[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Question

Optin

I have the 6th pick in the 2020 draft. I need one of these keepers. RB Elliott in the 1st or RB Cook in the 2nd. If I keep Cook in the 2nd, I believe that RB's Mixon....Chubb.....Jones will be available at the 6 pick. RB's go fast in this league ! Your thoughts on my keeper choice ! Thanks. 

When do you have to decide?

While Elliott for the #6 pick is decent value, Cook for a 2nd round pick is even better value, but there is the looming threat of his holdout, which would be my only hesitation. The longer you can wait to decide so more information is available the better. If that wasn't in play, Cook for the 2nd rounder is the easy choice.

46 minutes ago, Big Country said:

When do you have to decide?

While Elliott for the #6 pick is decent value, Cook for a 2nd round pick is even better value, but there is the looming threat of his holdout, which would be my only hesitation. The longer you can wait to decide so more information is available the better. If that wasn't in play, Cook for the 2nd rounder is the easy choice.

I tend to agree with this.  

With everything COVID related going on, I actually believe players have more incentive to not play this year given the additional health risks (this is across all sports).  

I do tend to agree with keeping Cook in the 2nd....great value !  My hesitation is it is a 12 team league and it is a full PPR. Keeping Elliott who is a true bell cow and has never been hurt......gives me great confidence and value ! Keeping Cook leaves me choosing between Chubb and Mixon. I like them both but Hunt bothers me and a 1st rd pick on Chubb is concerning. Taking Mixon would be the same as with Cook....the possibility of a holdout. Mixon has also been injured. I believe any 1st rd pick should be a NO brainer and that is Elliott. You still think Cook and Chubb or Cook and Mixon is the play ? Thanks for your views. Much appreciated. 

20 hours ago, Optin said:

I do tend to agree with keeping Cook in the 2nd....great value !  My hesitation is it is a 12 team league and it is a full PPR. Keeping Elliott who is a true bell cow and has never been hurt......gives me great confidence and value ! Keeping Cook leaves me choosing between Chubb and Mixon. I like them both but Hunt bothers me and a 1st rd pick on Chubb is concerning. Taking Mixon would be the same as with Cook....the possibility of a holdout. Mixon has also been injured. I believe any 1st rd pick should be a NO brainer and that is Elliott. You still think Cook and Chubb or Cook and Mixon is the play ? Thanks for your views. Much appreciated. 

Since you have concerns, look at it this way:

Option A: Keep Cook, draft Chubb/Mixon, hammer WR in rounds 3-10

Option B: Keep Elliott, draft ??? in 2nd

Once you project out who you think will realistically be there for you in the 2nd, compare the 2 options. If you do think Eliiott and whomever you can get in the 2nd is superior to Cook and Chubb/Mixon, then by all means go that route.

I am not concerned with Chubb's talent....I agree he is a stud....and so is Hunt ! Not sure I trust the new HC having 2 stud RB's is all. RB Mixon may have more touches than Chubb ? I want my 1st rd pick to be free of these possible issues. This is why I am still hung up with keeping RB Elliott.....he truly fits the 1st rd test!  Thanks for keeping the conversation going ! I do agree Chubb and Cook could be money ! It's just not that clear cut for me.

If I did keep RB Elliott......my 2nd rd options drop in RB talent of course, but my WR talent is still very good ! RD 2 RB options would be David Johnson....James Conner...Chris Carson...Mark Ingram...Todd Gurley. My WR options would be Amari Cooper...K Golladay....Mike evans....Kupp....DJ Moore...Beckham and Robinson. Honestly I am not seeing a superior combo, but I do see a workable combo ! Thanks for your insight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...