[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's feeling better about Holmes?

T-Scorp

Anybody moving Priest up on their sheets??? He looked good in limited play against the Vikings. Two nice runs. He had been going anywhere from 3 to 7 in most mocks I've seen. Is he a solid top 5 now?

Also, Larry Johnson did not look that good (IMHO) especially on the goal line.

Anybody moving Priest up on their sheets???  He looked good in limited play against the Vikings.  Two nice runs.  He had been going anywhere from 3 to 7 in most mocks I've seen.  Is he a solid top 5 now?

Also, Larry Johnson did not look that good (IMHO) especially on the goal line.

928735[/snapback]

:D IT WAS PRESEASON GAME #1!!!

Maybe he will be great again but you cannot use one useless preseason game to judge that, imho!

Holmes always looks stellar before he gets hurt. Its not a matter of if he has a big year (he'll put up nice numbers for sure) - its a matter of when he gets hurt.

I wouldn't worry about Johnson. He proved last year he's a capable runner in the KC scheme.

:D IT WAS PRESEASON GAME #1!!!

Maybe he will be great again but you cannot use one useless preseason game to judge that, imho!

928776[/snapback]

Well since he hasn't played since week 8 or 9 of last year. :D It was nice to see his burst of speed and how fast he hit the hole.

A high profile player coming off a season ending injury warrants scrutiny (even in the preseason!) :D

Edited by T-Scorp

Holmes = never doubted the man. He claims he's only 75 - 90 % healthy too :D

LJ looked good IMO, they knew he was going to get the ball and ran hard with it. That was a TD by the waywhen he cleared the corner of the end zone. Whatever you didn't like I have no idea cause the goaline stand was clearly a mis read by Gonzo.

Well since he hasn't played since week 8 or 9 of last year.  :D  It was nice to see his burst of speed and how fast he hit the hole. 

A high profile player coming off a season ending injury warrants scrutiny (even in the preseason!) :D

928810[/snapback]

True. I guess that I just don't get too excited until preseason game #4. That is when I think it would be most important to see what he is doing.

Holmes = never doubted the man. He claims he's only 75 - 90 % healthy too :D

LJ looked good IMO, they knew he was going to get the ball and ran hard with it. That was a TD by the waywhen he cleared the corner of the end zone. Whatever you didn't like I have no idea cause the goaline stand was clearly a mis read by Gonzo.

928815[/snapback]

I agree about LJ...he looked great and ran similar to the way Holmes did with his vision and patience

:D whoever is behind this genius in KC....if it's the OL coach, Vermeil, RB coach...whoever... :D

I feel about Holmes the way some folks feel about Fragile Freddy. After carrying me to glory his first year in KC, he's killed me each of the last two years. I clearly could be wrong, but I wouldn't touch him earlier than 7 or 8, depending on who else is on the board. I'd rather have LT and SA (of course), but I'd also take Deuce, K Jones, and depending on the scoring, Manning or C-Pep ahead of him. Maybe Dillon or CuMar. Add to this that you HAVE to handcuff him, and it just scares me off. I'm not bitter though... :D

it's the handcuff that's the problem in my opinion.

929917[/snapback]

No, the problem is that I always forget who wears them. :D

I would take Holmes after LT & Alexander. He played eight games last year and had over 1000 total yrds & 15 TD's. That's 2000 yds & 30 td's in a full season. I know that is unlikely but how can you pass on this guy? The potential is enormous. Just have to make sure you handcuff him.

I would take Holmes after LT & Alexander. He played eight games last year and had over 1000 total yrds & 15 TD's. That's 2000 yds & 30 td's in a full season. I know that is unlikely but how can you pass on this guy? The potential is enormous. Just have to make sure you handcuff him.

931028[/snapback]

handcuff him and you have a stud RB all season long...unlessLJ goes down too :D