[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 15

Hugh 0ne

Hugh,

My first post to you concerning your advise...thanks for taking the time to respond I know you are a busy guru. Anyway here is my team:

WR =1pt for each catch +1pt for each 20yrds and 6 for TD

QB = 1pt for every 50yds +6pts for TD+1pt for 20yrds rushing

RB = 1pt for each 20yrds rush or rec + 6pts TD

QB D. Culpepper

WR M. Harrison

WR D. MasonQ

WR D. Driver

RB W. Dunn

RB J. Bettis

TE T. Heap

K A. Vinatieri

DEF Buffalo

Bench:

Boller QB

C. Moore WR (Bal)

Goings RB

B. Franks TE

Patten WR

Graham K

Here are my delimas: I think you would say start Culpepper because you expect the Vikes to bounce back...I have my doubts only because I have seen this team in the past and it seems down the stretch they are terrible. They are at Detroit and last year Culpepper had I think 1 td and 180-190yrds. He really had not had a great game against the Lions for some time...perhaps your memory is better :D Thus my problem, do I go with Boller and how bad the colts secondary can be or Culpepper on the road against a team he has never really had a great game against?

My other two delimas are Mason and Driver. Mason is Q due to his ankle and it seems that Berlin and Bennett are the real targets rather than Mason. Plus with his ankle he doesnt seem to be a deep threat unless his little foot is feeling better. Patten may be a better option here I dont know. Driver...well maybe he is not such a delima...Walker has been on the down slide, but you never know about Farve and who is gonna get the majority of throws. I picked up C. Moore as Bollers possible connection, but I am not totally sure this is a good idea.

Other than those problems I feel pretty good unless you see something you'd like to mention. Thanks Hugh...appreciate the help.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh, got another one for ya.

RB issues! Need 2.

A. Green vs. Jax (tough D, but they'll be usin' him big time)

D. Davis vs. Chi (tough D, but he's the only weapon that's been workin')

O. Smith vs. Det (solid matchup, getting the reps)

Leaning towards benching my #1 draft pick, Green. Thoughts?

Thanks. :D

Hi Hugh,

I need a little help at receiver this week which is Round Two of the Playoffs. Scoring is 1 pt for every ten yards, 6 for TD, 5 pt bonus for 100 yards receiving. WDIS

Terrell Owens vs DAL (No Brainer)

Issac Bruce vs ARZ (Has been great all year but since Chandler became the QB only caught five passes in two games)

Joey Porter vs TEN (Has played better recently and TEN got torched last week)

Joey Galloway vs NO (Has played good the last two weeks but has a groin problem)

Thanks in advance

1 more question if oyu have the time. Culpepper is my 1st QB and I start two in my league, my options are:

Volek

Ramsey

Kitna

J. McCown

I am leaning towards Volek, but have heard a few nice possibilities with the other 3. What are your thoughts and who would you start as a 2nd QB. THanks again.

Hugh,

I need to start 2 of the following RB's in a standard performance scoring...1 point for 10 yards rushed/received, 6 points for TD

Goings vs Falcons Defense that has allowed 4 straight 100 yard rushers

Droughns vs KC defense thats bad (but Bell may take carries)

Tomlinson vs Cleveland (no brainer here)

Pittman vs New Orleans horrible defense

R Johnson vs Bills least favorable matchup.

I am leaning towards LT and Pittman. What do you think.

Also

here is the rest of my line up

Griese ----- Benching Brady

A Johnson ----- Benching Kennison

J Walker ----- Benching Branch

Whitten ----- Benching Putzier

Longwell ---- Benching K Brown

Ravens

If you see any other changes please let me know!

Thanks!!!

Edited by T-Scorp

Big Hugh! Hows it going man? Im coming off the bye in my playoffs and need your help this week. Im not sure about who to start for my WR. Here we go...

