[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell Disciples

Jumpin Johnies

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing to realize about Index - they always love Denver players. They had Rod Smith like #4 last year for WR.

955270[/snapback]

I had Rod Smith on my team last season and he had a good year, but it wasn't that good.

I still think Skeletor will break tradition and go with a pseudo RBBC. Ok by me, but during the 7th round or later, he is a steal. The other problem with Bell is not holding onto the rock. If, on the few carries shanny gives him he drops it, it's lights out unless Anderson gets hurt. I also see Dayne as the Zack Crocket of this team.

For what it is worth, Fantasy Football Index has Mike Anderson Rated the 5th OVERALL pick.  Even ahead of Manning!  While that may be much, they do have Bell as the 38th RB on the board.  At least the Index knows a Fraud when they see one!

955211[/snapback]

I don't think the Index deserves props for this. They were the first mag to come out with Bell being the #3 RB this year. They were so high on Bell he's on their cover. Ian even said on his website a few weeks ago Bell would be a "defining pick" for them, since they were the only ones who had Bell rated that high.

The Index perpetuated a fraud. Ranking Anderson at #5 right now is more hopeful than analytical. They hope to be able to say "Well, we may have picked the wrong back in Bell, but at least we were right about a Denver RB ending up in the top 5."

His rehabilitation has gone well over the past year and as evidenced by his 95 yard run against the Colts, he is healthy once again.

955131[/snapback]

Please give the Colts' defense its due credit. Anderson only had a 93 yard run. Please correct this gross injustice.

Edited by CaptainHook

why hasn't anyone mentioned Griffin blew out his ACl last year...

955493[/snapback]

Hey now, don't forget Griffin also blew out that petalar (sp?) tendon. However, he managed his first preseason game last week without reinjury, which is encouraging.

Hey now, don't forget Griffin also blew out that petalar (sp?) tendon.  However, he managed his first preseason game last week without reinjury, which is encouraging.

955504[/snapback]

yuup...I was a Griffin owner last year...he's no more than a change of pace back..

FF websites are catching up to the depth chart:

FFLPros had Anderson as the #23 RB since the 25th.

Bell = #38.

One glaring omission:

Willie Parker = not on their list of 86 RBs.

955492[/snapback]

DMD's got Parker updated. :D

I was on Yahoo 5 minutes ago and they still have this chump rated 25th overall.  ESPN's ranking isn't too far behind. 

955052[/snapback]

I did a Yahoo draft last night and Onterrio Smith, Correll Buckhalter and Freddie Jones all got drafted by people using the Yahoo listings.

I was waiting for David Boston to go, but he never did.

Bell could very well be the starter in the 2nd half. Denver produces, that's why people want them. I got Anderson in the 8th and how many starters are available that late? Good #4 imo.

955835[/snapback]

8th round is a good risk/reward pick for Anderson. JMHO. :D

8th round is a good risk/reward pick for Anderson. JMHO. :D

955890[/snapback]

I thought so at the time. I traded down and got an extra 8th round pick and took him. Nothing else available with as much potential, but time will tell.