[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Panther RB ?'s

PantherDave

Foster has only had one good rushing game in his career... against KC, right?

So, what makes him a more viable running back than any other unproven player who has had one good game against a crappy defense... like, I dunno... say, Brock Forsey?

Foster seems to have injury problems, and a sub-4 ypc average against everyone but KC. Why is everyone high on him?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Blah, blah, blah.  If you disagree with my fantasy draft picks, you're WRONG! 

Blah, blah, blah."  :D

Get over yourself.  :D

959963[/snapback]

thats funny ahole. i thought this was a debate on foster/ davis not my draft picks? while i defend my draft picks if i think i'm right, thats all i was doing. i think davis is forked. period. i might be wrong, i might be right. calling me a crybaby because someone disagrees with me is just wrong. i never cried about it. i was just calling the situation as i have seen it unfold. seems i hurt your feelings on another thread about benson. too bad Rosie O'Donnell. sac called me out and said i didn't have anything but "wishful thinking" and had no facts about davis being done. then i went and got all those clips i read. he told me he was just busting my balls.

basically what i'm telling you now is to f u c k o f f. the get over yourself comment is classic. you must not know me very well.....i pick on myself more than i pick on others. you, are an idiot.

if this is the thread that i "snapped" on swerski.....i have no retraction.

ok swerski, i was willing to listen to your points and arguements. BUT, when you say "i see alot more priest holmes in thomas jones," you have lost all credibility. reread it and say it out loud. are you convincing yourself yet? do you think gruden would let priest jr. get away?? does benson have to be in the priest mold to be good. perhaps he could remind you of jamal lewis with better hands. it seems like you are bashing on him without really giving him a chance. you must be the proud jones owner in a few leagues. get over your bitterness about him signing and i'll bet you a sigline that he gets in the first game and plays. (shows up on nfl.com stats.)

boy, that was so mean and bitter.....i just snapped. i don't know what came over me.

anyway, if you want more arguement....i'm going nowhere.

jones, couldn't beat out pittman in az. couldn't beat him out in tampa. tampa has since drafted a rb to take over for pittman.

the bears took jones last yr, who couldn't beat out pittman on az or tampa, and then also drafted a rb in the first round. hmm....see any similarities??

before you go calling me a crybaby, sack up. each time i have called you out(sigline bet above and 10 dollar bet about better stats between foster/davis) you become silent. at least i'm here making an opinion and willing to back it up.

if i'm wrong about benson/jones or foster/davis, i'll be right here saying i was wrong. will you??

As a Foster owner in two leagues I'm just pissed at myself for not realizing S. Davis was this close to playing.

However, nobody knows who the starter is because Fox hasn't officially named him (unless I missed it).

Sure Foster had the same surgery as Davis, but Foster was a lot younger and had more time between the surgery and the begining of the season (IIRC about 4 months more). I guess stranger things have happened, but I would be somewhat surprised if Davis gets more carries that Foster (barring an injury to Foster (insert your Foster injury jokes here)). However, if Davis can play, he's going to at least cut into Foster's carries.... which sucks for me.

As a Foster owner in two leagues I'm just pissed at myself for not realizing S. Davis was this close to playing.

However, nobody knows who the starter is because Fox hasn't officially named him (unless I missed it). 

Sure Foster had the same surgery as Davis, but Foster was a lot younger and had more time between the surgery and the begining of the season (IIRC about 4 months more).  I guess stranger things have happened, but I would be somewhat surprised if Davis gets more carries that Foster (barring an injury to Foster (insert your Foster injury jokes here)).  However, if Davis can play, he's going to at least cut into Foster's carries.... which sucks for me.

960273[/snapback]

Seriously though... what do people see in Foster? Other than his one game against KC, has he ever done anything worthy of being called a good running back in the NFL?

He doesn't have long runs...

He doesn't have a good ypc average...

He doesn't seem to score TDs...

What's the appeal?

Edited by AtomicCEO

Seriously though... what do people see in Foster?  Other than his one game against KC, has he ever done anything worthy of being called a good running back in the NFL?

What's the appeal?

