[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Pats /Steelers game will be a battle

masslefty33

For all of you out there think that there is going to be any other teams playing in the Superbowl (oops i mean AFC Championship game) you are nuts. I am sure i will hear from the yahoos in Indy and the band wagon jumpers in SD. But this is playoff football, and those 2 teams are perfect for it. In any other year, they both waltz to the championship, and this year we are lucky to great these 2 great teams. I am fully convinced that if New England would win this if they had the #1 seed, but they dont. I do think that the Pats are the ONLY team that can beat Pitts in Pitt. In fact, i would still make them a slight favorite, even though i would not be shocked if pitts beat them. Lets hope this game happens. :D

Isn't NE still missing some key players on D? Do you really think Troy Brown is gonna be able to shut down Randle El? Is there any reason to believe Corey Dillon is going to be able to run on the Steelers, or that Brady won't crumble under the pressure again?

I'm more frightened of Indy than I am the Pats.

Isn't NE still missing some key players on D?  Do you really think Troy Brown is gonna be able to shut down Randle El?  Is there any reason to believe Corey Dillon is going to be able to run on the Steelers, or that Brady won't crumble under the pressure again?

I'm more frightened of Indy than I am the Pats.

640450[/snapback]

The pats will actually be the healthiest they have been for this game. Seymour is walking around without a limp lifting weights. E.Wilson is fine, and Law will be starting. The bye week will be huge this week for them. If they were playing this week, then i would be worried. As far as Dillon, has anyone stopped him? In the first game this year, you did not have to face him. Do you really think that had no effect on the outcome? You should worry less about a proven QB (2 time superbowl MVP) crumbling and worry more about a rookie crumbling. I gave Pitts its proper respect, but if i had to chose between the 2 coaches of both teams, i would have to go with the Pats

The pats will actually be the healthiest they have been for this game. Seymour is walking around without a limp lifting weights. E.Wilson is fine, and Law will be starting. The bye week will be huge this week for them. If they were playing this week, then i would be worried. As far as Dillon, has anyone stopped him? In the first game this year, you did not have to face him. Do you really think that had no effect on the outcome? You should worry less about a proven QB (2 time superbowl MVP) crumbling and worry more about a rookie crumbling.  I gave Pitts its proper respect, but if i had to chose between the 2 coaches of both teams, i would have to go with the Pats

640471[/snapback]

No, you did not give Pitts their proper respect.

The Steelers have the best record in the AFC, had a tougher schedule than the Patriots and even dominated the Patriots when they played them. Yea, yea, yea, "Corey Dillion was not playing, but no one mentions that the Steelers were with injuries (It was one of the first games that we had to play without Hampton)

No, you did not give Pitts their proper respect.... you grudgingly stated that you would not be shocked if the home field team with the better record were to actually win...

Pats lose to Colts :D

Edited by Pigskin Junkie

Just gotta :D a little here:

Read Tunnel Vision, which, like many others, referred to the Bills being the hottest team in the AFC going into Sunday's game, having won their last 6. HELLO! Steelers won their last 13 going into Sunday. Tell me why the Steelers were/are not the hottest team in all of football, let alone the AFC?

:D

Now, now people, let's not get into a "look at the size of my johnson!" contest here. Both of these teams had fantastic seasons although

I'd have to say that the Pats probably did more with less. That being said, The one knock I'd have against the Steelers coming into the playoffs is Big Ben. A rookie is still a rookie and the pressure of the playoffs could get to him. If that's the case, the Pats won't even see the Steelers on their way to the Super Bowl.

The pats will actually be the healthiest they have been for this game. Seymour is walking around without a limp lifting weights. E.Wilson is fine, and Law will be starting.

640471[/snapback]

I don't believe that Law and Seymour are fine. We will see soon enough.

Great, UT has a baby brother. Whoopdeedoo.

640810[/snapback]

:D That would be at least his 3rd, in addition to "forever in debt to mo lewis" and "Finger".

Edited by Big John

The pats will actually be the healthiest they have been for this game.  I gave Pitts its proper respect, but if i had to chose between the 2 coaches of both teams, i would have to go with the Pats

640471[/snapback]

Yes, but the coaches aren't playing. Pittsburgh was dominant in the first game. Dillon didn't play, but it wouldn't have mattered much from what I saw.

PITTSBURGH!!!! You are right! My bad!

641006[/snapback]

It is not about running on Pitts! My god!!!!!! It is about the threat of a run, and working play action. Are the Steelers going to fall for play action with K. Faulk in the backfield? NO!!!!! The Steelers are going to have to respect Dillon and that will lead to more opps down the field. Has Dillon ever had great games against Pitts? Most likely not, but he is not playing for the Bungles anymore.

I'm a diehard Steeeeeler fan.

There, with that on the table, I don't think any team in the playoffs can look past San Diego or Indy or New England ... Heck, Denver and the Jets are dangerous ... this is a great collection of playoff teams in the AFC.

I see a Pittsburgh vs Green Bay superbowl ... but it will take two tremendous wins for Pittsburgh to get there ... I'm just glad they don't have to beat both the Pats and the Colts.

I called Pittsburg one of 2 great teams and I am hearing $hit for it? My god, don't you read the entire post before you try to respond? Getting ripped by hugh? Hahahaha, talk about fugazzi fantasy football guru!

Bump this!

640982[/snapback]

You come in, guns firing, spelling and grammar of a three year old, spewing Patriot homerism. What do you expect? And if you have something to say to me, say it loud and clear, I'm listening.

Yeah, you're a fair and unbiased fan:

I am tired of hearing about how Tom Brady is overated. He wins every single important game. Plain and simply the qb that everyone would want to win any big game if you needed it.

632234[/snapback]

So, to me, you're just another UT, and I call a spade a spade. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Edited by Hugh 0ne