[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots left tackle Matt Light injured

CaptainHook

yeah hes on crutches...hes in a boot...same ole same ole

kinda funny though...some guy on the espn patriots board was questioning whether or not belichick had "changed" and let "success go to his head" because he got snippy at todays press conference when asked about lights injury(pretty sure he was a board regular and pats fan).

hes not going to give out the info..basically hes telling you not to ask..hes going to tell you that someone has not practiced and thats about it

supposedly the Bills have said they are going to have a similiar policy with their injuries starting this year

945060[/snapback]

I can never understand why coaches say anything about injuries beyond what the NFL requires. Why give your next opponent good information?

How come I picture you giggling like a schoolgirl while typing this post, Hook? :D No one would revel in the injury of a Patriot -- any Patriot -- as much as you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my "Jeff Saturday is still hurt" post...:D

How come I picture you giggling like a schoolgirl while typing this post, Hook? :D No one would revel in the injury of a Patriot -- any Patriot -- as much as you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my "Jeff Saturday is still hurt" post...:D

'lotta good it did us last year. . .

945311[/snapback]

:D

True. Funny thing is, if the Colts were not always playing the Pats to get to the SB, I'd be pulling for them to finally make it. A team that good deserves to be in the big one. I'd certainly rather see them in the SB than the Steelers...

(Cue Menudo's angry poetic response....)

(Cue Squeegie telling me that Brady prefers sexual congress with those of the gentlemanly persuasion....)

945306[/snapback]

You're really undercutting Hugh's bitterness towards the Pats here, msaint. :D

I can never understand why coaches say anything about injuries beyond what the NFL requires.  Why give your next opponent good information?

945117[/snapback]

Because a lot of coaches are egomaniacs who think that because they are a head coach in the NFL, they deserve as much face time in the media as possible. Saying "no comment" will make the cameras go away.

Who's Light's back up if he's out for a significant amount of time?  Does this do anything to Dillon or Brady's value?

945398[/snapback]

From the boston herald....

If Light is out for an extended period of time, Tom Ashworth would move from right tackle to the left side. Another option would be moving rookie guard Logan Mankins to tackle, where he played in college.

The thinking I heard was to protect Brady's backside, moving Ashworth to left and having someone else fill in at right tackle would be the option.

True. Funny thing is, if the Colts were not always playing the Pats to get to the SB, I'd be pulling for them to finally make it. A team that good deserves to be in the big one. I'd certainly rather see them in the SB than the Steelers...

(Cue Menudo's angry poetic response....)

(Cue Squeegie telling me that Brady prefers sexual congress with those of the gentlemanly persuasion....)

945320[/snapback]

Well, you asked for it:

I take back all the good things I said about your book, :D

After your brown-nosing comment to Captain Hook. :D

The Patriots will be done this year for sure, :D

Wait, wasn't I saying that throughout 1994 ? :doah:

Well, the football season is here, I wish it would'a came soona' :D

But then again, we'll soon be joined by that momo, Ugly Tuna. :D

But the season will start, some will cry some will cheer, :D

But when it's all over, we Huddler's should get together for a beer. :D

Edited by Menudo

I write a poem and don't get one homo or momo comment ?  What has happened to this place :D

947308[/snapback]

Shut up, homo! :D

As an aside, I saw Light's family walking through the Indy airport on the way back from the SB in February. I'm assuming it was his family, as I've never seen anyone wear a Matt Light Pats jersey... and he did go to Purdue, so it wouldn't surpise me if they're from the area.

Not sure why I shared that story. Guess it means I'm bored today... :D

As an aside, I saw Light's family walking through the Indy airport on the way back from the SB in February.  I'm assuming it was his family, as I've never seen anyone wear a Matt Light Pats jersey... and he did go to Purdue, so it wouldn't surpise me if they're from the area.

Not sure why I shared that story.  Guess it means I'm bored today...  :D

947769[/snapback]

It is quite funny that you mention Matt Light's family and as said above, his father talks about his injury. Not sure if Indy is the easiest place to fly out of for where they are from, but Superbowl weekend, you take what you can get.......

Tackle Matt Light was again nowhere to be seen at Gillette Stadium, as he was presumably receiving treatment on an injured lower leg that team sources said had him wearing a boot and walking with the aid of crutches on Monday.

Light's father, Bill, told the Dayton (Ohio) Daily News that his son hasn't suffered a major injury. Light grew up in Greenville, Ohio, 40 miles northwest of Dayton.

''The only thing I can tell you is that it's really not serious," Bill Light said. ''He'll probably miss a preseason game or something, but other than that, it's fine. The reason they don't release [injury information] is because that becomes an instant target."

Well, you asked for it:

I take back all the good things I said about your book,  :D

After your brown-nosing comment to Captain Hook.   :D

The Patriots will be done this year for sure,     :D

Wait, wasn't I saying that throughout 1994 ?    :doah:

Well, the football season is here, I wish it would'a came soona'    :D

But then again, we'll soon be joined by that momo, Ugly Tuna.   :D

But the season will start, some will cry some will cheer,   :D

But when it's all over, we Huddler's should get together for a beer.  :D

946010[/snapback]

I mean....homo! :D