960283[/snapback]

the answer is no...he hasn't. i said that earlier in this thread. foster needs to prove he can string together a few games let alone a whole season. he is capable of long runs though. he could score t.d.s if he is the primary back, why wouldn't he?? his ypc is a mystery as we only have the one game to go on. the appeal i would imagine is that he would be the starting rb on a playoff caliber team with a decent qb and good wr's. not to mention there defense. all those would apply to davis as well, if he becomes "the man". except that he's 31 and coming back from that injury. his shelf life isn't but another yr or two anyway. and thats if he can cut, turn, plant, and take a hit.

Big Len P. doesn't seem to think talk of SD starting is all that far fetched...he went undrafted in my league and seems like a no brainer pick up in our preseason free agency...

Mike (Providence, RI): What's up Len?? Do you think Steven Davis will start 16 games this year or is he done.

Len Pasquarelli: given the positive news on davis from the carolina camp last week, it sure doesn't seem like he is done . . . on the other hand, the "microfracture" surgery procedure is a tricky one . . . let's hope he can start all 16 games, but that might be a stretch . . . the good side is that the panthers are very deep at tailback

I believe that SD will get the first chance to start if he plays well in the final PS game and has no problems the next day.

Otherwise, it'll be RBBC until someone gets hurt ... and even then, it may continue to be RBBC, with simply another RB slotted into the committee...

Seriously though... what do people see in Foster?  Other than his one game against KC, has he ever done anything worthy of being called a good running back in the NFL?

What's the appeal?

960283[/snapback]

Without S. Davis in the picture he is the best RB on that team and the starting RB in Carolina has value for FF. It's about future opportunity, not past performance. Pretty straight forward stuff :D

As I said though, I totally missed the fact that Foster's opportunity might be diminished by S. Davis.

thats funny ahole.  i thought this was a debate on foster/ davis not my draft picks?  while i defend my draft picks if i think i'm right, thats all i was doing.  i think davis is forked.  period.  i might be wrong, i might be right.  calling me a crybaby because someone disagrees with me is just wrong.  i never cried about it.  i was just calling the situation as i have seen it unfold.  seems i hurt your feelings on another thread about benson.  too bad Rosie O'Donnell.  sac called me out and said i didn't have anything but "wishful thinking" and had no facts  about davis being done.  then i went and got all those clips i read.  he told me he was just busting my balls. 

basically what i'm telling you now is to f u c k o f f.  the get over yourself comment is classic.  you must not know me very well.....i pick on myself more than i pick on others.  you, are an idiot.

960021[/snapback]

So, saying that Thomas Jones is a lot more like Priest (i.e., a WCO back) than Benson is wrong? I did not say that Jones was a BETTER back than Benson, moron. If you weren't so busy propping up the backs that you drafted and mouthing off to people who disagree with your draft strategy, you might've noticed that the first time.

Now go f u c k your mother. :D

So, saying that Thomas Jones is a lot more like Priest (i.e., a WCO back) than Benson is wrong?

961154[/snapback]

Thomas Jones sucks, dude. It's an insult to compare him to even a mediocre back, let alone a great back like Priest Holmes.

Now lay off the mother comments, especially on crispy. That's not a good way to make friends. :D

Thomas Jones sucks, dude.  It's an insult to compare him to even a mediocre back, let alone a great back like Priest Holmes.

Now lay off the mother comments, especially on crispy.  That's not a good way to make friends.  :D

961176[/snapback]

So, it's an insult to compare Jones, who has actually had some success in the NFL, to a back who has done absolutely nothing in the pros? Please... :D

If Krispy Kreme didn't want me to talk about his mother, he shouldn't have started with the insults. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

So, saying that Thomas Jones is a lot more like Priest (i.e., a WCO back) than Benson is wrong?  I did not say that Jones was a BETTER back than Benson, moron.  If you weren't so busy propping up the backs that you drafted and mouthing off to people who disagree with your draft strategy, you might've noticed that the first time.

Now go f u c k your mother.  :D

961154[/snapback]

let me see.....i have mcgahee on more teams than foster and benson. i have julius on more teams than benson and foster. the arguement was between foster/davis and benson/jones. for some reason, you want to drag me into a p i s s ing match and say all my comments are because these guys are on my team. well, i can piss and spell my name with it....what can you do??

