[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Padres Win the NL West

Chargerz

I know, I know......500 ballclub, underachievers, unimpressive, probably will lose in the first round of the playoffs.

BUT they're healthier now than they've been in a long time (if we can get Dave Roberts back), and, who knows, anything can happen in any particular series!?!? :D

I know, I know......500 ballclub, underachievers, unimpressive, probably will lose in the first round of the playoffs.

BUT they're healthier now than they've been in a long time (if we can get Dave Roberts back), and, who knows, anything can happen in any particular series!?!?  :D

1031583[/snapback]

GO CARDINALS!!

BUT they're healthier now than they've been in a long time (if we can get Dave Roberts back), and, who knows, anything can happen in any particular series!?!?  :D

1031583[/snapback]

thats how i will feel whe the bears win the NFC north, congrads, and enjoy.

1031583[/snapback]

The Braves had some health issues this year too.

Well, it may not be glamorous (understatement), but the Padres won their division. I'm hoping they can make the Cardinals work for it!

i agree, i want to face mighty padres in the world series.

1035238[/snapback]

:D Hey, are the White Sox going to "go retro" and break out the black & white short-sets with the big lapels for their playoff uni's? :D

CONGRATS TO THE PADRES!! :D

go cards.....

pad's are now down 5-8, 2 outs 2 on.......

oh amn talk about health..... if only, if only.

giants at least had a chance late.... full season of bonds and benitez would have helped a bit...

as i type.... now bases loaded.....

It ain't lookin' good for the Padre faithful...an absolute ass whoopin' at the hands of the Cards with their best guy on the mound.

1042986[/snapback]

Now San Diego sports radio is saying Peavy was pitching with a painful rib injury and is out for the rest of the post-season.

Makes me think pitching in pain was not too smart of an idea!! :D

Well, it may not be glamorous (understatement), but the Padres won their division.

1031750[/snapback]

Just to chime in - I LOVE that the traditionalists are all in a tizzy because *horror* there's a .500 team in the playoffs! AND THEY WERE CELEBRATING IT!.

Look, the Pads did what they had to do to get into the playoffs. It's like any team - you can only play the hand that's dealt to you in many respects - BYU Cougars go 13-0 in 84 and get the title? Well, everyone else in front of them stumbled; Vikes/Rams make the playoff at 8-8 last year? What are they gonna do, refuse? and so on.

Division systems are to a certain extent flawed; stuff like this happens. :D Point is, it's like we (at least I) tell rookie FF players - just GET TO THE PLAYOFFS; anything can happen once you get there (more likely in FF than in MLB, but I also recall the Nuggets not having a chance against the Sonics way back when..)

Now Astasio needs to stop the bleeding on Thursday!! :D

1042960[/snapback]

He's going to need an awfully big band-aid. :D

1047691[/snapback]

Yep, a band-aid is definitely not going to be enough. After today's beating, the Padres barely have a pulse! :D

Edited by Chargerz