[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You guys are on your own ....

Grits and Shins

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, with due respect to all parties involved, I only read the first page of this thread and I felt like I was reading the script to a friggen soap opera!!

Grits, you've passed on some good advice on a few different occassions this season, for that I thank you...you're obviously a seasoned FF vet and an asset to the Huddle. I've read a few different posts started by folks that you chose to "ignore" and actually found them quite funny. My advice to you...keep on keepin' on my friend.

To all you little whiners....this is a fantasy football advice forum...not life or death. There's no reason to complain to the huddle admin unless you're truly offended...not if someone ignores you. Suck it up --

Thanks to all that shared their views this year. This is my first year participating in the forum and it certainly won't be my last.

Happy Holidays folks and good luck to ya'll still in the hunt.

GO STEELERS!!

~BLK&GLD

I for one got a kick out of Blitz's ignore list. It put some fun in the advice

forum. This was my first year in the Huddle and I can say truthfully that I'll

miss him.

By the way, he DID give some *** good advice when asked.

Take care Blitz! Maybe next year?

Grits dispensed good advice from time to time. The problem was wading through all the nonsense posts he made to find the useful ones. I think it's a shame he has chosen to walk away completely from the advice forum rather than simply realize it would be better for all if he simply stopped being a pain in the ass.

I am left wondering if he thought he was performing some greater good by trying to scare away the people who made the "stupid" posts. Or perhaps it was supposed to be a slap in the face approach to educate them. If that was the intent, I think it failed miserably. The overall quality level of the posts on the board was diminished by the "i'm ignoring you" posts and decent threads would be pushed off the bottom with the constant bumping. It was immature. There are better ways to handle the ignorant posters.

Hugh One and TS are examples of two people who also spend an enourmous amount of time answering posts and somehow they manage to do it without denegrating the people asking the questions.

I just found all the useless responses and post bumping to be tiresome and a distraction. Someone pointed out earlier that he at least made sure every post got a response. To this I ask, what good is a response that adds absolutely nothing?

I'll miss the occasional good advice I saw, but I certainly won't miss the garbage.

Before you ask, no, I was not one of the people that complained. That's not my style. I take care of my own business via PM if I have a problem with anyone.

It will be interesting to see what the tome of this forum is going forward. I suspect several of you will be only to happy to take up the mantle. Too bad. I think you will be emulating the wrong person. Like I said before, check out TS and Hugh One's posts to see what quality advice can be like.

Well, that's my .02. Probably not worth that much.

Grits dispensed good advice from time to time.  The problem was wading through all the nonsense posts he made to find the useful ones.  I think it's a shame he has chosen to walk away completely from the advice forum rather than simply realize it would be better for all if he simply stopped being a pain in the ass.

I am left wondering if he thought he was performing some greater good by trying to scare away the people who made the "stupid" posts.  Or perhaps it was supposed to be a slap in the face approach to educate them.  If that was the intent, I think it failed miserably.  The overall quality level of the posts on the board was diminished by the "i'm ignoring you" posts and decent threads would be pushed off the bottom with the constant bumping.  It was immature.  There are better ways to handle the ignorant posters.

Hugh One and TS are examples of two people who also spend an enourmous amount of time answering posts and somehow they manage to do it without denegrating the people asking the questions.

I just found all the useless responses and post bumping to be tiresome and a distraction.  Someone pointed out earlier that he at least made sure every post got a response.  To this I ask, what good is a response that adds absolutely nothing?

I'll miss the occasional good advice I saw, but I certainly won't miss the garbage.

Before you ask, no, I was not one of the people that complained.  That's not my style.  I take care of my own business via PM if I have a problem with anyone.

It will be interesting to see what the tome of this forum is going forward.  I suspect several of you will be only to happy to take up the mantle.  Too bad.  I think you will be emulating the wrong person.  Like I said before, check out TS and Hugh One's posts to see what quality advice can be like.

Well, that's my .02.  Probably not worth that much.

609027[/snapback]

Thanks smith, appreciate it. Glad to hear my work is appreciated as well. :D

:D

Clearly all the hard work I put in wasn't appreciated by many ... another good reason to cease my tireless efforts.

Consider this you nay sayers ... I have posted less than 5 WDIS posts this year, yet I have answered thousands. Why do you think I did that? I didn't do it for my health and it was very time consuming ... I did it to help out. Part of the price of my services was my ignore list.

So now you want to bust my chops when I say that I am done with the tireless task of answering posts in the advice forum. I say you don't have the right to bust my chops until you have answered at least a third of the ones I have answered. Ask yourself .. how many have you answered?

And to clarify ... I'm NOT leaving the site (for all of you wanting the door to hit me in the ass on the way out) ... I am just done making an effort to answer questions in this forum. I am and will remain active in the football forum.

This whole thing is ridiculous - why more of the parties involved couldn't take the high road is beyond me. While it's never good to lose an objective viewpoint, I certainly won't miss the "you are being ignored" posts - they clogged everything up more than the repetitive/stupid posts ever did.

This whole thing is ridiculous - why more of the parties involved couldn't take the high road is beyond me.  While it's never good to lose an objective viewpoint, I certainly won't miss the "you are being ignored" posts - they clogged everything up more than the repetitive/stupid posts ever did.

609266[/snapback]

How exactly did my responding to an existing thread "clog" anything up?

:D

Good to run into you again. Looks like you still have a fanatical fan base (ignore list). I'll get involved with your weekly Blitz next year. I found it too late this season - and didn't even know other boards werearound last year.

