporting....however, I prefer not to be a settler. People should be held accountable and should have expectations put on them when they are being paid. You want to choose the Godwin case as your only example, fine, but there are more than enough examples to go around. You might be one of the few people who thinks reporting on injuries in sports is accurate....because it's actually quite crap.

9 hours ago, seadogs said:

Actually, Steve my point is that if you are a beat writer who's job it is to cover a team I expect a bit more. Seriously, what else are they doing this time of year other than cover their respective team? They are not getting paid, as far as I'm aware, to do much else other than follow that team and provide information. By all means you are entitled to settle for substandard reporting and lazy reporting....however, I prefer not to be a settler. People should be held accountable and should have expectations put on them when they are being paid. You want to choose the Godwin case as your only example, fine, but there are more than enough examples to go around. You might be one of the few people who thinks reporting on injuries in sports is accurate....because it's actually quite crap.

The teams keep information close to the vest and do not divulge everything.  Reporters can only report what they can credibly confirm because you know journalistic integrity and all.  Surprisingly enough, neither the league, the teams, nor even probably the reporters believe we are entitled to every tidbit of information just because we play make believe football.  Not saying all reporters are good cause they're not; but if a team's multiple reporters aren't saying much different than each other, odds are it's all that they can confirm.  If there is a problem with how injury information is divulged it starts and stops with the league rules and the teams, not the reporters.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seadogs said:

Do you think the reporters are reading your comments here, and working to better satisfy your demands? Have you sent complaints to the individual reporters who have so wronged you with their reporting?

I never said reporting is accurate, I simply say it is what it is. Live with it, or voice your complaints to somebody who MIGHT do something. Instead of posting your rants here which do nothing except invite others to complain or disagree. 

If you want to see a terrible and completely uninformed NFL beat writer, go to cleveland.com and look for for articles by Mary Kay Cabot. That is my home/favorite team and her reporting is like somebody at TMZ, and nothing is original it is all from other sources. So I know crappy beat writers.