[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Generator System

Hugh 0ne

Well, since my basement flooded, I have repaired all the damage, and added a new sump pump system. I went from 1 pump with 1/3 HP and one line going out of the house and into a French Drain at the back of the property, to 2 pumps, 1/2 HP each, and 4 lines leaving the house. So I have plenty of capacity. The only way I'd have a problem is if we lose power and I'm not home. If I'm home, I have a gas powered generator that will do the trick. However, having busted my ass getting everything re-done and done right, I'm going to put in a bullet proof system. I'm adding a Natural Gas Generator with an auto transfer system, so if the power fails, this will automatically start, and I can run pretty much everything in the house on it.

Here's my question: The unit I'm looking at is a Generac Watchdog Standby Generator, and the capacity is 13kW. Anyone have any experience with these units? Thoughts? Suggestions? Things to do/not do? I'm having an electrician do the wiring.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

My dad has a 35KW CAT generator for his house and boat house. It kicks on automatically, and you don't even see the lights flicker. The only way you know it has kicked on is if you go outside, and you can hear it. He has had it for about 4 or 5 years.

Anyone have any experience with these units? Thoughts? Suggestions? Things to do/not do? I'm having an electrician do the wiring.

Thanks in advance.

1. Nope

2. "Man my lunch was great today, I love chicken gyros"; "I need a new job"

3. You should get that rash looked at

4. DO get plenty of fiber in your diet, DO NOT eat a lot before a marathon

Your Welcome

Well, since my basement flooded, I have repaired all the damage, and added a new sump pump system. I went from 1 pump with 1/3 HP and one line going out of the house and into a French Drain at the back of the property, to 2 pumps, 1/2 HP each, and 4 lines leaving the house.

When a french drain gets overrun by water, does it give up?

$2,500? Wow, back when I was looking at them, the cheapest I found has $5,000.

I'm guessing that doesn't include installation?

Nope, just the unit. But mah house ain't a mansion like what you got, so you might need a bigger unit, depending on what you want to power.