[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CIN RB Kenny Irons

The Irish Doggy

DETROIT - The biggest casualty of the Bengals' 27-26 loss here in Thursday night's preseason opener could be rookie running back Kenny Irons.

The fear is that Irons suffered a season-ending knee injury on just the fourth carry of his career and that would be a devastating blow to the Bengals' bid to inject some outside speed into the backfield.

Head coach Marvin Lewis called the injury "significant," and no one seems to be encouraged by what a Friday MRI is going to show. Irons left Ford Field on crutches and his left knee heavily wrapped, bringing to mind sharp images of another preseason game in Detroit 12 years ago when Ki-Jana Carter tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee on the third carry of his career.

Detroit is a cursed city for Bengal RBs.

The first thing I thought of when he went down was ACL and Ki-Jana, but then he got up and seemed OK on the cart.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Man that's too bad. :D

He's one of the young kids that I thought would make an immediate impact. Found himself in a surprisingly good situation in Cincy, and now this. I hate it when rookies get hurt before they even get a chance to prove themselves.

Looks like Iron's out for the year, torn ACL.

Bengals RB Kenny Irons will miss his rookie season with a torn ACL.

The second-rounder from Auburn was hurt in the team's exhibition opener. This is good news for Rudi Johnson, who figured to lose some carries to the shifty Irons. Kenny Watson should have the third-down back job locked up, while Quincy Wilson now has a shot to be Cincinnati's No. 3 runner.

Link

Man that's too bad. :D

He's one of the young kids that I thought would make an immediate impact. Found himself in a surprisingly good situation in Cincy, and now this. I hate it when rookies get hurt before they even get a chance to prove themselves.

Nice. And the first casualty of the early drating in the BOTH Ladder is me. :wacko: I feel bad for this kid and my Ladder team. :D When's the first time we can pick up free agents?

Edited by TDFFFreak

Yup....it was real important the draft got done this early.

What's done is done. This could have happened to anyone and for whatever reason we started this draft now. We all did it so it was on an equal playing field. If the Ladder was a bigger $$$ league, I would not have agreed to draft this early.

Edited by TDFFFreak