[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett Favre's sister is cooking meth?

bpwallace49

Brett Favre's sister arrested at Diamondhead meth lab

Posted: Jan 12, 2011 12:50 PM CST

Updated: Jan 12, 2011 4:25 PM CST

MS (WLOX) - The younger sister of football great Brett Favre was among those arrested at the site of a meth lab in Diamondhead Wednesday.

Hancock County narcotics agents uncovered the active meth lab at a condo complex off Golf Club Drive. Seven of the units were evacuated.

Investigators said they spotted a drug buy in progress at a gas station at the front of Diamondhead. Those suspects then led deputies back to the meth lab location.

Five people found inside the condo were arrested, but officials haven't yet detailed who faces what charges. Those arrested are:

David Logan

Marty Grimes

Brandi Favre

I'M A TOOL Wynn III

Alicia Kirkland

The suspects were taken to Hancock Medical Center for decontamination before being taken to lockup. A Hazmat team is clearing out the chemicals from the condo unit.

Hancock County Reporter Al Showers will have updates on the story later today on WLOX News and WLOX.com

Copyright 2011 WLOX. All rights reserved.

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13831137

:wacko: That sucks . . . meth is bad bad news.

Essentially unrelated, but a very cool story pertaining to meth and coke addicts. My wife has been working for Duke as a writer, basically interviewing doctors and researchers and writing stories about what they're working on for the website and other publications they produce. Some are pretty boring stories, but others are downright fascinating.

Here's one on curing meth and coke addicts. It turns out, if you take riddlin (or something just like it) and then follow that up exactly 3 hours later with a drug typically used to reduce nausea. And you do that every day for 2-3 weeks, the physical and psychological cravings for drugs like meth and coke completely go away.

She explained it to me last night. Apparently, the riddilin gives you a toned down feeling of euphoria that these sorts dig. Then, 3 hours later, just as it is beginning to wear off, this other drug chemically chips away at the physiological memory blocks that your body has for this dependency.

The problem is, with druggies, they can't be sure they're going to stick around long enough to take the second dose and it's too expensive to commit them to clinics to monitor the progress. The good news is that both drugs involved have gone generic so they're both cheap as hell. What these guys have done is employ a drug company to make a pill that has a highly coated time-release dosage of the second drug. That way, you just take one pill and everything takes care of itself.

Right now, they're testing the efficacy of the combo drug on members of Trosa, which is a company who employs ex-cons and reformed drug addicts. Not sure what they're going to learn by working with people who have already kicked. Maybe, because they're off drugs but are still tempted, they can measure some neurological change in terms of cravings.

Could be really cool if it all works out

Essentially unrelated, but a very cool story pertaining to meth and coke addicts. My wife has been working for Duke as a writer, basically interviewing doctors and researchers and writing stories about what they're working on for the website and other publications they produce. Some are pretty boring stories, but others are downright fascinating.

Here's one on curing meth and coke addicts. It turns out, if you take riddlin (or something just like it) and then follow that up exactly 3 hours later with a drug typically used to reduce nausea. And you do that every day for 2-3 weeks, the physical and psychological cravings for drugs like meth and coke completely go away.

She explained it to me last night. Apparently, the riddilin gives you a toned down feeling of euphoria that these sorts dig. Then, 3 hours later, just as it is beginning to wear off, this other drug chemically chips away at the physiological memory blocks that your body has for this dependency.

The problem is, with druggies, they can't be sure they're going to stick around long enough to take the second dose and it's too expensive to commit them to clinics to monitor the progress. The good news is that both drugs involved have gone generic so they're both cheap as hell. What these guys have done is employ a drug company to make a pill that has a highly coated time-release dosage of the second drug. That way, you just take one pill and everything takes care of itself.

Right now, they're testing the efficacy of the combo drug on members of Trosa, which is a company who employs ex-cons and reformed drug addicts. Not sure what they're going to learn by working with people who have already kicked. Maybe, because they're off drugs but are still tempted, they can measure some neurological change in terms of cravings.

Not sure if prescribing another drug to combat the effects of drug is really the answer. But I applaud there commitment and cause.

One thing I have to say about this subject that I'm not sure too many people, hell probably nobody but BP, knows is that I am a former user. I didn't seek any outside help for my addiction. I just quit..woke up one day and looked in the mirror and asked myself what the Penny Lane was I doing to myself. So I quit..cold turkey. Went through all the withdrawls, which was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever went through, and pulled myself out of self destruction. Bottom line is, if you want to quit, you will. All you have to do is want to.

Not sure if prescribing another drug to combat the effects of drug is really the answer. But I applaud there commitment and cause.

One thing I have to say about this subject that I'm not sure too many people, hell probably nobody but BP, knows is that I am a former user. I didn't seek any outside help for my addiction. I just quit..woke up one day and looked in the mirror and asked myself what the Penny Lane was I doing to myself. So I quit..cold turkey. Went through all the withdrawls, which was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever went through, and pulled myself out of self destruction. Bottom line is, if you want to quit, you will. All you have to do is want to.

Well. it's a 3 week program and then, apparently, you're done. I'm not going to defend the program or be able to expound on the details beyond what I've said. I'm just married to the person who has been assigned to interview the guys who are doing the research.

However, if you can give someone 21 cheap pills and cure them of addiction... I mean, that doesn't suck.

Congrats, btw, and defeating your own demons. However, since society pays the price for drug addictions, I wouldn't mind it if the more feeble minded amongst us could be given an easier path than the one you took towards freedom from addiction. If the d-bags who are out there stealing crap to feed their habit but can't quit because they only sort of want to and, thus can't go through what you did, well I'm cool with putting dude on the 21 pill program and helping him get on his way.

However, since society pays the price for drug addictions, I wouldn't mind it if the more feeble minded amongst us could be given an easier path than the one you took towards freedom from addiction. If the d-bags who are out there stealing crap to feed their habit but can't quit because they only sort of want to and, thus can't go through what you did, well I'm cool with putting dude on the 21 pill program and helping him get on his way.

Well said and another reason I bombed in debate in high school. 21 pills in 3 weeks for the men/women (and in an amazing amount of children cases) who want to quit but can't stand the symptoms of with drawl?....I'll buy that. Keep us posted on this and kudo's to your wife for putting it out there. Coke/Meth are terrible, terrible drugs that can effect even the most grounded person and touches every single stem of our society.

And while we are extemely proud of Tazzy for having the willpower to quit and get the monkey off hus back . . . his disturbing propensity for running through threads naked still remains . . . .:wacko:

That's some nasty stuff right there.

One of my college roommates got hooked on it, spent all his family's money and eventually left. Ended up getting hit by a car and killed late at night. Just a year ago actually.

And when I used to do construction, we were rehabbing a house. Next door the guy was cooking and dealing in it. One night he went nuts for some reason and went into his basement and using a chainsaw started cutting up a bunch of gas cans. Blew the house completely up. The house we were working on had the closest wall to this house get pushed in about 3" by the blast. Broke the windows...everything. The scary part was the day this happened, during that same day, I was working outside on that side of house doing some painting. I would have been a dead man.

I'll never make fun of that evil crap.

kinda like if oyur right big toe hurts, then step on your other big toe and the right one won't hurt anymore :wacko: sounds like a diversion