Unfortunately some people just don't appreciate the tens of thousands pieces of advice given over the years. :D

How exactly did my responding to an existing thread "clog" anything up?

609275[/snapback]

By bumping it back to the top of the forum. When I open a post at the top of the forum, I expect to see one of the following - 1) a topic that is currently being substantively discussed, 2) a new topic or 3) a plea by a poster for someone to answer one of his posts that may have slipped through the cracks. When I open it up and see an "I don't like you, so I'm going to tell you and everyone about it" post, I see that as a waste of my time. I understand what you were trying to do, I just don't agree with the method.

By bumping it back to the top of the forum.  When I open a post at the top of the forum, I expect to see one of the following - 1) a topic that is currently being substantively discussed, 2) a new topic or 3) a plea by a poster for someone to answer one of his posts that may have slipped through the cracks.  When I open it up and see an "I don't like you, so I'm going to tell you and everyone about it" post, I see that as a waste of my time.  I understand what you were trying to do, I just don't agree with the method.

609289[/snapback]

I believe you are mistaken if you believe that your posts moved off the front page any quicker. I only "ignored" a post if it was recently posted or recently bumped by the author ... so it had already moved up so to speak. Either that or I "ignored" a post prior to answering 10-20 posts which would have moved your post down anyway.

I believe you are mistaken if you believe that your posts moved off the front page any quicker.  I only "ignored" a post if it was recently posted or recently bumped by the author ... so it had already moved up so to speak.  Either that or I "ignored" a post prior to answering 10-20 posts which would have moved your post down anyway.

609294[/snapback]

has nothing to do with my posts moving down the page - it's easy enough for me to bump them back up. I just don't like opening a post expecting to see a question that needs an answer and getting a useless "ignore" post instead. like I said - it's a waste of time.

no worries - see around on the football forum.

:bawling: I can't believe your WDIS posts are done. I am the man i am today becasue of following your advice. I always scored the person who was going to score more points. What am I going to do :bawling: I even named my first born son Blitz.

Ohhhh boo hoo.

Yeah anyway, I got more entertainment from reading your response to stupid questions than anyone. Half the time I get on, it is to see who you were ignoring. I'm sure my wife will be happy because she is probably tired of hearing me read your posts to her. Eye donet theenk shee gits it.

Admin may be getting someone off their back, but I really think they'll be getting quite a few people off their site as well.

I think we should start our own site. Give me a call. We could call it:

remindingstupidpeopletothinkbeforetheypost.com

or even

therearenostupidquestionsonlystupidpeople.com

I have not been on the boards for very long, but I have seen some pretty good advice coming from Grits. You can tell just from the sheer number of posts that he has to his record that he spends lots of time answering posts compared to how many I see him post asking for help.

I understand the reasons why he "ignores" somebody...when they are not fulfilling the simple expectations of the site... I usually try to help out some of the new guys before Grits can get to them...I just refer them to the following link

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=41855

TS sums it up well as to what is expected when you post a new topic on the board.

As far as all of the smart ass comments that he posts...here are a couple of the most common questions and responses that I have seen...(other than the ignore posts)

Q.Take a look at our rosters...Which team will win this weekend?

A."the team that scores the most points will win"...is just a sarcastic way of saying..."this is a wasted post, because you cannot change your opponent's lineup...just put your best players in and hope for the best, and I'm not gonna stroke you to make you feel better about your game"

Q.I am down by xx pts, and have xxxxx going, do I have a chance?

A."If your players end up scoring more points than his you will win"...is just a sarcastic way of saying..."this is a wasted post, your lineups are set, and I'm not gonna stroke you to make you feel better about your game"

I do agree that the "ignore posts" did get a little annoying to read. These guys obviously did something to get there...but I don't think that they have to be constantly reminded about it. They know not to expect any input from Grits, and that should be punishment enough.

All in all, Grits has experience, and his input will be missed in this forum. Maybe instead of sending emails to the admin of the boards...the ignored posters should have tried to figure out why, and try to redeem themselves...

Question for you, Grits...Once somebody makes it into your sig line, do they have a chance of redeeming themselves to get taken off?

See you next year, Grits...I'm sure you'll be back in full force...

Happy Holidays.

Ben

I have an Idea here guys. How about Grits takes everyone off his ignore list and starts fresh. He could show the administrators tha he has made a good faith effort in changing his ways. Then everyone that was on his ignore list could apologize to Grits for what they did to get on his list in the first place. Then maybe grits could find it in his heart since he is so loved here to stay on this forum. We could then all be one happy Huddle family without the childish stuff. This is really bothering me because I want Grits opinion on something. Do I start Plummer against KC or Brees against Cleveland next week. Brees may be the obvious choice but plummer is going against one of the worst pass defenses? Come on grits--- step up to the plate here and I will be the first to apologize and declare you the man!!!

:angry: As long as your not abusive or offensive you should be able to post what you like. I'm a huge fan of the ignor list, one of the reasons I check in to this forum. I hope Grits can come up with another way to make his presence felt, thanks for all the laughs Grits.

Question for you, Grits...Once somebody makes it into your sig line, do they have a chance of redeeming themselves to get taken off?

609373[/snapback]

Admittedly that was going to be hard for them to do since with them on my ignore list the actual text of their messages was blocked from my view and when I added them to my ignore list I also blocked them from being able to send me PMs.

Somewhere on one of the call out posts I believe I said everybody would probably get a fresh start next year. But now I'm thinking it's time for one of the whinners to step up the plate and fill in next year.