[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Rattay

Caveman_Nick

is Rattay that bad? I think he gives them a better chance of winning now than Smith does. That elevates the whole team up a notch or two as far as I'm concerned. I picked Rattay up a couple of years ago and he had some good games. Lloyd is in his 3rd year, Barlow is looking better, I don't think they'll be as bad as last year.

If you load up on stud RB and WR in the early rounds and get a Brady/Brooks/Brees QB in the 5th-6th, I see Rattay being a decent late round backup, more upside than a Dilfer, Bledsoe, Ramsey or Eli.

Edited by Todd1

is Rattay that bad?  I picked him up a couple of years ago and he had some good games.  Lloyd is in his 3rd year, Barlow is looking better, I don't think they'll be as bad as last year.

If you load up on stud RB and WR in the early rounds and get a Brady/Brooks/Brees QB in the 5th-6th, I see Rattay being a decent late round backup, more upside than a Dilfer, Bledsoe, Ramsey or Eli.

945623[/snapback]

:D I just thought the zoo on SF was funny. I have no particular opinion on Rattay.

I'm not trying to say that Rattay is very good, but when he was healthy early last season, he put up pretty decent fantasy numbers. San Fran was usually down big early and Rattay had to air it out on a regular basis, and it ended up with him providing decent yardage and TD numbers before his forearm issues really started to affect him. I wouldn't draft him, but in a pinch I'd rather have him then someone like Losman, Boller, Dilfer, Frerotte, or maybe even Eli Manning. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Like I've been saying in other threads. Rattay will play until the 9ers are statistically out of the playoffs and then Smith will play the rest of the season. IMO, Smith will be the starting QB in week 7 or 8 after the 9ers have lost their first 6 or 7 games...unless Rattay gets pasted in a blindside blitz in week 2 and takes a turf nap.

:D

Sense of hughmour is lost on the huddle.  Tis a sad day.

945703[/snapback]

Agree. I read you DMD quote and thought, "God help you is right!" Rattay is a desperation waiver pick at best.

I think we're all a little too close to draft day and taking it all very seriously. :D

At least some of us find the serious talk about Rattay's value amusing. :D

It WAS hysterical Nick! :D

And the HuddleUp blurb about Dayne is pretty priceless too.  "Fat boy still has a pulse." :D

945756[/snapback]

'Pillsbury Ron' should be his new nickname, since 'thunder' didn't stick. :D Thunder Thighs might have stuck, though...

9ers fans have been spoiled for so long with Montana, Young, and Garcia that this new QB thing is really piss'n em off.

945708[/snapback]

Hey Pancake, I'm a niners fan and I'm not pissed off. I do believe Nolan pulled the trigger a little to quick in chosing the starter. The kid only had 18 reps in the preseason. Either way Smith is going to get the nod within the season. It's a question of when. I'm not bitter about anything. Every team goes through slumps. This is our slump. Rattay isn't a bad QB, of course you're going to struggle when half or most of the starting Oline is 2nd and 3rd stringers. I can't hate on Rattay until what he does this season. He had no help and didn't have a great coaching staff helping him out either. This year he has a little more help and should have a better chancing of trying to win. I'm not saying the Niners are going to win a whole lot more, cause quite frankley, they're not. I hope they win one or two more games then last year. Thats is quite possible if they stay healthy.