[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

US Soccer

justin

The failure at 2006 World Cup is still fresh in our minds, but the new "era" is underway. The new coach started off international play with a win a few weeks back against Denmark. Tonight's match against Mexico is bigger though as the two rivals play for the first time in over two years. The US squad has some of its superstars back from Europe and I am looking forward to the match.

Will anyone else be watching?

The failure at 2006 World Cup is still fresh in our minds, but the new "era" is underway. The new coach started off international play with a win a few weeks back against Denmark. Tonight's match against Mexico is bigger though as the two rivals play for the first time in over two years. The US squad has some of its superstars back from Europe and I am looking forward to the match.

What station is it on?

All of Mexico, and most of Texas.

I'm waiting to see who the USNT hires as coach. Eriksson or Klinsmann would be the most interesting choices.

I'm waiting to see who the USNT hires as coach. Eriksson or Klinsmann would be the most interesting choices.

I think Bob Bradley will be the US coach for the next few years. Klinsmann has already said that it's not going to work out with him coaching the US and has been most recently linked to rumors about taking over as the Australia team coach. I can't see any situation in which Eriksson would be the US coach.

Edited by justin

does anyone know if david beckham plans on becoming a us citizen? so he can play on our team.

Once you've played a competitive match for a country at senior level (World Cup qualification etc, not a friendly) then you can't switch countries. He may get citizenship, but can't play on the national team. I'm pretty sure that Ronaldinho was getting Spanish citizenship but wouldn't be allowed to play for Espana.

I think Bob Bradley will be the US coach for the next few years. Klinsmann has already said that it's not going to work out with him coaching the US and has been most recently linked to rumors about taking over as the Australia team coach. I can see any situation in which Eriksson would be the US coach.

Eriksson is jobless, and has met with Gulati. I hadn't read where Klinsmann out and out turned the job down. I thought it was more like a "not now" kind of deal.

Bradley seems stop-gap to me. Kind of like Scott Simpson was until the team started jelling under his toutelege.

ESPN2 at 9pm EST. The match is being played in Arizona (at Cards stadium) at 7pm MT.

Who won the game? It wasn't until just recently that I started to get somewhat interested in Soccer. But hopefully the US Soccer team can improve to a reputable team in the future, and not just in the U.S. but in the world.

Who won the game? It wasn't until just recently that I started to get somewhat interested in Soccer. But hopefully the US Soccer team can improve to a reputable team in the future, and not just in the U.S. but in the world.

USA 2

MEX 0

Mexico are sore losers ...no handshakes after the game ( which has now been going on for a while ) amd after the s 2nd goal , mexican goalie went out of his way to slide tackle and tried to kick one of the american players

Mexico hates losing to us and its wonderful when they do

Mexico are sore losers ...no handshakes after the game ( which has now been going on for a while ) amd after the s 2nd goal , mexican goalie went out of his way to slide tackle and tried to kick one of the american players

Mexico hates losing to us and its wonderful when they do

Mexico has a grossly overrated opinion of itself as a soccer power. Despite their fanaticism for the game, they're actually pretty crappy at it.