[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos running backs

Gators

I had Bell in a dynasty league at roughly 10% of cap, and traded him to a guy who needed RB help bad for Chad Johnson at about 12% of cap (Chad was an EXCELLENT value there, but that's about Tatum's worth with all the ??? IMO). I just don't trust Bell at all. Injuries, other talents in the fold, not to mention Skeletor...

Like the Smurf said, I'm gonna pluck and stash Anderson for next-to-nothing and see what happens. Heck, Clarrette could get hot coming in for Bell (who happens to stub his toe) in week three, and never give up the tailback role the rest of the season. Dayne could be a 1200-yard rusher in that system

:D Sorry, I just couldn't say that with a straight face... :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First hand observations from Bronco's Training camp.

"Mike Anderson had a good day catching the ball. He took a big shot from Al Wilson on a screen pass, but got up and delivered his own blow on the goal line. He was stopped a couple of times in short yardage drills, but he did manage to lower his head and punch a couple in. He even ran over Nick Ferguson on a dive up the middle. Anderson knew why the Broncos looked rusty, "We've been out here I don't know how many days going day in and day out, and to know that after practice we don't have meetings and we're taking off for a day, you can kind of get ahead of yourself and lose focus on the job at hand. That's the purpose of training camp -- to keep that focus and stay locked in on what you're doing until the job is done."

Tatum Bell dropped a lob pass in the end zone. He was hammered by Dominique Foxworth as the ball arrived, but he clearly should've held onto it. John Lynch put the kabosh on Bell a couple of times as well. Lynch was serious and Bell seemed as though he stopped running at initial contact. Lynch even flung him to the ground on his second stop. Bell was running with ZERO authority between the tackles today. He failed to score in any of his goal line opportunities.

Quentin Griffin practiced with the second team and did nothing to stand out.

Maurice Clarett had his groin act up on him again, after returning to the field on Friday. He sat out most of the practice.

Ron Dayne punched in another run at the goal line. He made some okay catches and seems to be working on his concentration. He was decent between the tackles and is dancing behind the line less frequently."

And the following clipped from www.gazette.com

August 06, 2005

Bell struggling to pry job from Anderson

By FRANK SCHWAB THE GAZETTE

"The only time in training camp that Tatum Bell has worked as Denver Broncos' top tailback was Thursday morning - and only because Mike Anderson took the practice off. Bell has not hurt his chances of being the Broncos' starting tailback for the season opener on Sept. 11, but he hasn't convinced the coaches to move him ahead of Anderson, either. The two have split time with the starting offense through camp, but always with Anderson going in first.

Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak said he's been happy with Bell in camp. Kubiak was especially pleased Bell has been in every practice; Bell suffered finger, rib, hamstring and shoulder injuries as a rookie last year. "I'm real pleased with his work and I'm real pleased he's been on the field every day, no nicks or bumps," Kubiak said. "He's doing great."

Bell's problem is that Anderson has not given an inch. Anderson, who rushed for 1,487 yards in 2000, has waited for another chance to start at tailback and he won't fade away quietly.

“Mike Anderson is making everybody raise their level of play, and Tatum is in there battling,” Kubiak said. “The whole camp” will determine who starts, he said.

The battle between Bell and Anderson will be ultimately decided in preseason games, Denver’s coaches have said."