[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ErASSmus James

Hugh 0ne

I emailed Doogie from K-FAN about James this morning and this was the response I got.

Problem is Rob and Ethan Lock (James's agent) will not return calls...I

don't believe Erasmus will sign until Pollack has a deal in place at

#17.

Doogie

Edited by Outshined

I emailed Doogie from K-FAN about James this morning and this was the  response I got.

910092[/snapback]

I'm sure the Zygie would hand out the dollar bills to get him into camp if possible. Hard to sign them if they don't want to talk yet. I believe the ball is in the James court as well.

Vikes need to get this guy in camp, or more aproppriately, James needs to get his ass in camp. He's only hurting himself, that's the part I just don't get. Gee, which option is better:

1. Sign a deal, get to camp on time, and show everyone how good you are.

2. Hold out, miss out on camp, p*ss off your teammates, and now have a hard time catching up because you missed time.

:D

Vikes need to get this guy in camp, or more aproppriately, James needs to get his ass in camp. He's only hurting himself, that's the part I just don't get. Gee, which option is better:

1. Sign a deal, get to camp on time, and show everyone how good you are.

2. Hold out, miss out on camp, p*ss off your teammates, and now have a hard time catching up because you missed time.

:D

910128[/snapback]

Yeah it sucks, but he has to be holding out for guaranteed money. Probably waiting to see what Pollack gets. I guess thats what he is holding out for. Off topic: Did he have an injury in college?

Yeah it sucks, but he has to be holding out for guaranteed money. Probably waiting to see what Pollack gets. I guess thats what he is holding out for. Off topic: Did he have an injury in college?

910141[/snapback]

Yeah, he missed time during some games, but I don't think he ever missed an entire game. I want to say an ankle injury, but someone would have to verify...

910141[/snapback]

In a word....YES. He missed a lot of 2003 with an injury and last year he was dominant most the year until another leg (knee I believe?) injury slowed him down. If you want specifics on the injuries, I can't help.

If he were healthy for his college career, he would have been a top 10 pick for sure, maybe even top 5. Many compare him to Kearse.

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Thursday, August 4, 2005

News

The Vikings had reserved the nickel pass rush spot for Erasmus James, the second of their two first-round draft picks and their only remaining unsigned player. Not any more. Head coach Mike Tice said Wednesday that James will need to earn the spot if and when he reports. "He is out of sight, out of mind for me right now,'' Tice told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I think we've passed the point of having him anointed at any position. I think anything he earns now, he's got to work his way up the ladder." Of course, the coach left himself an out, adding: "Now if he comes in and in that first preseason game has five sacks, he'll be starting."

Views

Tice should have stopped before suggesting Erasmus could still get a starting job, knowing full well the James camp will read his comments in the paper. If he really wanted to "deliver a message" through the media he should have gone with something about James possibly not even making the team or mentioned the term "practice squad" or something. Way to go, coach.

Kinda funny the way they initiated him.

James had to run four 106-yard dashes, each in less than 18 seconds, through a gauntlet of players who spurred him on.

"He did what he had to do," Tice said. "I told him, 'Pass your conditioning test now, and tomorrow morning join the team.' So ... he got that out of the way."