:D

nice resort to my mom. when i used to have no other come back, i used to go there, when i was 12. i see thats what you've been reduced too. why don't u just sack up, and take one of my bets? since you are so fond of mr. davis and mr. jones. you are a Rosie O'Donnell of epic proportions and i'm glad i've called you out on this. to say i disagree with people that go against my draft strategy is severely missing the point. thats what debates are supposed to be.

nice resort to my mom.  when i used to have no other come back, i used to go there, when i was 12.  i see thats what you've been reduced too.

961212[/snapback]

And apparently you're still there. Let's go back and see who started with the insults and name-calling...

thats funny ahole.

basically what i'm telling you now is to f u c k o f f.

you, are an idiot.

960021[/snapback]

you are a Rosie O'Donnell of epic proportions and i'm glad i've called you out on this.

You're not only an idiot, you're a hypocritical one as well. Do us all a favor and die a slow, painful death.

So, it's an insult to compare Jones, who has actually had some success in the NFL, to a back who has done absolutely nothing in the pros?  Please...  :D

If Krispy Kreme didn't want me to talk about his mother, he shouldn't have started with the insults.  :D

961206[/snapback]

hey swerski, the insults started AFTER you called me crybaby for arguing my points. you drew first blood my friend. unless....you are talking about how i said you lost all credibility by comparing jones to priest. man, that was such a bad insult, i don't know what i would have done either.

hey swerski, the insults started AFTER you called me crybaby for arguing my points.  you drew first blood my friend.  unless....you are talking about how i said you lost all credibility by comparing jones to priest.  man, that was such a bad insult, i don't know what i would have done either.

961222[/snapback]

Let's see: the "crying" emoticon vs. "ahole" and "f u c k o f f"...

I guess that all of us who use that emoticon are insulting other Huddlers. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

And apparently you're still there.  Let's go back and see who started with the insults and name-calling...

You're not only an idiot, you're a hypocritical one as well.  Do us all a favor and die a slow, painful death.

961221[/snapback]

who started the insults......you did.

who is the "do us all" you are referring to?? other huddle members??? i would like to know how many actually agree with you, or agree with me. not on the foster/davis debate, but on who made the first disparaging remark. it was you calling me a crybaby, not me calling you ahole. get your facts straight. you can't, and its in front of you in black and white.

who started the insults......you did.

who is the "do us all" you are referring to??  other huddle members???  i would like to know how many actually agree with you, or agree with me.  not on the foster/davis debate, but on who made the first disparaging remark.  it was you calling me a crybaby, not me calling you ahole.  get your facts straight.  you can't, and its in front of you in black and white.

961235[/snapback]

Find the quote where I "called" you a crybaby, moron.

I think you both suck right now.  Let's stick to the subject at hand.  The Carolina RB situation.

961243[/snapback]

Davis is an old, injury-prone back. Foster is a young, injury-prone back. Neither are going to stay healthy for more than half a season and both should be released next year.

that post you called me a crybaby in was mysteriously deleted.  how could that have happened?  why would somebody do that??  its just gone.  i must have been imagining it cause i know you wouldn't go there. :D

961260[/snapback]

LOL!!! Is that what you resort to when you're wrong?! :D

Davis is an old, injury-prone back.  Foster is a young, injury-prone back.  Neither are going to stay healthy for more than half a season and both should be released next year.

961249[/snapback]

Davis has a few more years on his contract but his cap # will be quite large next year so he will either re-structure or be released next spring. Foster is in the last year of his rookie contract and needs to have a big year if he is looking to cash in and get paid. Problem is that several big time RBs (Edge and SAlex) will be UFAs next year too, so the market for Foster will be not has big as he is hoping for. Foster has plenty of talent and I think he will definitely have a good season this year if he can manage to stay healthy.

Without S. Davis in the picture he is the best RB on that team and the starting RB in Carolina has value for FF.  It's about future opportunity, not past performance.  Pretty straight forward stuff :D

As I said though, I totally missed the fact that Foster's opportunity might be diminished by S. Davis.

960923[/snapback]

Anyone see the Superbowl or the playoffs when Carolina had it's run? Foster was fantastic during that stretch. His whole issue is health. Granted he's not at #1 back, not even close, but he could be a good #2 with upside.

I'm not as worried about Davis as most people are. Even if he plays well this weekend, (and I only expect about 5 touches), I still don't see how he's going to play a significant role in the running game until week 4 or so. He can't have his playing legs back yet.