[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees Collapsing

Rovers

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Despite a 44-39 record, New York pulled within 3½ games of Boston, the closest the Yankees have been to the AL East lead since the morning of April 23.

869427[/snapback]

Wow, I haven't yet heard why, but Mike and the Mad Dog are talking right now as if Wang is out for the season. If so, that would be a huge blow to the Yankees.

Wow, I haven't yet heard why, but Mike and the Mad Dog are talking right now as if Wang is out for the season.  If so, that would be a huge blow to the Yankees.

879222[/snapback]

There's a "Wang is out" and "huge blow" joke in there somewhere... but I'll let someone else take it.

Wow, I haven't yet heard why, but Mike and the Mad Dog are talking right now as if Wang is out for the season.  If so, that would be a huge blow to the Yankees.

879222[/snapback]

A guy I work with has a buddy that works in the Yanks' lockerroom - he confirmed that Wang is likely out for the year.

It would be nice to see the Yanks not even make the playoffs, but almost more satisfying to see them lose in the 1st round.  :D

884371[/snapback]

Must be different to persue the negatives in life! :doah:

Who gives a rats ass about the Yanks.  They will never win a WS with Arod on their roster.  Jeter is not what he once was. Arod is cancer, Giambi is on a nice tear, but he will fade.  The SP and bullpen outside of Rivera is terrible at best, but the bats have been rocking, which never lasts.  To win you must have quality pitching and the yanks have Rivera and maybe Unit that can be called quality, nothing more.  For the die hard Spankee fan who thinks Lieter is the answer is an idiot. 

BTW, I hate the Yanks and the fact they spend so much money with revenue other teams dont have because of the market they play in.  But as you have noticed, they can buy the Arods, Sheffields, Units - by buying Vasquez as trade bait, Giambis and whoever else is to come, but the farm system is bare, the real yanks like Bernie, Posada and Jeter are reaching the end, and Rivera can't pitch the other 8 ings.

885074[/snapback]

Looks like you care enough to give your two cents...

With everything that you mentioned being true about their pitching and age of thier team, that makes thier little comeback that much more impressive!

Must be different to persue the negatives in life! :doah:

884725[/snapback]

Well I have been a Astros fan all of my life if that gives you any idea of my frustration level. I just wish they could have signed Beltran, resigned Kent, Wagner, W. Miller, etc... Not enough cash though if you're not one of the top 2-3 markets. :D