[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decker or Thomas

Papajohn

If Manning goes down some time during the year? There's a decent chance you won't be starting either guy as a FF owner. Osweiler is no where near ready, and Caleb Hanie would be third string or lower in MIA. That should factor into your FF rankings somehow.

Is Osweiler looking any better as the Broncos just cut Hanie?

Thomas looks better

It's one game

Decker didnt get that many looks, while Thomas did. Wonder if this is because of the Steelers D and their lack of Clark, or actually Manning now prefers Thomas over Decker?

It's one game

Manning throws to whoever is open and what the def gives him they will both have good games throughout the season

I have Thomas in a ppr league and still believe Decker is a better play in a ppr league whereas Thomas has the bigger play ability. I wanted Decker but he was drafted way before I would of liked so I took Thomas and use him as a flex.

Honestly I don't think either will disappoint, but Thomas will have the edge in the redzone.

Decker didnt get that many looks, while Thomas did. Wonder if this is because of the Steelers D and their lack of Clark, or actually Manning now prefers Thomas over Decker?

So, that's just innaccurate.

Decker got 7 targets for 5 catches and 54 yards.

Thomas got 7 targets for 5 catches and 110 yards and a TD

Thomas had the one big play and that makes all the difference in there stat line.

I did think Decker had a chance to hall in his one endzone target, but the defender made a good play on the ball and it would have been a difficult catch.

Decker does need a little more volume for him to be the PPR stud many of us thought he'd be. I was more worried about how much work Tamme got than how much DT got in affecting Decker's value.

As a Thomas (and McGahee) owner I was happy to see the DEN offense playing well. There will be plenty of fantasy points to go around on this team. Peyton looked pretty good considering his year off and all the surgeries. He was saying after the game that he's still doing therapy and is not 100% yet.

DEN looked a whole lot better last night than I've given them credit for. Nice balance between the run and the pass, Manning staying within himself and not forcing the ball deep. The D looked a lot better at times too - but I can't help but wonder if the PIT O-line had something to do with that. PIT looks like they might be in for a real struggle all year.

Bear in mind that the steelers controlled the ball for the majority of the first three quarters. Alot of dink and dunk passes kept them on the field and kept Manning and company off. The steelers kept them off for over 50 mins straight going into midway of the 3rd quarter. For the amount of time Denver had possession I think they did well. Just imagine what will happen when the opposing teams have minimal time of possession. That no-huddle offense looks very good... reminds me of someone that I used to know.

Thomas 1, Decker 0

Stay tuned.

This is exactly why Thomas will occasionally outplay Decker, and we will see instances in the future where Decker will catch 10 balls and finish off ahead of Thomas. The point is, I think this game showed that they're pretty equal even though Thomas came out on top this Sunday (and I'm glad I own him). To me, they're both a great WR3 (ok/good WR2) play on FF rosters and hopefully you got them late enough in the draft for good value.

Is Osweiler looking any better as the Broncos just cut Hanie?

Per Rotoworld:

Broncos re-signed QB Caleb Hanie.

The Broncos just released Hanie on Saturday, but always intended to bring him back after Week 1. The maneuver prevents Hanie's 2012 salary from becoming guaranteed. It's unclear if Hanie or rookie Brock Osweiler is Peyton Manning's primary backup, but our best guess would be Hanie.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Sep 10 - 3:39 PM