[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Captain Hook Can manning get 3...

Jrick35

I doubt that Manning will throw three TDs against Baltimore.  And it will be a good game.

607967[/snapback]

Especially with the way that 'poor' colts defense has been playing. They started out the season poorly, but it seems they are starting to gel. Is the first stage of the Dungy effect taking place?

Just pray he stays far from where the O practices. :D

Especially with the way that 'poor' colts defense has been playing.  They started out the season poorly, but it seems they are starting to gel.  Is the first stage of the Dungy effect taking place?

607981[/snapback]

They've been more inconsistent than poor since Dungy arrived. Their D played great great during the first month or so of last year.

I'm just going to knock on wood and keep my fingers crossed.

I honestly don't care if he does or doesn't break the record. The Ravens need this game in a bad way. The Colts are the kind of team that can have their QB throw for 4 TDs and still lose. Hopefully, whatever Manning does will not be enough.

The Ravens where very non-celebratory after the Giants game. They know they'll have a tougher time shuting down Peyton than they did Eli. This is going to be a good game.

Oh, almost forogt, Irsay Still Sucks.

Another question: can Edge run on the Ravens? If the Ravens concentrate on keeping their names out of the record book as the D who gave up TD pass #48 and beyond, and they pay too much attention to stopping Peyton, can Edge quietly sneak in and be the real star of this game?

Another question: can Edge run on the Ravens? If the Ravens concentrate on keeping their names out of the record book as the D who gave up TD pass #48 and beyond, and they pay too much attention to stopping Peyton, can Edge quietly sneak in and be the real star of this game?

608475[/snapback]

Yes.

Colts have always stuggled running the ball vs. the Ravens, Manning has had a minimum of 40 passes against them:

November 29, 1998 at Baltimore

Ravens 38 Colts 31

Manning 27-42 357 yards 3 TD 1 INT

Marvin Harrison missed this game with a seperated shoulder. Colts WR were Torrance Small (9-153 1 TD), Jerome Pathon (1 TD), and Marshall Faulk (1 TD).

December 2, 2001 at Baltimore

Ravens 39 Colts 27

Manning 27-48 310 yards 2 TD 1 INT

Edgerrin was out for the year with the torn ACL. Colt WR were Marvin Harrison (5-89 1 TD), Terrance Wilkins (5-61), Marcus Pollard (4-80 1 TD) , Ken Dilger (3-32), and rookie Reggie Wayne (3-11).

Manning's INT was returned 47 yards for a TD by Rod Woodson.

Dominic Rhodes rushed 16 times for 42 yards and had 6 receptions for 25 yards.

October 13, 2002 at Indianapolis

Colts 22 Ravens 20

Manning 30-40 284 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Ray Lewis missed this game with a seperated shoulder. Colt WR were Marvin Harrison (12-150), Qadry Ismail (5-54), Marcus Pollard (5-28 1 TD), Reggie Wayne (4-44).

Edgerrin James rushed 17 times for 43 yards and had 4 receptions for 8 yards.

This was the year after his ACL surgery.

Edited by CaptainHook

From Yahoo: Manning vs Balt stats

G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int

Last Game vs BAL 1 81.1 48 27 56.3 310 310.0 6.5 2 1

Career vs BAL 3 92.2 84 130 64.6 951 317.0 7.3 6 3

Looks like he has averaged 2 TDs/1 int in 3 games vs Balt. He's also been sacked 10 times and lost 1 fumble.

Peyton took some pretty good hits in the Houston game it will be interesting to see how much time his o line can give him. At least he won't be tipping the snap count playing at home! :D

608463[/snapback]

Offensive line is expected to be healthy by Sunday night. Starting C Jeff Saturday should return from a calf injury. Starting G Tupe Peko should also return from a high ankle sprain. Starting G Rick DeMulling should move back to his guard spot after playing center the past two weeks.

Offensive line is expected to be healthy by Sunday night.  Starting C Jeff Saturday should return from a calf injury.  Starting G Tupe Peko should also return from a high ankle sprain.  Starting G Rick DeMulling should move back to his guard spot after playing center the past two weeks.

608489[/snapback]

So you are saying we can finally expect Saturday on Sunday? (sorry, I couldn't resist the old "Who's on first" type of humor) :D

I would actually love to see Manning not break the record this week and have the Colts win. If he finds a way to beat them without throwing TDs on them, it will help convince others that he is ALL about winning and not just stats. I have no doubt he wants to break the record in a big way, but I think he wants the W this weekend...

So you are saying we can finally expect Saturday on Sunday? (sorry, I couldn't resist the old "Who's on first" type of humor) :D

I would actually love to see Manning not break the record this week and have the Colts win.  If he finds a way to beat them without throwing TDs on them, it will help convince others that he is ALL about winning and not just stats.  I have no doubt he wants to break the record in a big way, but I think he wants the W this weekend...

608920[/snapback]

So to prove he's not all about the TD Passes you want Manning to purposely avoid throwing 3 TD's this week?

Most people believe that Manning has just been chasing the record all year and that winning games is just a by-product of that chase.

When in reality, the record is the by-product of a team with a Great QB, 3 Great WR's and 2 Great TE's that decided to do whatever it took to improve their Red Zone Offense this year.

Manning will throw however many TD's he can or has to in order to win Sunday against the Ravens.

The Manning bashers can complain all they want to about Manning's TD's. So long as the Colts win their games.

The Colts are currently on a 6 Game win streak and that streak is going to reach 12 before they are done this year.

Offensive line is expected to be healthy by Sunday night.  Starting C Jeff Saturday should return from a calf injury.  Starting G Tupe Peko should also return from a high ankle sprain.  Starting G Rick DeMulling should move back to his guard spot after playing center the past two weeks.

608489[/snapback]

I have been very impressed by the cohesiveness of Indy's line with all the injuries, Sunday was the exception.