Andre Johnson @ Chi (Hi. My names David Carr and I only throw to my RBs)

Javon Walker vs. Jax (Hot first half but has cooled off. Donald has reastablished himself and Favre seems to like him more)

Ashley Lelie @ KC (If Drew Bennett can burn the Chiefs, Lelie can too but only getting 2 or 3 catches will hurt him.

Thanks a lot Hugh. I have McGahee @ Cincy, LT @ Cle, Pittman vs. NO, and Manning vs. Bal so hopefully my WR position won't even matter :D

Well, since your offering.....

Standard performance scoring

need 2 RBs

Pittman

L. Johnson

J. Jones

J. Lewis/C. Taylor (I have both, so whoever starts)

Also need 2 WRs

B. Stokley

D. Jackson

L. Coles

T. Houshmandzadeh

Any thoughts????

Hey Hugh

pick 2

Clayton Vs NO

Jimmy Smith @ GB

POrter vs Tits

im leaning clayton and smith but am thinking porter is a nice play if the weather is atrocious in GB which right now it is redicted to be.

my tougher decision is which D to play.  Falcons D vs Panthers, Bills @ cincy or zona vs st louis.  I could also pick up the rams D still.  the bills have been the strongest D the last month but have the toughest matchup on the road.  falcons d will do ok i think but nothing special.  zona d could be the call but can I really trust zona to step up for me when it counts?  I have serious doubts.  thoughts?

613252[/snapback]

Clayton and Smith are the way to go.

Bills. Play the best and hottest defense.

Hugh,I found myself in a pickel

Larry Johnson vs Denver or

Jerome Bettis vs NYG

They have both  rec'd the nod for sole starter and I am torn.

I need to pick one and only one. We get 6 for TD's and 1 point for every 10 yards thats it.

614785[/snapback]

I also have Julius Jones vs Philly or Rudi

Hugh, please pick 3 of the following. Can be all 3 RB's or 2 RB's and a QB

Pennington vs Seattle

Goings @ Car

Tiki vs. Pitt

Droughns/Bell vs KC

We get points for carries and receptions and completions. Receptions are huge in our league. I know it is screwy as all he11 but it's different and I like it. Here's a quick synopsis of our scoring.

Rec = 3 pts

Carry = 1 pt

Completion = 1 pt

10 yds rush/rec. = 1 pt

20 yds pass = 1 pt

Pass TD = 4 pts

Rec/Rush TD = 6 pts

Generally speaking RB's outscore QB's but I'm struggling to decide who to start. Thanks for the help.

hey Hugh...

thanks for the help the past few weeks...really helped

its crunch time now...

Pittman vs NO

L.Johnson vs Den

J.Lewis vs Ind

J.Jones vs Phi

N.Goings vs Atl

S.Jackson vs Ari

need 3 of them...

im thinking Johnson and Pittman...Johnson was just named starter...he's hot...

im torn between the others...

Help !

Thanks in advance

You rock

613281[/snapback]

Pittman is good. Jamal Lewis is good. J. Jones is good.

L. Johnson is decent. N. Goings is decent. S. Jackson is decent.

They actually all have upside. Start the top 3. Denver is good against the run, so I'd keep LJ on the bench for now.

Dude!!! Truly didn't expect to thrown' you a line this week.  Who'd a thought that Holt and CJ would have great games and that Brown would have a great 28 minutes. Didn't hurt that J Jones had some difficulty with the 'Aint's. Anyway, back at it again this week. RB are the flavor of the day, picked up L Johnson as FA so I actually have more choice this week. Fairly standard performance scoring with extra points for length of TD.

Current RB roster is:

C Brown v Oak

M Pittman v NO

T Jones v Hou

L Johnson v Den

L Suggs (oh never mind even though it is almost Christmas)

I am currently considering the combo of Pittman and Johnson, but Pittman is starting to struggle a bit (like last year after 7 ot 8 games as a starter) and even though it is the 'Aint's. Jones could have good game in the snow of the windy city and it is alway tough the rule out Brown even if he only plays a half. I'm pretty well sold on LJ, KC offensive line is too good, they ate up Denver in game one on the road, I think the home cookin' and Johnson first start are recipe for success. As always your thought's are revered and appreciated?

