[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting Dilema! Need your Expertise? PLEASE!

I am an a dilema of what position(RB,QB,WR) should i choose with my first 4 picks.

This is a 12 man league(non auction/keeper league)

My league must start (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1PK/1DEF/1NFL TEAM)

I Have the #1 and #2 Overall Picks in the 1st round (this is standard draft not serpentine/auction). In the 2nd round i have 13th pick and in the 3rd round i have the 25th and 26th picks. But i have no 4th or 8th picks.(and can u believe i picked up this guys 1 and 3 round picks last yr in mid season all for jamal lewis) He ended up 2nd to last afterall that and that is how i got first and 2nd overall picks ,just in case anybody was wondering how i managed those picks.

I AM LOOKING AT USING ON OF THESE OPTIONS .I KNOW I WILL BE TAKING LT #1 OVERALL

1st round RB/RB

2nd rnd WR

3rd rnd RB/WR/TE (EITHER OR)

Or

1) RB/QB

2) RB

3) WR/TE (EITHER or)

Or

1) RB/RB

2) RB

3)WR/WR/TE

LEAGUE RULES:

QB/TE/WR/RB/PK: 1 pts for every 50 yds PASSING

QB/TE: 1 pts for every 10 yds rushing/recieving

WR/RB:1 pts for every 20 yds rushing/recieving

OFF/DEF TOUCHDOWNS= 6PTS

FIELD GOAL/EXTRA PT= 1 Pnt

SAFTIES/FUMBLE REC: 2 Pnts

TEAM VICTORY(Must choose one head coach)= 5 Pnts

(THESE BONUS POINTS AFFECT ALL POSITIONS) ______________________________________________________________

PASSING BONUS: Bonus1 3 pts for reaching 300 / Bonus2 2pts for reaching 350/ Bonus3 2pts for reaching 400

RUSHING BONUS: Bonus1 3 pts for reaching 100/ Bonus2 2pts for reaching 150 / Bonus3 2pts for reaching 200

RECIEVING BONUS: Bonus1 3 pts for reaching 100/ 2pts for reaching 150/ 2pts for reaching 200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERCEPTED/FUMBLES LOST: -2

EXTRA POINTS: 2PT RUSH/REC/PASS: +2 [/b]

Edited by sac_intimidators

Option#1:

Go LT and Manning with the first two picks. With the 13th pick I'd take the best RB on the board (Dillon, Rudi, JJ, Barber...possibly even Lewis will still be available). With the 25th and 26th picks I'd go WRs. By the 3rd round, about 20 RBs with have been picked (on average) meaning you would still end up with 2 Top 10 WRs.

Option#2:

Go LT and Alexander with 1 and 2. With the 13th, Manning would most likely be gone but there is a good chance CPep will still be there (especially when you take the best 2 RBs in the league...people will be scrambling for RBs). Then with the 25th and 26th picks take WRs like mentioned above.

Option #3:

Go LT and Alexander. With the 13th take Moss or TO (I'd be surprised if both were taken by 13). With the 25th and 26th go QB/WR. You'd probably end up with McNabb, Green or Bulger at QB (although in some mocks CPep is still available at 25 :D but I wouldn't plan on it) and still end up with another top WR.

Personally...I'd shoot for Option#2 with #3 as a backup plan (If CPep is already taken). Either way you'd end up with the best 2 RBs in the league, a couple top 10 WRs and a top 5 QB. Just giving some options.

good luck

Option#1:

Go LT and Manning with the first two picks.  With the 13th pick I'd take the best RB on the board (Dillon, Rudi, JJ, Barber...possibly even Lewis will still be available).  With the 25th and 26th picks I'd go WRs.  By the 3rd round, about 20 RBs with have been picked (on average) meaning you would still end up with 2 Top 10 WRs.

895103[/snapback]

Good info Haskel. I like this option best.

Option#1:

Go LT and Manning with the first two picks.  With the 13th pick I'd take the best RB on the board (Dillon, Rudi, JJ, Barber...possibly even Lewis will still be available).  With the 25th and 26th picks I'd go WRs.  By the 3rd round, about 20 RBs with have been picked (on average) meaning you would still end up with 2 Top 10 WRs.

Option#2:

Go LT and Alexander with 1 and 2.  With the 13th, Manning would most likely be gone but there is a good chance CPep will still be there (especially when you take the best 2 RBs in the league...people will be scrambling for RBs).  Then with the 25th and 26th picks take WRs like mentioned above.

Option #3:

Go LT and Alexander.  With the 13th take Moss or TO (I'd be surprised if both were taken by 13).  With the 25th and 26th go QB/WR.  You'd probably end up with McNabb, Green or Bulger at QB (although in some mocks CPep is still available at 25 :D but I wouldn't plan on it) and still end up with another top WR.

Personally...I'd shoot for Option#2 with #3 as a backup plan (If CPep is already taken).  Either way you'd end up with the best 2 RBs in the league, a couple top 10 WRs and a top 5 QB.  Just giving some options.

good luck

895103[/snapback]

Excellent thoughts. I'd go for #1, since the dropoff after Manning is much greater than the dropoff after LT.

LT/Manning/Jones would be devastating.

