[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Draft strategy...

dfv87

Got caught at our auction last night...Kinda...

I already had Edge and Duece on the roster, Larry johnson was up and NOBODY was bidding at all and the guy with Priest was gonna get him for next to zero! So I bid and bid until I had him up to a fair value, only problem is Priest owner walked away :doah: and now I have edge Duece and LJ and am short $$ for WR's Anyway I did manage to get it done pretty good at WR anyway but I had to let 2 guys I wanted pass for a couple of dollars. Only so many bullets to fire at an auction... :D Last year I got stuck with Dillon (wasn't on my want list, but that worked out well) Now I am hoping for a Priest scare so the trade offer comes! A topnotch WR will be a fair price!

Anybody else get caught trying to bid up somebody?

:D

I already had Edge and Duece on the roster, Larry johnson was up and NOBODY was bidding at all and the guy with Priest was gonna get him for next to zero! So I bid and bid until I had him up to a fair value, only problem is Priest owner walked away  :doah: and now I have edge Duece and LJ and am short $$ for WR's Anyway I did manage to get it done pretty good at WR anyway but I had to let 2 guys I wanted pass for a couple of dollars. Only so many bullets to fire at an auction... :D  Last year I got stuck with Dillon (wasn't on my want list, but that worked out well) Now I am hoping for a Priest scare so the trade offer comes! A topnotch WR will be a fair price!

947781[/snapback]

I see this every year. I learned a long time ago to quit worrying about who other players were getting for what price. Now I focus only on my team.

I see this every year. I learned a long time ago to quit worrying about who other players were getting for what price. Now I focus only on my team.

947786[/snapback]

:D You bid up 4 or 5 players and didn't have any money to fill out the rest of your roster in Confusion. My excuse was it was my first auction draft, what was yours?

Now I did say "kinda" got stuck, I am not completely unhappy about getting LJ. It did make me adjust my bids somewhat but certainly I wouldn't risk my entire draft just to get someone to spend 2 more dollars. LJ hopefully will pay dividends in the future weeks! at least he is trade bait.

LJ is probably the only player I would consider doing this with....and only if the Priest owner was going to get him for next to nothing. How much was he originally going to get him for? How much did he end up sticking him with you for? What was the overall amount you started with?

I have an auction next week, does anyone see any strategy to throwing a guy like LJ out there before Priest? He could probably be had pretty cheap at that point.

:D You bid up 4 or 5 players and didn't have any money to fill out the rest of your roster in Confusion.  My excuse was it was my first auction draft, what was yours?

947789[/snapback]

Actually that is not correct. I bid the amount that I wanted on those players. Then stopped. When I saw that I could snag all 4, I pushed all of my chips in. I knew that I could fill out the rest of my roster just fine.

To me, based on the structure of that particular league, I wanted the core of those players. That is a far cry from shilling.

See in ConFusion, the auction values had no real consequences after the stocking. I got the best 3 players in the draft. And I have no qualms about drafting a keeper league 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and stocking the rest with scrubs. I can upgrade later. But these guys are here to stay.

Edited by DKF

Actually that is not correct. I bid the amount that I wanted on those players. Then stopped. When I saw that I could snag all 4, I pushed all of my chips in. I knew that I could fill out the rest of my roster just fine.

To me, based on the structure of that particular league, I wanted the core of those players. That is a far cry from shilling.

947852[/snapback]

I'm just giving you hell. Far be it from me to give anyone advice on auctions. I'm not overly impressed in my one try at this so far. I will be doing another one next week, and hope to do much better.

I'm just giving you hell.  Far be it from me to give anyone advice on auctions.  I'm not overly impressed in my one try at this so far.  I will be doing another one next week, and hope to do much better.

947858[/snapback]

Everyone does shill a little, but in every league, there is someone who obsessively cannot allow someone else to get a bargain. I got burned too many times in my early auctions. Now I bid no more than I want for them on my own team. If that means someone gets a super bargain, to me it means that's one less roster spot that they need to fill, and therefore less competition for the guys I do want.

I already had Edge and Duece on the roster, Larry johnson was up and NOBODY was bidding at all and the guy with Priest was gonna get him for next to zero! So I bid and bid until I had him up to a fair value, only problem is Priest owner walked away  :doah: and now I have edge Duece and LJ and am short $$ for WR's Anyway I did manage to get it done pretty good at WR anyway but I had to let 2 guys I wanted pass for a couple of dollars. Only so many bullets to fire at an auction... :D  Last year I got stuck with Dillon (wasn't on my want list, but that worked out well) Now I am hoping for a Priest scare so the trade offer comes! A topnotch WR will be a fair price!

947781[/snapback]

If priest goes down and LJ is getting you 30 PPG, you will be a happy camper.