[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start that Schaub vs. Vick thread up again

CaptainHook

This thread just wasted 1 minute of my life.

Vick is not great yet, but he's at least a top 15 qb as evidence by his won loss record.

Plus he has Peerless Price as his #1 WR the past few years?

Warrick Dunn isn't exactly Priest Holmes and his rush offense isn't exactly the Pitt Rush offense either.

So who's a better NFL QB today, Big Ben or Vick?

913826[/snapback]

This about Vick vs. Schaub...my reply as a serious FF owner is he is not on my list for QB#1 unless I have a brain fart(or I'm with Ricky Williams doing a few jays)..point here taken IMO is Vick is no QB#1 in FF..if you want him...by all means draft him...as a #2 filler..okay...that's a reach as some moron will jump on him usually and isn't around for QB#2 on my roster..on the other hand...Schaub doesn't fill that need yet either..IMO however, Schaub stands a better chance of making it in the top 10 of NFL QB's than does Mr. Mexico....Vick is a runner and always will be...his happy feet can sit on someone else's roster and "THAT" is the bottom line...all other arguments are reserved for Arthur Blanks and the Falcon faithful... :D

There's winning ugly, and then there are the Ws that fell off the ugly truck and got run over by the rest of the ugly convoy.

Of course, by your rationale, Roethlisberger is a better QB than Vick (can't beat Big Ben's winning pct) and Brady is FAR better.

Roethlisberger is a better QB than Vick (can't beat Big Ben's winning pct)

913892[/snapback]

Sure I can. :D

I think Big Ben will indeed end up being a fine QB. But if I'm not mistaken, while they both helped their respective teams get to the Conference Championship games, Vick was the less sucky of the two, by virtue of the Falcons only losing by 17, while the Big Ben led Steelers lost by 24.

Now how's that for some messed up warped logic? :D

Brady is FAR better.

913892[/snapback]

As it stands right now, absolutely no argument on this one. Edited by Big Score 1

I think Big Ben will indeed end up being a fine QB. But if I'm not mistaken, while they both helped get their respective teams get to the Conference Championship games, Vick was the less sucky of the two, by virtue of the Falcons only losing by 17, while the Big Ben led Steelers lost by 24.

Now how's that for some messed up warped logic?

913917[/snapback]

:D You must really like that Falcon flavored Kool-Aid. :D

No points for Big Ben doing it in the rookie year? After all, a major pillar in the "Vick for Hall of Fame" argument is that in his first year as a starter he beat GB in Lambeau. Ben is 14-0 in the regular season and a veteran of a conference championship game.

:D You must really like that Falcon flavored Kool-Aid. :D

No points for Big Ben doing it in the rookie year? After all, a major pillar in the "Vick for Hall of Fame" argument is that in his first year as a starter he beat GB in Lambeau. Ben is 14-0 in the regular season and a veteran of a conference championship game.

913925[/snapback]

Chavez, I already said I was using messed up warped logic. What are you doing injecting sensible & logical thoughts? There's no place for that here. :D

Play fair darn it! :D:D

Edited by Big Score 1

It's funny because in previous threads, it seems EVERYONE (for the most part) has the same view of Vick - real NFL-wise, the team wins when he's in; pretty indisputable. Aside from the chicken/egg debate about his WRs (are they sucky because Vick is bad? or is Vick bad because they're sucky?), I think everyone realizes he's a devastating playmaker who can single-handedly win games - but he's inconsistent at the very least as a passer, and his accuracy is up for debate as well. I'm sure if he was on my team I'd be hanging off his nuts, but from the outside, he's far from a polished passer, even going on his 5th year in the league.

Fantasy-wise, it's all about what you look for - his upside is drool-worthy, but for someone who can officially be considered a "veteran QB" now, his game-to-game inconsistency would drive me up a freakin' wall; if you can deal with the latter, the former may pay off for you.

And in closing, I'd like to say that only a fool would start Vick over Schaub; Vick gets at least one, if not two, more seasons to prove he's more than a Kordell Stewart redux.

Chavez, I already said I was using messed up warped logic. What are you doing injecting sensible & logical thoughts? There's no place for that here. :D

Play fair darn it!  :D

913933[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I lost track of things - I was daydreaming about how Jim Bates is the best hire in the NFL this offseason and how he's going to turn GB's defense into a top 10 unit..... :D

This about Vick vs. Schaub...my reply as a serious FF owner is he is not on my list for QB#1 unless I have a brain fart(or I'm with Ricky Williams doing a few jays)..point here taken IMO is Vick is no QB#1 in FF..if you want him...by all means draft him...as a #2 filler..okay...that's a reach as some moron will jump on him usually and isn't around for QB#2 on my roster..on the other hand...Schaub doesn't fill that need yet either..IMO however, Schaub stands a better chance of making it in the top 10 of NFL QB's than does Mr. Mexico....Vick is a runner and always will be...his happy feet can sit on someone else's roster and "THAT" is the bottom line...all other arguments are reserved for Arthur Blanks and the Falcon faithful... :D

913891[/snapback]

B-I-N-G-O

Vick gets at least one, if not two, more seasons to prove he's more than a Kordell Stewart redux.

913934[/snapback]

and Bingo was his name-o

I think Big Ben will indeed end up being a fine QB. But if I'm not mistaken, while they both helped their respective teams get to the Conference Championship games, Vick was the less sucky of the two, by virtue of the Falcons only losing by 17, while the Big Ben led Steelers lost by 24.

Now how's that for some messed up warped logic? :D

913917[/snapback]

At least you admit it! And btw.. I respect your boy for his talent. Fun to watch.

what point are you trying to make?

915081[/snapback]

Probably that even though Vick has been in the league 5 years, he does not have 5 years worth of NFL game experience.

That would be my guess anyway :D

Heck I dunno Hook. I guess he's asking for a mulligan?

915284[/snapback]

Sounds like it.

Even though it's only about 3 seasons of game experience, it IS four full seasons of classroom work and 2+ seasons of starts.

New offense or not, Vick is in a position where he has to start CONSISTENTLY fulfilling his potential.

What do you mean that Vick is not a QB for the NFL?  I admit that he has been WAY overrated the past few years as a fantasy QB, but in 2002 & 2004 when Vick was healthy, the Falcons were a combined 20-11-1 with a couple of playoff victories and an NFC Championship appearance.  Compare that to 5-11 in 2003 when Vick was down.

While Vick has been a bit of a disappointment fantasy wise, he has done what a QB should do first and foremost--help his team win!

913806[/snapback]

Ya, he hands off great. :D