[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Testerverde signed

timberho27

To be honest, I don't think it's going to make a difference with the way pennington has been playing so far this season. He has obviously been hurt and having problems, his throws had so much loft on them, and were mostly very very weak and never reached the target. Another interesting fact I just heard on the radio is no nfl qb has come back after having 2 rotator cuff surgeories. Believe it or not, testerverde is an upgrade in regards to arm strength.

...Believe it or not, testerverde is an upgrade in regards to arm strength.

1024471[/snapback]

Vinny actually has a gun - even at age 65 or whatever he is.

It's his decision-making and lack of mobility that you worry about.

He's 41 now. I personally don't think he's going to be as bad as everyone thinks he will be. The jets season isn't going anywhere, but I also think it was done before pennington went down. I'm not saying testeverde is worth picking up for fantasy football, but I do think coles #s will actually start improving.

Are you kidding me?  He's not going to be as bad as everything thinks he is going to be?  Rovers, please chime in here.  This is not good, any way you slice it.

1024532[/snapback]

Soop, i'm not saying vinny is going to save the day or anything, i'm just pointing out that the jets were in big trouble at the qb position before this sunday. Chad P obviously wasn't right this season. I've heard he's having trouble with the offensive system, but I also can say his arm has just looked very weak. I know he's never had that long throw ability, but within 20 yards he was a great nfl qb, and he wasn't hitting those throws this year consistantly. While vinny T is old, and was horrible last time he was on the jets, he did fairly well last year for dallas with over 3500 yards starting in 15 games, granted he had 20 ints and only 17 tds, but it's not nearly as bad as things could be with bollinger at the healm. And with the way chad has been throwing the ball, I don't think the drop off will be all that bad.

Soop, i'm not saying vinny is going to save the day or anything, i'm just pointing out that the jets were in big trouble at the qb position before this sunday.  Chad P obviously wasn't right this season.  I've heard he's having trouble with the offensive system, but I also can say his arm has just looked very weak.  I know he's never had that long throw ability, but within 20 yards he was a great nfl qb, and he wasn't hitting those throws this year consistantly.  While vinny T is old, and was horrible last time he was on the jets, he did fairly well last year for dallas with over 3500 yards starting in 15 games, granted he had 20 ints and only 17 tds, but it's not nearly as bad as things  could be with bollinger at the healm.  And with the way chad has been throwing the ball, I don't think the drop off will be all that bad.

1024583[/snapback]

timberho27, I have to disagree. Granted Chad hasn't been throwing the ball well, but defenses actually respected his ability and with a little more time, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten the offense under control. The dude is pretty darn smart. With BB or Vinny at the helm, there will be no respect for the pass. Get ready for 8 in the box and CuMar running into walls like this :D To me, this recipe for disaster. I can't wait to see DMD's prediction for the Jets/Ravens game this weekend.

timberho27, I have to disagree.  Granted Chad hasn't been throwing the ball well, but defenses actually respected his ability and with a little more time, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten the offense under control.  The dude is pretty darn smart.  With BB or Vinny at the helm, there will be no respect for the pass.  Get ready for 8 in the box and CuMar running into walls like this :D  To me, this recipe for disaster.  I can't wait to see DMD's prediction for the Jets/Ravens game this weekend.

1024608[/snapback]

Vinny won't play this week.

Yes, the news is reporting bollinger will be starting this weekend. And I agree that chad is a smart player, his arm warranted no respect this year. While i'm not a jets fan, living in nj like you i see every single jets game, and his arm was just not right. I'm not questioning his ability to control the offense, i'm questioning his velocity.

Testaverde will get killed behind this aging Jets line. One of my biggest concerns this year was that the O lineman have to hold their blocks longer in the new offense. OLT Fabini has been putrid, straight ahead bull rushes knock him on his keester. Now, he has a knee sprain on top of that.

The Jets need a QB that is mobile, something that Bollinger is, something Testaverde is not. As a Jets fan, I can only hope that Bollinger plays well enough next week to keep VT on the bench. It had become apparent to me that Pennington just was not healthy enough to keep the defense honest, and is a big part of why Martin has had such a slow start. I actually felt that the Jets were better off with Fiedler..... for about 6 plays. :D He had the mobility to get out of the pocket.... Testaverde is a statue. He'll get kilt.

He's probably the best of what was available on the free agent market.  Older than hell, but he still has an arm.  I'm surprised that the Bears chose Blake over him after Grossman went down.

1024624[/snapback]

I don't know if they approached him, but maybe he didn't want to choose Chicago?

Also, I'll go out on a limb here and predict Bollinger sees some early success (yes, even vs Balt) until the league gets enough footage on him to 'figure him out' which seems to be a trend with decently mobile but mediocre QBs in this league - Wright, Carter & Plummer in his early going come to mind.

In other words: Bollinger will pull off an upset pr two, be the hero of NY until mid-October and then get crucified by Halloween.

...Also, I'll go out on a limb here and predict Bollinger sees some early success (yes, even vs Balt) until the league gets enough footage on him to 'figure him out' which seems to be a trend with decently mobile but mediocre QBs in this league - Wright, Carter & Plummer in his early going come to mind.

In other words: Bollinger will pull off an upset pr two, be the hero of NY until mid-October and then get crucified by Halloween.

1024863[/snapback]

I think there may be some validity to that.