[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start that Schaub vs. Vick thread up again

CaptainHook

Schaub is the better QB.

913541[/snapback]

Yeah....he really showed us that last year, when he started the next to last game of the season for the FalCANS when Vick was out.

Even though in his start, he went up against one of last years NFL Powerhouse D's (the Ain'ts :D) he still managed to put up these astounding numbers;

17 of 41 for 188 yards and 2 interceptions

Yep! He needs to be starting over Vick alright. :D

Yeah....he really showed us that last year, when he started the next to last game of the season for the FalCANS when Vick was out.

Even though in his start, he went up against one of last years NFL Powerhouse D's (the Ain'ts  :D) he still managed to put up these astounding numbers;

Yep! He needs to be starting over Vick alright. :D

913568[/snapback]

You're funny, but my point is Vick is not a QB for the NFL.

913758[/snapback]

Is Vick a conventional NFL QB? NO

Does Vick help his team to win games and make the play-offs in the NFL? YES

Is he a high profile social Megan Fox bag pariah ala Jeff George or Ryan Leaf? NO

Does he put fans in the seats for both Home & Away games? YES

Does he help in the sales of authentic NFL paraphernalia? YES

In short, he is a perfect QB for the NFL

913758[/snapback]

What do you mean that Vick is not a QB for the NFL? I admit that he has been WAY overrated the past few years as a fantasy QB, but in 2002 & 2004 when Vick was healthy, the Falcons were a combined 20-11-1 with a couple of playoff victories and an NFC Championship appearance. Compare that to 5-11 in 2003 when Vick was down.

While Vick has been a bit of a disappointment fantasy wise, he has done what a QB should do first and foremost--help his team win!

Even though in his start, he went up against one of last years NFL Powerhouse D's (the Ain'ts  :D) he still managed to put up these astounding numbers;

913568[/snapback]

Vick vs the powerhouse Cardinals - 10/20 115 yds, 1 int :D

Vick vs the powerhouse Panthers - 10-18 148 :D

Vick vs the powerhouse Chiefs D - 7-21 119 2 int :D

Just, y'know, for balance. :D

Is Vick a conventional NFL QB? NO

Does Vick help his team to win games and make the play-offs in the NFL? YES

Is he a high profile social Megan Fox bag pariah ala Jeff George or Ryan Leaf? NO

Does he put fans in the seats for both Home & Away games? YES

Does he help in the sales of authentic NFL paraphernalia? YES

In short, he is a perfect QB for the NFL

913794[/snapback]

Yes, I suppose, but I don't see him succeeding much longer. Just think he was a better fit for college ball than the NFL, but your point about fans spending money for #7 is accurate to be sure.

Oh!....and one last thing in Vick's favor...

Is he a genorous giving person or a selfish POS?

(I submit his willingness to share his STD with the ladies, is evidence of his giving nature :D )

913797[/snapback]

Wow :D

Just, y'know, for balance.  :D

913808[/snapback]

Right. Speaking of balance, Vick could use some.

This thread just wasted 1 minute of my life.

Vick is not great yet, but he's at least a top 15 qb as evidence by his won loss record.

Plus he has Peerless Price as his #1 WR the past few years?

Warrick Dunn isn't exactly Priest Holmes and his rush offense isn't exactly the Pitt Rush offense either.

So who's a better NFL QB today, Big Ben or Vick?

This thread just wasted 1 minute of my life.

913826[/snapback]

Wait, you're on a FANTASY FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD and bemoaning "wasted minutes"? :D

Warrick Dunn isn't exactly Priest Holmes and his rush offense isn't exactly the Pitt Rush offense either.

913826[/snapback]

Dunn/Duckett - 369 carries, 1615 yds, 17 tds

Bettis/Staley - 442 carries, 1771 yds, 14 tds.

Well, I guess it's not exactly the Pitt rushing offense - it has more tds and a better avg per carry. :D

Schaub did awesome last preseason too. The fact of the matter is that even though Vick is overrated, he wins. The Falcons are a much better team with Vick in the lineup, as opposed to what they would be if Schaub was in there. If you judge how a backup does in preseason, playing against backup D's, you don't know much about football. I'm sure you could look up teams where in many cases the backup out pereforms the starter in preseason, but yet we aren't talking about them being better than their starter.

Schaub did awesome last preseason too.  The fact of the matter is that even though Vick is overrated, he wins.  The Falcons are a much better team with Vick in the lineup, as opposed to what they would be if Schaub was in there.  If you judge how a backup does in preseason, playing against backup D's, you don't know much about football.  I'm sure you could look up teams where in many cases the backup out pereforms the starter in preseason, but yet we aren't talking about them being better than their starter.

913837[/snapback]

I don't think anybody is suggesting his Preseason play makes him better or worse. Now stop waisting ChiefJay's minutes! :D

913808[/snapback]

BTW, didn't he also contribute another 68 yards via the gound? Oh! And what was the outcome of that game?

913808[/snapback]

I can't remember Chavez, please tell me, what was outcome of this game?

Oh! And how did Vick do in their re-match?

My of my....Vick went 11 of 28 for 154 yards and 2 TD's along with another 68 yards and TD on the ground. (two picks though)

913808[/snapback]

Well I guess one out of three ain't bad, right Chavez?

Thought I'd put that in, y'know, for balance. :D

Point wasn't to slam Vick really; EVERY QB has bad games. Schaub is 0-fer-1 in starts; looking at the #s, he was solid in relief vs the Seahawks.

Heck, I figure as an Atlanta fan, you might give one of your rookie QBs a bit of a mulligan in his first start ever. :D

BTW, didn't he also contribute another 68 yards via the gound? Oh! And what was the outcome of that game?I can't remember Chavez, please tell me, what was outcome of this game?

913862[/snapback]

iI don't know that I'd necessarily be beating my chest about my QBs performance in a 6-3 win.

Heck, I figure as an Atlanta fan, you might give one of your rookie QBs a bit of a mulligan in his first start ever. :D

913867[/snapback]

Nope! :D

After the debacle of our 2003 season with Doug Johnson & Kurt Kittner :D....

.....no gosh darn MULLIGANS :D