[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos running backs

Gators

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got called out for picking Tatum over Walker in the CCS poll. That was rather surprising to me. I think he'll be a solid back.

He is certainly the best candidate among the RBs in Denver, he showed great promise when he ran last year (ave well over 5 yrds per carry), and running in Denver is a great place to run.

I like him - yes we all know crazy things happen to the running game in Denver but the only real threat in my opinion might be Clarett.

Good to see you posting again gators. I like Bell to win the job but RBBC is very tough to figure out until you actually see what shanny has in mind. He has to be the worst coach to try and figure out from a fantasy perspective.

Reports I'm getting on Tatum, is that he really really needs to work on his hands. His blocking is a little suspect too.

He squares away those two issues and I think he stands an excellent chance of being the Broncos opening day starter

Tatum Bell has to be the man. I can't imagine Denver starting Mike Anderson over the multi-talented Bell. Any of you Bronco fans have an insight?

912577[/snapback]

I have to say Manning over Brady. :D

Seriously though, why isn't Griffin even in the equation?   I don't understand it, is he still not 100% back from injury?

912663[/snapback]

Nope. He might be by Week 1, though.

EDIT TO ADD: Griffin is currently being kept on 1-a-day practices until he's up to snuff. But on August 1st Griffin was experiencing swelling and soreness in his knee. (Presumably the knee he tore both the meniscus and ACL in last season). So no, he isn't at 100%. http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=4387

Edited by yo mama

I have to say Manning over Brady.  :D

912652[/snapback]

Funny...

Welcome back Gators.

I have T Bell as a keeper. I hope he is the man. My season could hinge on it.

No way.  I'll strain my moring coffee through a dirty gym sock for a week if you're right.

912658[/snapback]

Hope you're thirsty. :D Unless you have alot of confidence in Griffin?

That's kind of what I am saying, based on pure ability, who can compete with Bell?

Honestly, I think this is just a motivational ploy by Shanahan. If he thought Anderson was the answer, he wouldn't have drafted Portis, Bell, Clarrett, etc. I think week 1 we'll see Bell in as the starting tailback. JMHO

912645[/snapback]

Shanny has always drafted backs.

Olandis Gary was drafted the year after Terrell Davis had over 2,000 yds. Mike Anderson was drafted the year after Gary had 1,159 yds in only 12 games and Terrell Davis was expected back at full strength. In 2001 Shanny picked up Droughns after Anderson went off for 1,500 yds. Then in 2002, with all these guys still on the roster, Shanny drafts Portis (Terrell Davis did announce his retirement that year didn't he?, but it was after Portis was drafted). Then in 2003 Shanny drafted Griffin even though Anderson, Droughns & Portis were on the roster. Then in 2004 he drafts Bell. 2005 has seen Shanny draft Mo and add Dayne.

You can't really use the logic of "well if he really thought so & so was the answer, he wouldn't have drafted this guy". Not with Shanny anyway. But if you insist on that logic, wouldn't it apply to Bell as well?

If he thought Bell was the answer, he wouldn't have drafted Clarrett and picked up Dayne, right?

Point is, Shanny always adds RB's.....no matter who is on the roster.

FYI, Shanny had announced Anderson would be the starter last year. If not for the fluke groin tear in the Broncos 4th pre season game, it would've been Anderson totin' the rock last year, instead of Griffin/Droughns/Bell.

Edited by Big Score 1

Reports I'm getting on Tatum, is that he really really needs to work on his hands. His blocking is a little suspect too.

He squares away those two issues and I think he stands an excellent chance of being the Broncos opening day starter

912636[/snapback]

Portis couldn't (and still can't) catch worth a shucks either, but was Shanny's #1.

FWIW, Mike Anderson didn't have even a single carry last year.

Ever.

Not one.

I have a hard time buying that he's going to exceed last years' production by very much this year...

Portis couldn't (and still can't) catch worth a shucks either, but was Shanny's #1.

912744[/snapback]

In the two year run Portis had with the Bronco's, he had 71 recpts for 678 yds at a 9.5 avg with 2 TD's.

Last year with the Brunell :D & Ramsey passing he had 40 recpts for 235 yds at a 5.9 avg and another 2 TD's.

He ain't no Faulk or Murrell, but he's not as bad as you're making him out to be Hook. :D

I just don't think Bell is tough enough to start....he has all the skills...

all the depth charts I've seen had him pegged as the starter up until yesterday...and then they had M Anderson...

I see no reason to take any of these backs in the top 40 until further notice...

FWIW, Mike Anderson didn't have even a single carry last year.

Ever.

Not one.

I have a hard time buying that he's going to exceed last years' production by very much this year...

912752[/snapback]

Being on injured reserve will do that to a player's opportunities. He went on IR August 31st last year, before the regular season got started.

Pop quiz, hot shots. Which Denver back am I thinking of? Here are some hints:

• He set an NFL single-game rookie rushing record with 251 yards at N.O., the sixth-highest total in NFL history.

• Named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and NFL Rookie of the Year by USA Today with a Broncos rookie-rushing record 1,487 yards (sixth-highest total in NFL history).

• Ranks seventh in Broncos annals in career rushing attempts (626), seventh in rushing yards (2,808) and seventh in rushing touchdowns (24).

• Finished his two-year career at the University of Utah with the best per-game rushing average in school history (102.4 ypg.) despite not playing football in high school.

Any guesses?

In the two year run Portis had with the Bronco's, he had 71 recpts for 678 yds at a 9.5 avg with 2 TD's.

Last year with the Brunell :D & Ramsey passing he had 40 recpts for 235 yds at a 5.9 avg and another 2 TD's.

He ain't no Faulk or Murrell, but he's not as bad as you're making him out to be Hook. :D

912766[/snapback]

I guess I just remember the 25 other drops per season a little better!