[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Draft Board

Duchess Jack

they are nice. I get one free every year from CBS and hoist it up at the bar. Still doesn't help that drunk a$$swoosh from blurting out the previously selected player. They look good though. I typically write the name in instead of using the stickers. stickers take time...

Great for drafts been using one for 3 years now this is #4. get mine from draftkit.com. we use the stickers color coded helps for the blurry double vision eyes

903059[/snapback]

I agree the draftkit board is a very nice option. We used one for 3 or 4 years in a row although I recommend going with the Jumbo sized board which is 4ft high by 12ft wide. Can see the names from everywhere (although at $38 + $11 shipping) is a bit pricey. We decided it adds about an hour or so to the total draft time so we cut it out completely last year. Didn't really miss it.

Here's a link to their site. Click on boards and jumbo to check it out

Edited by Puddy

using it for like 4 to 5 years now.

Totally worth the money.

two years ago we paid to have two strippers hang out and put the names on the board through the 6th round.

our first thought was to write the players names on ping pong balls and have them........

well, can't post it but you get the idea.

2 years ago, I was toying with the idea of using one of these draft boards on draft day for my league. I decided it was too boring, so I sat down and wrote an Access database with an electronic draft board to track the whole draft. It was a huge hit. last year, one of my owners couldn't make the draft (we're all from the east coast and draft in Vegas every season), so I upgraded it to a SQL Server back-end and an asp.NET front-end. I made it available on-line for him to follow along.

It does so much more than a simple board kit. It has a built-in stopwatch, and color codes and calculates positions and players needed on the fly.

I have enhanced it again this season. I have been toying with the idea of packaging it and making it widely available. Right now, it requires some manual coding and configuration to get up and running. I would need to build a slicker admin interface.

The upside of this is pretty obvious. The downside is that is requires a laptop, a projector and a screen for the draft. I'm a computer nerd (obviously), so I don't mind. It would be tougher at a bar - we draft in a hotel suite.

Does this sound remotely interesting to anyone? If it was available (I've never seen anything with this type of functionality), would you use it? I would love to hear your feedback. Sorry to ramble on, especially in my first post.

It sounds like you've put together a nice little toy there. I probably would use it, but don't think the majority of the guys in my local league would want to mess with it, especially if you have to enter your pick on a laptop. Sounds almost like doing an online draft in the same room as all the guys drafting. I also enjoy watching the guy drafting to see what color sticker he has, than here the buzz in the room waiting for the pick.

We used it in PAFFL for the past 2 years.

2 years ago, I was toying with the idea of using one of these draft boards on draft day for my league.  I decided it was too boring, so I sat down and wrote an Access database with an electronic draft board to track the whole draft.  It was a huge hit.  last year, one of my owners couldn't make the draft (we're all from the east coast and draft in Vegas every season), so I upgraded it to a SQL Server back-end and an asp.NET front-end.  I made it available on-line for him to follow along.

It does so much more than a simple board kit.  It has a built-in stopwatch, and color codes and calculates positions and players needed on the fly.

I have enhanced it again this season.  I have been toying with the idea of packaging it and making it widely available.  Right now, it requires some manual coding and configuration to get up and running.  I would need to build a slicker admin interface.

The upside of this is pretty obvious.  The downside is that is requires a laptop, a projector and a screen for the draft.  I'm a computer nerd (obviously), so I don't mind.  It would be tougher at a bar - we draft in a hotel suite. 

Does this sound remotely interesting to anyone?  If it was available (I've never seen anything with this type of functionality), would you use it?  I would love to hear your feedback.  Sorry to ramble on, especially in my first post.

909421[/snapback]

We use something similar, I think, in our baseball draft. my brother rigged up something to a laptop and projector that showed on a screen. I know very little about computers but it sounds similar. It was pretty fuctional for the first time we used it. Had used a board the previous 18 yrs.