[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Effects of Jet's QB disaster...

cre8tiff

What will be the seasonal effects of the Jet's lack of QB on Curtis' FF numbers?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the seasonal effects of the Jet's lack of QB on Curtis' FF numbers?

• Without a good QB, the Jets will rely on the running game, to C. Martin's benefit.
    • Without a good QB, the Jets will OVER rely on the running game, hurting C. Martin's numbers.
    • It will remain about the same.

8 man fronts and no ability to play action pass will hurt CuMar, who certainly hasn't been setting the house afire yet this season. I have him in two leagues and my season looks very bleak as he is just one of many problems I have.

I'll say it has no effect.

Defenses (KC, Miami, and Jacksonville) were already putting 8 in the box because they knew Pennington couldn't throw the ball deep. I don't see them going to 9 in the box.

Bollinger has no experience, but at least he can throw the ball over 30 yards. So teams will have to respect the deep threat a little more. As a matter of fact, they will probably go to a lot of zone defenses and blitzes to try to confuse and hurry the young QB. This could actually help Martin's numbers a bit since the Jets like to run a lot of draws and screens against blitzes.

Of course, if Bollinger is just plain ineffective and the Jets have a bunch of 3 and outs, Martin's numbers will suffer.

So, net-net, I'll say Martin's numbers remain at their current tepid levels.

Edit: Apparently the Jets have signed Vinny - I'm not sure what he has left in the tank, but I imagine him being in the line-up might help Curtis a bit.

Edited by Vet