[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

brees pickup up more options?

pokerboss

i know that brees options have been discussed here already, but it seems to me that a few more have opened themselve up in the last week or two.

san diego has made it sound as if they will keep him, but if they let him or franchis/trade him would these two teams now be players for his services?

denver- plummer has a 6 million dollar option for next yr, i believe that is a team option, and the fans arent enamored with him. could he be let go and brees brought in?

tennessee- mcnair retirement talk, not sure whether it holds much weight, although tontite on mnf they did say that he reiterated that he was considering it. would they keep volek as the starter, or could brees be brought in here?

i personally, as a denver fan would love to see him in that offense.

i know that brees options have been discussed here already, but it seems to me that a few more have opened themselve up in the last week or two.

san diego has made it sound as if they will keep him, but if  they let him or franchis/trade him would these two teams now be players for his services?

denver- plummer has a 6 million dollar option for next yr, i believe that is a team option, and the fans arent enamored with him.  could he be let go and brees brought in?

tennessee-  mcnair retirement talk, not sure whether it holds much weight, although tontite on mnf they did say that he reiterated that he was considering it.  would they keep volek as the starter, or could brees be brought in here?

i personally, as a denver fan would love to see him in that offense.

609722[/snapback]

I'm going to say there's an absolute ZERO, ZERO chance that if they traded Brees they'd deal him to a division rival. So don't expect him to be wearing Broncos orange and blue any time soon.

As for Tennesee.. did you see tonight's game at all? Volek looked pretty okay to me...

I think they keep him. If not, Green Bay's an option if Favre quits. Miami's an option, though I think they want to look at Feeley more. Maybe Detroit, if Harrington has really gotten THAT bad. Arizona I think, could be an intriguing option.

I would agree. There's no way they will trade him to a divisional rival. I think he gets the franchise tag and stays in SD one more year.

610624[/snapback]

I am still betting Brees will not be back in SD next year. There is just no way you can take a QB that high in Rivers, pay him that much, and waste two full seasons with him sitting on the bench. Just like Cincy, I bet Rivers is named the starter during the offseason or early preseason and they look to trade Brees.

With the way he is playing, a sign and trade where they can get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him would be a nice option.

If they franchise Brees, I bet he looks like John Kitna looked this season.

And can think of several other teams besides Denver and Tennesee that are hurting much more at QB.....

610684[/snapback]

Agreed! Chicago, Green Bay, Miami, Dallas all seem like better possibilities.

The last few weeks, Brees has looked pretty Breesesque.

I am a Bolt fan, love the kid and hope the best for him. I also think that he is a limited QB and that they should trade him while his value is high.

He does not have great arm strength (underthrew Parker on the long TD, chalk that one up to BLOWN coverage like you rarely see the Bucs do) and he is pretty short for an NFL QB. He may be getting tired, I am not sure, but he does not have the same zip and accuracy he did the last month.

I still think Rivers is the future of the Chargers and hope that Brees keeps up the show to bring in a great trade deal. If they could get a number one and other goodies for him, they would have three #1s next year, and at 23 million under the cap, should be able to do more upgrades across the board.

This is a young team with lots of money available. I think they will be pretty darn good for the next 5 to 7, and Rivers will have the arm to make this team even more dangerous offensively as long as he has "it" between the ears. This is the biggest gamble in the whole equation. How does Rivers develope?

:D

I am still betting Brees will not be back in SD next year.  There is just no way you can take a QB that high in Rivers, pay him that much, and waste two full seasons with him sitting on the bench.  Just like Cincy, I bet Rivers is named the starter during the offseason or early preseason and they look to trade Brees.

With the way he is playing, a sign and trade where they can get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him would be a nice option.

If they franchise Brees, I bet he looks like John Kitna looked this season.

610788[/snapback]

No way the Chargers just let Brees sit on the bench all year the way Kitna has. If they want to commit to their #1 pick Rivers, then they will go ahead and trade Brees sooner than later while his value is highest.

There is NO WAY Brees leaves SD. Everyone has been saying all year that he's gone. I say you're crazy!!

It is so hard to find a good QB, they have found him and SD would be stupid to let him go. Rivers hasn't proven anything on an NFL level. Cap room or not, they will make it happen with Brees.

BTW, I realize the poster wasn't saying Brees is gone for sure, but there are many people who believe he's gone. I don't care how much money they're giving Rivers. If you found a QB who works well in your system, you ride that horse till it dies!

Another thing, many people seem to think Brees is this washed-up veteran who missed his chance. This is only his 4th year in the league and he is only 25 years old. I've read many posts where people refer to him as missing his chance, too old etc... and that's not true. Most QBs take 3-6 years to develop into a top-tier QB. There are not many who have done it in less time.

I'm done. Peace.

Just another reason why unproven rooks (aka Rivers) should not receive such exorbitant paychecks. There is absolutely NO good reason to consider playing Rivers other than money wasting away on the bench.....

Player agents need ***-slapped :D

I'm going to say there's an absolute ZERO, ZERO chance that if they traded Brees they'd deal him to a division rival. So don't expect him to be wearing Broncos orange and blue any time soon.

As for Tennesee.. did you see tonight's game at all? Volek looked pretty okay to me...

I think they keep him. If not, Green Bay's an option if Favre quits. Miami's an option, though I think they want to look at Feeley more. Maybe Detroit, if Harrington has really gotten THAT bad. Arizona I think, could be an intriguing option.

609724[/snapback]

God no!If Brees comes to GB and I have to endure another 10 years of the Bears losing to the Pack I'll shoot myself!

Any chance they would trade Rivers?  I'm sure Brees has better trade value, but it would be a step backwards (possibly only temporary) for SD.

612418[/snapback]

If the Chargers traded Rivers, they would take a big salary-cap hit. The signing-bonus impact, which is prorated through the contract length, would have its whole remaining number counted towards next ear is he was traded.