Off to Colorado with the family for the holidays next week (actually get to see some white stuff) so probably won't be seeking the insight of "The Soothsayer" regardless of this weeks out come. Have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

613343[/snapback]

If Brown is one of those gametime decisions which will result in a half of playing time, you have to bench him and start LJ and Pittman. If Brown looks good, I'd favor him over the unproven LJ against a very solid Broncos rushing defense.

Have a great Christmas. :D

Hugh the Guru,

I start my FFL playoffs this weekend and need some help on WDIS as my #2 RB (as always  :D ) and also my #3 WR. My entire roster is listed below. At this point, I am starting DD (vs. CHI) and JJ (vs. PHI), for the simple fact that DD has been a fantasy point machine for me the last few weeks and JJ has been solid. I'm not sure if SJax is starting this week and how much playing time he'll get, and I'm a little gunshy about Jamal because he hasn't exactly 'exploded' this year if you know what I mean (but he has a nice matchup vs. Indy). And on my wideouts I have Horn, DJax and Boldin. I hate sitting Ward but I see PIT running the ball all day and that means zippo out of the passing game. Am I on the right track with these starts? Or should I switch it up? Thanks as always with your sound advice  B)

Bulger, Marc STL QB

Rattay, Tim SFO QB

Davis, Domanick HOU

Green, William CLE

Jackson, Steven STL

Jones, Julius DAL

Taylor, Chester BAL

Boldin, Anquan ARI

Horn, Joe NOS

Jackson, Darrell SEA

Johnson, Keyshawn DAL

Ward, Hines PIT 

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Gates, Antonio SDC

Longwell, Ryan GBP

Cardinals, Arizona ARI

Lewis, Jamal BAL

613384[/snapback]

I might consider Lewis over J. Jones, but I'd have to wait and see to make sure he's 100%. WR's are the right ones. :D

Hey, Hugh.  Been checking your advice for a few weeks now.  Must say you7're as solid as they come.  I need to start 6 of the following (minimum of 2 at a position). Scoring is the same; points for yards and length of TD. I won this past week even though I sat Holt and LJ. Alexander is a must start. I would also lean toward Holt and KJ. How about the others?

Alexander @ Jets

DD @ Chi

Goings @ Atl

Kevin Jones vs Min

LJ vs Den

S. Jackson @ Ari (assuming he plays)

Holt @ Ari

Ji. Smith @ GB

An. Johnson @ Chi

Moulds @ Cin

613389[/snapback]

Start 2 WR's and 4 RB's. Start Holt and Smith at WR. Start DD, KJ, Alexander and LJ at RB. Goings is a nice option as well, but I don't like the matchup.

1) Should I give Roy Williams a 4th chance against a Winfield-less Vikings secondary?

2) Should I start 'broken-nosed' Burleson over Rudi?

3) I assume Thomas Jones is still not start-able.

4) The Seahawks don't have an easy matchup this weekend, I intend to drop J.Brown. How does Kasay sound?

Thank yugh!

613405[/snapback]

1) Until Harrington stops sucking ass and Williams produces again, NO!

2) Absolutely not!

3) You can start him if you're happy with 50 yards rushing.

4) He's a better option than Brown this week.

OK Hugh One

Thanks for your advice last week. I went with Volek on a gamble and put Hicks in in lieu of Barber. Ended up working real well last week. Here are my options. I've ranked them based upon what I'm thinking I'll go with. Just looking for another opinion.

RB Choose 3

Goings

Deuce

Portis

Barber

Hicks

QB Choose 1

Volek

Brees

Kicker Choose 1

Stover

Akers

Def Choose 1

Buffalo

Indy

Playing team with McNabb, Owens, Muhammad, MRob, Dillon, LT2, Pittman, Gates, Wilkins, PittD. What are my chances. First round of playoffs?

613410[/snapback]

Goings, McAllister and Portis.

Volek.

Akers.

Buffalo.