[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DD owners

SLAYER

They bypassed a severe need at OL to tale Morency. I hear Hollings is haivng a strong camp, but Morency should at least be the goalline guy. I owned DD last year and thought that he had "empty" great fantasy numbers. IMO, never has a high-scoring FF player had such little impact on my team.

928336[/snapback]

How can a player be high scoring and not have an impact on your fantasy team? I thought that was the point in picking players. Getting the players that score a lot of points. If he scores a lot of points and you lose it's the other players on your team that aren't getting it done. If that's what you meant and if not, then I guess I don't get it. Or maybe there were some bad weeks he had that you lost and that's what you mean but, that's the game picking the players that score the most each week. I thought he had a very good year last year and also played through his injury. I agree with DMD on this. Last year is much better to guage the player by, if you're going to get nervous over one series of plays at the goal line to make a decision on a very good back I guess that's fine, everyone does things different.

I'll do mine...my league scoring is the same except 2pts per 10 rec. yds for RB's..

1. LT

2. Holmes

3. Alexander

4. Deuce

5. Edge

6. DD

7. K Jones

8. McGahee

9. Dillon

10. Jordan

yea..Jordan...I didn't like anyone else here...It was either him or Rudi...

929076[/snapback]

Uh.

Where da heck is Barber??? :D Seriously??!?!!!??!?

Agree. That's why his stellar numbers were a little "empty" for me over the full course of the season. We're switching to reception points this year, but last year we didn't have them -- TDs and 100 yard games were the measuring stick, and while he often had nice combined yardage totals, he only had 100-plus yards rushing four times. No doubt, a great final stretch, which helped his numbers, but he was also semi-invisible from time to time (nice receiving totals, again, but only one receiving TD, and his rushing was overall pretty suspect):

09/19 @Detroit, 25 rushes, 78yds, 0 TD

09/26 @Kansas City, 10 rushes, 12yds, 0 TD

10/03 Oakland, Did Not Play

10/10 Minnesota, 14 rushes, 31yds, 1 TD

10/17 @Tennessee, 10 rushes, 25 yds, 0 TD

10/31 Jacksonville, 22 rushes, 56 yds, 0TD

1/21, Green Bay, 21 rushes, 65 yds, 0 TD

Last year, for me anyway, he was a very good #2 RB, but just didn't have the consistency to be a #1, and I wouldn't want him as my #1 this year (even at the ninth overall pick), either, even with the addition of reception points.

928839[/snapback]

Ok, didn't see this post before I wrote. I see what you're saying within your scoring, and he did have some games where it seemed he didn't show up so, now I understand. I still think he's a good back but, you're right in some scoring systems he's not worth as much as in others.

Edited by jgcoach

also, darin...my top 10 is a little different...I usually drop players out of the top 10 if I don't want to draft them for one reason or another...

it's not a top 10 by value, rather a top 10 by who I think is a better bet...

last year, I excluded players like Tiki, CuMar, Jamal and Portis...

I hit 50/50 last year...normally I miss on one of them tops....it's a game plan I always head into draft day.

It's never been about who I draft, it's who I don't draft...

edit: I think I might even exclude DD from my top 10 as I previously have a month or 2 ago....I am still undecided...

Edited by Avernus

my earlier analysis was not regarding what he did in this preseason game. i have been a staunch supporter of domanick. i drafted him in the 5th round of the fusion rookie draft in our innaugural yr. he has been nothing short of a godsend guiding me to the playoffs last yr. i just have a hunch, and rather than go against it, i'll probably just look elsewhere when i'm drafting.

For the record, I'm also a big DD fan, like him as a player, seems to be a good, hard working kid, and I drafted him 2nd round last year and was elated to get him where I did (2.6). But for various reasons I won't be going after him this year unless it's a great value pick. Just don't like his situation overall.

For the record, I'm also a big DD fan, like him as a player, seems to be a good, hard working kid, and I drafted him 2nd round last year and was elated to get him where I did (2.6). But for various reasons I won't be going after him this year unless it's a great value pick. Just don't like his situation overall.

929210[/snapback]

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I snagged him late his rookie season in one league, and was glad I did. He's an absolutely STELLAR #3, but just too fragile and inconsistent for a #2, IMO. I think the coaches realize that too, and they've been trying to find his backup the last couple years because of it. He's a fabulous talent who seems to have a great work ethic and be a solid guy. I just won't pick up that headache unless he's (relatively) really cheap because I don't think he'll ever last a full season (with his talent, I'd settle for 13-14 healthy games, but I don't think you'll ever get more than 10-11).