Option#1:

Option#2:

Go LT and Alexander with 1 and 2.  With the 13th, Manning would most likely be gone but there is a good chance CPep will still be there (especially when you take the best 2 RBs in the league...people will be scrambling for RBs).  Then with the 25th and 26th picks take WRs like mentioned above.

Option #3:

Go LT and Alexander.  With the 13th take Moss or TO (I'd be surprised if both were taken by 13).  With the 25th and 26th go QB/WR.  You'd probably end up with McNabb, Green or Bulger at QB (although in some mocks CPep is still available at 25 :D but I wouldn't plan on it) and still end up with another top WR.

Personally...I'd shoot for Option#2 with #3 as a backup plan (If CPep is already taken).  Either way you'd end up with the best 2 RBs in the league, a couple top 10 WRs and a top 5 QB.  Just giving some options.

good luck

895103[/snapback]

Nice problem to have, option 1 looks good.

Edited by sarge5121976

Option #2.

As much as I agonize over taking Manning high... I just don't think you can pass up the opportunity to grab the two best RB's in the NFL when they are available.

895451[/snapback]

How about this Haskel guy though. Hope he'll reply to one or two of mine this year.

How about this Haskel guy though.  Hope he'll reply to one or two of mine this year.

895575[/snapback]

If I am lucky he will reply to a couple of mine too.... seems to think about it before posting. Can't beat that.

After looking closely at you scoring and the bonuses you get. I would lean toward option three laid out so well by Haskel.

I say this because Getting the two RB's are going to get you the bonus points from two spots almost every single week.

The top flight WR will get you the bonus points there.

Then you get a solid QB and WR with the next two picks. A Trent Green, Mark Bulger type Qb will get you the bonus points and the quality of the WR you get at this spot will still be right there with the Moss level WR.

This way after your first 5 picks you have the two best RB, probably one of the top 3 WR, a top 5 Qb is very likely and your WR 2 is more than likely a top 10 WR Tjis leaves you looking for a 2nd tier WR and a backup RB at a spot wher most teams are still trying to fill starting spots and you are left with the best top end of the starting lineup.

Option#1:

Option#2:

good luck

895103[/snapback]

I could roll with either one of these with Option #1 seeming to be the best! i don't reall see how you could go wrong with either especially with the possiablity of being able to get Alexander, LT & Cpapper!

Option#1:

895103[/snapback]

Yup, very good info here ... :D

It appears that all offensive td's are 6 pts which means the dropoff from Manning to others goes up. I am not under the impression he will have quite as many as last year ... it certainly it a possibility but not probable. With passing td's going up to 6pts I say #1 is the best choice. If they were only 4pts ... then I would debate between option #2 and #3 ... I would not consider #1 any longer.

Although I would also think about getting Gonzo or Gates in the 3rd round if you could. Depending on what WR's are left. They might be a better option. There is a great dropoff in points after them since you have to start a TE. I never like the idea of not having a top 5 WR ... but this way you could end up with #1 RB, #1 QB, #1 TE, Top 10 RB, Top 10 WR in the first 3 rounds. That sounds pretty good to me.

dirty weasel your point is correct i will be and am changing my decions every day on what i will do. I will continue to do the same till draft day probably.

Haskel your thoughts are very thought out and want to thank you u for taking the time out for replying to my post.

lynch i liked your post as well.

I have used the RB theory the past four years and was having a very hard time decided who to take with the second pick overall after i take LT w/ the first but, now that S.Alexaunder has signed his 1yr contract. i have made up my mind . i will probably be using the same method again.

i understand the drop off after manning, however i don't feel manning will produce same TD's as last yr. His Schedule is a harder this year. also how could i not take the best two RB's overall and still have a chance in getting manning in second because this is not a serpentine draft. I know how my buddys pick and have reviewed all the drafts in last 3yrs and they all go for RB first and if i take the top 2 i feel they will follow.

i could end up with LT,S.Alexaunder,manning or culpepper, and then torry holt and chad johnson. wouldn't that be nice

That is another thing, you said that you know how your buddies draft. If they usually go RB in the 1st and you have set the tone by going RB-RB they might feel forced to take a RB. This could leave you with Manning falling in your lap.

I am not as sold on Culpepper without Moss in town though, I think that there will be a down swing in his numbers this year. If you can't get Manning in the second round I still suggest getting, one of this group; Moss, TO, Harrison, Holt.

With your next two picks if you went WR, TO is reporting to camp, as is Javon Walker, this takes some questions out of the draft. The big holdout worries are pretty much gone. This should give you a shot at Chad Johnson or Javon Walker. If Manning falls to you in the second then you grab the two best WR that you can and laugh all the way to the title.

Like I said you are left looking for backups when others are reaching for starters.

Don't talk to anyone about what you are planning to do, listen to see if anyone tips there cards to you. Possibly float the idea that you are interested in moving out of one of those picks, just to see how much people are worried about your plans, someone might be willing to give way too much to move up and that will show that they will panic and follow your lead in the draft.

i agree lynch on culcepper i am a little skeptical on picking him up since moss is gone.

there is only one other person i will have to worry about that may have an even team like my self is a buddy of my he is picking 8picks by the 5th round while i will have 6 picks by the 5th round. but i will have the best two rb's in the league.

thanks for your insight!!!! and can't wait to draft.